• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This is what I look forward to whenever I'm going back home to bangkok

Thai beef beehoon and bbq beef balls with sweet sauce

Tah-pow 20 otahs back yesterday - makan 10 today and keep the other 10 in fridge for nasi lemak

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dinner

16061186563_1a678877db_b.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
If anyone of you is in town and may be sick of Thai food and craving for western cuisine, a good and reasonable priced restaurant will be Paris Bangkok that serves authentic French fine dining cuisine. Its ok if you are not dressed up as this is Bangkok and people are very forgiving.

The dining area - the blue tank on the left is where fresh Mediterranean crabs are kept

Smoking and EPL area

Private rooms

A fine Gironde Bordeaux

Had 3 starters - cheese ham puff

Fresh French oysters flown in daily

The taste of the Mediterranean is, well you just have to try this to know

Foie gras terrine

Had two mains - a live French crab

Simply boiled and eaten with mayonnaise

Deep sea sole baked with lemon - the texture of this fish is unlike the normal Asian sole, its got more body and not easily broke up

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
greetings everyone!

just came back from a long trip. drove all over the place in Thailand. total milage - 2707km in 7days.

my wife and I drove from kanchanaburi to pak chong. from there to khao yai.

khao yai up to doi ang khang.then from there to chiang mai. then from chiang mai to fang, a place where it is famous for its oranges. finally from fang back to kanchanaburi.

have time will post lots of pics I took during this wonderful journey. but it was damn tiring...

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
greetings everyone!

just came back from a long trip. drove all over the place in Thailand. total milage - 2707km in 7days.

khao yai up to doi ang khang.then from there to chiang mai. then from chiang mai to fang, a place where it is famous for its oranges. finally from fang back to kanchanaburi.

have time will post lots of pics I took during this wonderful journey. but it was damn tiring...

Damn power..you can endure the tiredness and drive all around..solid!!!

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
greetings everyone!

It seems like you are driving and enjoying the scenery based on about 400 km a day, which is about 4 to 5 hours of driving a day.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
. . . .

. . . . .

Its nice to drive in Thailand isn't it? I find this type of trip relaxing actually . . . please post your pics

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes the haze was very bad..

When i go up wat doi suthep, which is high up in the mountains, the city view was so hazy. Cannot really see the city from the mountains. And it was only halfway on the mountain.

Everywhere we go (in chiang mai) we can see forest/plantation burning. Some are burning just next to the road...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Had a simple lunch with 2 colleagues at an open space stall

Tomyam chicken

Curry egg pork

Fluffy egg

Pork fry with garlic

All the above with 4 rice and 3 bottles of water is 360 baht $15 not bad ya?