• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest 36MP Nikon DSLR D800 and D800E is coming

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now i know what to spend on my fat bonus. D800E, 70-200 VR II, tamron 24-70 f2.8 VC and 50mm f1.4.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
img_04_l.jpg

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Damn Nikon user now kick the balls of canon user. We being laughing at them stuck in DX for years then later stuck at puny 12 MP, now they come out and step on us canon user.

I joined the wrong boat, and it is time to switch.

Canon still ok...wait till u join Olympus like me...nothing new for like a million years...those burger now oni interested in making M43...4/3 user r left alone 2 die n rot...oni goot ting ish...no bleeding...:biggrin::biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
You can see the noise in the "Geisha" image even though ISO is set to 100. MF is still a better option for portraiture.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Canon still ok...wait till u join Olympus like me...nothing new for like a million years...those burger now oni interested in making M43...4/3 user r left alone 2 die n rot...oni goot ting ish...no bleeding...:biggrin::biggrin:

olympus nearly gone bust last year. nothing to wait for.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i thought you are nikon user? you are not going to get one ?

The Nikon is fine for action shots. My D3 is still going great and is fantastic when it comes to shooting my favourite sporting activities.

However, my camera of choice for studio work is the Phase One with a nice big sensor.

I'm skipping the D4. If I'm still around when the D5 comes by, I might bite.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Impressive! But to see the real results of 36 Megapix, one got to see them on larger life size screens, not on PCs.

But Jesus! Imagine how long it'll take to download pics from the camera!

Also looks like Nikon is making their bodies rounder and slopier, as if trying to look more Canonesque.

Last edited:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
kingrant said:
Impressive! But to see the real results of 36 Megapix, one got to see them on larger life size screens, not on PCs.

The 36 Megapixel might mean very much unless the picture is blown up but full frame does make a big difference to the picture.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Nikon is fine for action shots. My D3 is still going great and is fantastic when it comes to shooting my favourite sporting activities.
However, my camera of choice for studio work is the Phase One with a nice big sensor.
I'm skipping the D4. If I'm still around when the D5 comes by, I might bite.

you are that old that you cannot see D5 or you believe end of the world at 2012? D3 too big, phase one too big to bring around for photography.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The 36 Megapixel might mean very much unless the picture is blown up but full frame does make a big difference to the picture.

full frame myth is not correct, aps-c is perfectly capable to take great quality pictures. the problem for me, it turn 50mm lens into 85mm, 85mm is not wide enough for general use. take nex-7 , it better some old full frame camera.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singveld said:
full frame myth is not correct, aps-c is perfectly capable to take great quality pictures. the problem for me, it turn 50mm lens into 85mm, 85mm is not wide enough for general use. take nex-7 , it better some old full frame camera.

The larger sensor of full frame does provide some additional picture quality such as many more shades of grey and colours that a smaller sensor will be stressed to reproduce. I don't play with full-frame but I have a friend who has both full frame and a APS-C of the latest model. Accordingly to him, it was like night and day. Resolution alone determines the pixel count and the difference is only noticeable when the picture is blown up but grey levels and color accuracy is immediately noticeable whatever the size of the picture.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nikon d800 is reaching the hands of nikon fans

I am still waiting for E. D800 is king of 2012.

i-PTFbZWv-XL.jpg