• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Vikram Nair is a Star in the Parliament

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Vikram Nair (Sembawang):"The Worker's Party has shifted position from its previous statements. In 2006, Mr Low Thia Khiang said that the salaries should be pegged at 100 times that of a worker at the 20th percentile. Back then, Mr Low said this was about $800 per month, so he was prepared to have ministers paid a salary of about $80,000 per month.

He also said that this meant if the income of a worker at this level went up to $1000, the Minister's salary would go up to $100,000, not as a one off bonus, but each month.

In fact, the Committee is less generous than what Mr Low suggested, both in terms of lower base pay and a capped bonus rather than the uncapped sum Mr Low suggested then."

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PPKPpet8PAQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
isn't he the chap that says, "Don't focus too much on the 40 percent that didn't vote for you. We have to remember and keep in mind the interests of the 60 percent that did."

how about reducing his pay 60% now so that he do not have to focus on the 40% that did not vote for him?

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
David Marshall on Million Dollars Ministers

Below comment from David Marshall was back in 1994. Unfortunately the clean up he spoke of never took place and the rot within has spread like a cancerous sore to infiltrate senior ranks of public administration......

Subject: David Marshall In 1994 (when PAP ministers started enjoying their high pay schemes):Well said ........

David Marshall.

David Marshall In 1994 (when PAP ministers started enjoying their high pay schemes):

I've got nothing against money. I'd like to have money myself! I'd like to have a house and a garden and dogs and a car and a chauffeur but, look, I've got a flat. I've got a swimming pool attached to the flat. I've not even got a car but I use taxis. I have a dignified way of life without being wealthy.

I don't see the necessity of owning a Mercedes-Benz and a swimming pool and a couple of mistresses. I think we've got our values all wrong.

You know $ 96,000 a month for a Prime Minister and $ 60,000 a month for a minister. What the hell do you do with all that money? You can't eat it! What do you do with it? Your children don't need all that money.

My children have had the best of education. In fact, I'm very proud of them. One of them is a senior registrar to two major hospitals in Oxford . Another of them is a consultant in European law to the Securities and Investment Board in the United Kingdom . They've had their education. There are no complaints.

I never earned $60,000 a month or $90,000 a month. When I was Chief Minister, I earned $8,000 a month.

Look, what is happening today is we are encouraged to and are becoming worshippers of the Golden Calf.

We have lost sight of the joy and excitement of public service, helping our fellow men. The joy and excitement of seeking and understanding the miracle of the living, the duty and the grandeur. We have lost taste for heroic action in the service of our people.

We have become good bourgeois seeking comfort, security. It's like seeking a crystal coffin and being fed by intravenous injections through pipes in the crystal coffin; crystal coffins stuck with certificates of your pragmatic abilities.

It's time we start to clean up Singapore politics and get rid of the greedy self-serving politicians.

<tbody>
</tbody>

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many many years ago, Lao Lee says something like if you want $$$, don't come into politics. Ironically, we are having a debate on the salaries of Ministar in Parliament.

By the way, Ron, you opened so many threads for this bugger, why? You want to KAM his LANJIAO? :biggrin:

toolanliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
isn't he also that nemocracer that drink from the tap originating from the water tank that a dead body was found. :biggrin::biggrin:

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal
I upz u RonRon! :biggrin:

Thanks for sharing regardless of your political bias. :wink:

INBCa.jpg

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What the fuck? LTK was talking about the previous pay system. Apparently, the MIWs did not took up his recommendation.
Boh pian..... So LTK put it into actions and took down Aljunied GRC. Look at MIWs now, they have to accept something even lower than what LTK recommended. HAHAHA!

HAHAHA! Ron Ron Kena OWNED! HAHAHA!

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vikam Nair is very well prepared in his speech, I would like to see how WP speak up in Parliament against his point.