• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest 36MP Nikon DSLR D800 and D800E is coming

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[video=youtube_share;f7I9Y37sYg4]http://youtu.be/f7I9Y37sYg4[/video]

Last edited:

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should forsake Canon long time ago liao, they've lost their directions..... but heng I'm not a fan of these 2.

Olympus all the way :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Should forsake Canon long time ago liao, they've lost their directions..... but heng I'm not a fan of these 2.

Olympus all the way :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

canon have world best telephoto zoom lens 70-200 mm IS II, and super tele like 200mm f2 IS , 300mm f2.8 IS and 400mm f2.8 IS.
those super tele are so good, i would buy them, if i can carry it around , but i can't, just simply too big and heavy.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
canon have world best telephoto zoom lens 70-200 mm IS II, and super tele like 200mm f2 IS , 300mm f2.8 IS and 400mm f2.8 IS.
those super tele are so good, i would buy them, if i can carry it around , but i can't, just simply too big and heavy.
That precisely why i dun buy DSLR, too big for traveling. My friend have a 7D with a 600m F4, kanina machiam 1 big bazooka. I asked him what he shoot, he said shoot bird... wyf....

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That precisely why i dun buy DSLR, too big for traveling. My friend have a 7D with a 600m F4, kanina machiam 1 big bazooka. I asked him what he shoot, he said shoot bird... wyf....

it is too big. i agree, but the best quality picture in the field without tripod, with tripod MF camera will thrash it.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it is too big. i agree, but the best quality picture in the field without tripod, with tripod MF camera will thrash it.
ehh, didnt know you are in photography also, we open 1 thread at sharing photo section and show our pictures portfolio want? other samsters are welcome :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No because I already have everything that I need for the time being. My Phase One IQ160 back gives me all the pixels I need. For sports and action photography, My D3 [first generation] is still going strong and should last a few more years.

OMG, phase one IQ160, 60 MP. If i strike lottery, i will get IQ180 and modify the camera to take leica S lens, of course it will never happen.

I heard that phase one also have a lot of shadow detail that can be recovered, also the color is very nice compare to the CMOS sensors used by DSLR.

Well, the best i can do is nikon D800E and maybe 14-24 or 14 f1.4 lens, i actually compare canon lens with nikons, i think canon beat nikkor at telephoto range, i cannot find a decent one, they have focus breathing, i hate that.

Maybe one day you can show us some of your wonderful photo from IQ160.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
OMG, phase one IQ160, 60 MP. If i strike lottery, i will get IQ180 and modify the camera to take leica S lens, of course it will never happen.

I heard that phase one also have a lot of shadow detail that can be recovered, also the color is very nice compare to the CMOS sensors used by DSLR.

I almost got the IQ180 but thought it was an overkill so I settled for the IQ160 instead.

To be honest, after spending big bucks, I've now decided that it's not worth the money as all the shortfalls of cheaper cameras can be fixed during post processing. The RAW files straight off the IQ160 are excellent but give me an extra 5 minutes per image and I can make the images from my D3 just as good on screen or when printed up to A3. For A0 size posters, nothing beats the Phase One but I've never printed such a large poster in my life.

What I do like about having 60 megapixels to play around with is that it gives me plenty of latitude when it comes to cropping.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I almost got the IQ180 but thought it was an overkill so I settled for the IQ160 instead.

To be honest, after spending big bucks, I've now decided that it's not worth the money as all the shortfalls of cheaper cameras can be fixed during post processing. The RAW files straight off the IQ160 are excellent but give me an extra 5 minutes per image and I can make the images from my D3 just as good on screen or when printed up to A3. For A0 size posters, nothing beats the Phase One but I've never printed such a large poster in my life.

What I do like about having 60 megapixels to play around with is that it gives me plenty of latitude when it comes to cropping.

I know IQ180 price over performance is too small. IQ180 is just too expensive. Having 60 MP with medium format, you are assure to beat all DSLR for the next 10 years. Even if DSLR would to go to 60MP, your sensor will still thrash them. Yes, the massive size means you have to upgrade your computer, you must build a hacktintosh, with a water cool system, and massively overclocked CPU and a 7970 in it, it will help you.

you dun print big poster, but when you are in front of your professional screen, and you zoom in on an detail, it will bring smile on your face.
it does for me, at least with my puny 21MP 5dmk2.

Not just the latitude of cropping, also the highlight and shadow detail you can bring out using such a massive sensor.
my shadow detail from 5d mk2 is a joke, just bring out noise. i hate it. d800 look promising.
I seen the photo of cheapest medium format and it thrash the most expensive DSLR. Make Dslr look like a toy. The only medium format i can afford is pentax 645d, do you think it is a good buy now with d800e out?

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Phone cam better than Canon????

fGxbW.jpg