• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
the size of the stalls are still pathetic. Prove that Sinkies no balls to challenge LKY PAP dominance to improve standard of hawker stall.

These two may not be popular but very good, can try:

In Tanglin Halt Food Centre

This fishball noodle is in Tanglin Halt Market

QUOTE]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
[video=youtube;b4G6Vw_4Bng]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4G6Vw_4Bng[/video]

Video taken 30mins ago

At 1:00 you see what used to be Queenstown Bowling Alley and Queenstown Cinema

At 1:11 you see what used to be the block 27A next to Queenstown ROV now becoming a condo

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
if not for JBJ kpkb at LKY that Lee and Lee Gecko company make $500 per conveyance fee on HDB sales Lee-family today will be $trillionaires.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if not for JBJ kpkb at LKY that Lee and Lee Gecko company make $500 per conveyance fee on HDB sales Lee-family today will be $trillionaires.

I wonder whether or not the HDB place an invitation in the local major newspapers, to invite tenders.
Who knows whether or not any other law firm(s) may be able and willing to provide the services at say $300 per conveyance?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I wonder whether or not the HDB place an invitation in the local major newspapers, to invite tenders.
Who knows whether or not any other law firm(s) may be able and willing to provide the services at say $300 per conveyance?

Skali only one firm tender the others no balls, wahahahahahaha, I will not be surprise.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Skali only one firm tender the others no balls, wahahahahahaha, I will not be surprise.

sakali several law firms submit tenders, but the HDB ended selecting that law firm, for whatever reason(s).

Last edited by a moderator:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
sakali several law firms submit tenders, but the HDB ended selecting that law firm, for whatever reason(s).

Once again I will not be surprise. If they had rared so many kangaroos what can they not do?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Had a great hor-fun for breakfast this morning at Tanglin Halt Food Centre

Only $3 for this plate of horfun with a generous helping of duck meat, ask for more dark sauce gravy, its very "pang". The meat is very soft and fragrant with the lor-jab

This is the store

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Last 3 visits to Singapore wanted to have this delicious duck noodle at Tanglin Halt but closed finally today is lucky. Only $3 compare to my $12 wanton noodle yesterday

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Used to have breakfast here years ago when lived near here. Finally I'm back this morning. One of the best kway-chap very old style taste the braised lor is light and and fragrant. Holland Market #02-02

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tanglin Halt Nasi Biryani. Haven't have thsi for as very long time

With fish

And with mutton

Different dishes

Stall has biryani only on Fridays

Be prepared to queue a little

A great meal to conclude my visit

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

It was never a tender process needed as far as I know. HDB has always allowed you to use your own lawyer. But if you did, the paperwork took several weeks later. Happened to friends of mine. they used Drew Napier to do their conveyancing and found out other people had their keys 2 weeks before them. But if you don't request to HDB that you want to use your own lawyer, they will simply default to Lee and Lee. Also, many people know about being tekaned if they don't use the HDB specified lawyers, so they just kwai kwai keep quite. Most other legal firms charge the same as Lee and Lee, so its not like they are saving a lot of money. But the fact that so many conveyancing directed to Lee and Lee, far in proportion to their market share of the legal business in singapore is already corruption.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was never a tender process needed as far as I know. HDB has always allowed you to use your own lawyer. But if you did, the paperwork took several weeks later. Happened to friends of mine. they used Drew Napier to do their conveyancing and found out other people had their keys 2 weeks before them. But if you don't request to HDB that you want to use your own lawyer, they will simply default to Lee and Lee. Also, many people know about being tekaned if they don't use the HDB specified lawyers, so they just kwai kwai keep quite. Most other legal firms charge the same as Lee and Lee, so its not like they are saving a lot of money. But the fact that so many conveyancing directed to Lee and Lee, far in proportion to their market share of the legal business in singapore is already corruption.

Since hdb in business....lee & lee already was the default lawyers.
Back then $500 per transaction fees basically standard paperwork only.
Now is thousands. Can you imagine how much lee and lee made already? Machiam printing money with no need look for sales.
Later years no choice they have to open up this lobang to a few of their cronies. Still I believe already raked in billions

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Used to have breakfast here years ago when lived near here. Finally I'm back this morning. One of the best kway-chap very old style taste the braised lor is light and and fragrant. Holland Market #02-02

Bro many say this is imitation stall.
The original blanco court one is Toricos and moved to old airport road HC

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro many say this is imitation stall.
The original blanco court one is Toricos and moved to old airport road HC

Thanks for the information man. Heard there's one Blanco stall in Serangoon Gdn too man. Now I'm confused.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since hdb in business....lee & lee already was the default lawyers.
Back then $500 per transaction fees basically standard paperwork only.
Now is thousands. Can you imagine how much lee and lee made already? Machiam printing money with no need look for sales.
Later years no choice they have to open up this lobang to a few of their cronies. Still I believe already raked in billions

It's not just HDB. CPF Board is another cash cow for them, I believe. Since most, if not all, buyers use CPF savings to pay, it's likely that the "inner circle" law firms will have been on the panel of both HDB and CPF.

If you go to any Tom, Dick and Harry firms at People's Park, they can act for HDB, but not CPF. This is the reason why other law firms are unable to charge lower than Lee because Lee can waive one set of costs, but the other law firms who are not on CPF Panel will have to collect money from you to pay CPF Panel law firm.