• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

With Influence, Comes Responsibility by Yaw Shin Leong

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
by Yaw Shin Leong on Sunday, 15 January 2012 at 23:26

In the Straits Times yesterday, there was a special report titled ‘The Social Politician’. (Part D, Saturday, 14th January 2012). I read through the report and was a little surprised to find myself listed in all the eight categories. The eight categories & my respective rankings were:

1) Top 10 MPs who generated the most buzz on social media - 3rd Place

2) Top 10 MPs in terms of audience size on Facebook and Twitter - 2nd Place

3) Top 10 MPs who post most frequently on Facebook - 4th Place

4) Top 10 MPs who leave the most number of comments on FB wall - 3rd Place

5) MPs who got the most number of comments from Netizens - 6th Place

6) MPs who use social media most effectively are - 3rd Place (Joint)

7) Buzz per output ranking - 7th Place

8) Top 10 MPs in terms of share of positive comments out of all comments received - 4th Place

While these rankings don’t mean much to me and will not change the way how I interact with Singaporeans both online or offline, still understanding these categories and rankings means that every single word and action from me does have an influence to a varying degree, at least via the social media!

images

Of course we remember Uncle Ben Parker (from Spiderman) who said ‘With great power comes great responsibility’. As such I would like to take this opportunity to leverage upon the little influence I have to share some responsible words of encouragements with my fellow younger Singaporeans.

In life, we are unique beings and we must have purpose-driven convictions. Strong purpose driven convictions are the inextinguishable fuel that propels our passion.

Since we are imperfect beings, we must have the courage to admit mistakes. For the courage to admit mistakes, to apologize and to take corrective actions are the hallmarks of personal leadership.

SM26-001-0-SHI.jpg

If you have a passion for something, find out the reasons behind that something. Talk to your friends and loved ones, if those reasons are worthy. Pursue your passion with deep convictions unceasingly until success is to come.

Likewise, if you think you have made mistakes, talk to your friends and loved ones, even if those are serious mistakes, acknowledge them. Do not attempt to cover one mistake with another. Two wrongs do not make one right. Acknowledge them, take corrective actions and reconcile yourself with those around you.

SM27-001-0-SHI1.jpg

Guess the above were too philosophical for the night. I will stop here and I better do so. This is because similar to my fellow WP MPs I’m also in the midst of finalizing my parliamentary speech on ministerial salaries for this week's sitting!

mswp.jpg

pc_600x450.jpg

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
He forgotten his vow commitment to his wife. I hope he does not forget his commitments to Hougang residents.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good work, brocoli.

I was one of those who up your pts the past few days.

Let's have dinner sometime?

Thanks Man

I lost another 5 pt over the night...... we got a live hypocrite and all the ah pek refuse to believe, as if zappin me into moderation mean he is innocent.....

am the one who say the following?

Yaw Shin Leong said:
must have the courage to admit mistakes. For the courage to admit mistakes, to apologize and to take corrective actions are the hallmarks of personal leadership.

Yaw Shin Leong said:
if you think you have made mistakes, talk to your friends and loved ones, even if those are serious mistakes, acknowledge them. Do not attempt to cover one mistake with another. Two wrongs do not make one right. Acknowledge them, take corrective actions and reconcile yourself with those around you.

those are his own words uttered less than a week after the scandal .... I didnt set the standard, he set his own standard....

as a gen Yer, I must say I have grown much more cynical bout politicians now.....

Last edited:

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...jialat liow...the writing is on the walls already.
ysl has gone missing and did not conduct the MPS.......u can run but u cannot hide forever.
expect a news conference/press statement soon.......
just when opp parties are making inroad.....you can be sure that they will shoot themselve in the feet.
(SPP side show)
who is to be blamed for all the messy affairs.......of course papee and the 60%.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hougang MP Yaw Shin Leong drops out of sight
He cancelled MPS and hasn't visited town council office

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_760301.html

Mr Yaw has been uncontactable since news broke about an alleged affair with a married WP member.By Andrea Ong
Hougang MP Yaw Shin Leong has disappeared from the public eye this week amid growing speculation about his personal life.

Since news surfaced last Friday about his alleged extramarital affair with a married woman from his Workers' Party (WP), the 35-year-old MP has been a no-show at his weekly Meet-the-People session (MPS) and his town council office.

He also could not be contacted by phone, e-mail or at his home.

His fellow party members have also closed ranks, keeping mum about the allegations.

all of you idiots who zap me since 21 Jan, owe me an apology and need to up me back.... if you have balls in the 1st place

Last edited:

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ramseth's English and law training served him well. He only said no evidence so far. But Ram will burn with YSL when evidence is found and justice is done.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
by Yaw Shin Leong on Sunday, 15 January 2012 at 23:26

In the Straits Times yesterday, there was a special report titled ‘The Social Politician’. (Part D, Saturday, 14th January 2012). I read through the report and was a little surprised to find myself listed in all the eight categories. The eight categories & my respective rankings were:

1) Top 10 MPs who generated the most buzz on social media - 3rd Place

By now, YSL should be 1st place.

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Yaw SL should break the silence, come out and explain.

Over-protection in taiwan had destroyed Chen Sui Bian.

Over-gratitute in singapore (by our senior citizens in 60's - 80's) towards PAP had lead to today's problem in singapore.

No, we should not and could not afford to over protect any of our politician, whether PAP or oppositions.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...jialat liow...the writing is on the walls already.
ysl has gone missing and did not conduct the MPS.......u can run but u cannot hide forever.
expect a news conference/press statement soon.......
hahaha...kukubird posted this on 28 Jan 2012....
after this......all the "horse behind canons" came charging like calvaries all over the place....LOL.

Last edited:

TwitSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
if he had opened a conference and admit his wrongdoings in the first place, he wont end up having his political career cut short. besides, he could still hide whatever secrets he have, no need fear of them being dig out. but he kept quiet, and soon a few more women came out of nowhere, like the tuition teacher etc