• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
check this out at silom

7Timrcc.jpg

3R91j86.jpg

rlMrbmH.jpg

YAgoXxF.jpg

0EfgjUF.jpg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/O5QlFUFPsDg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1nHX2aK8OJY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZVU370SveNg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a few videos at the silom songkran i think it's the biggest street songkran in bkk

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9dea9hmQbI8" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7v_T5KXqfxM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/AI628-tDB2E" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/TleVhCqaVgs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/FPUTVTtK-z0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thought this was quite a good insight on political stalemate in Thailand. Minus a fully functioning govt last 4 months

Unravelling the political Gordian Knot Published: 16 Apr 2014 at 00.29
Thai politics is no longer the art of the possible. Thailand has been without a fully functioning government more than four months. Political unrest and legal maneuverings have intensified and complicated the conflict such that it now seems impossible to reach a viable solution.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/405140/unravelling-the-political-gordian-knot

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
checked out red skybar

Tseonuu.jpg

1qZPjvo.jpg

see the view from the top of the hotel

7lcZwGC.jpg

n1toSII.jpg

r4BqgDz.jpg

QFvqjgo.jpg

A few more shots on the lower floors

13914026125_0f36fe4119_o.jpg

13890909516_e7705db8df_o.jpg

Soi tanniya

13890914051_71aa54016d_o.jpg

Renaissance hotel it's a really good hotel

13914083683_ce7405f058_o.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did the touristy bit in Hua Hin over Easter

Quaint railway station

At restored old shophouses touristy area. Mock up of Mekong whiskey bar

Old trade

Last edited:

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
En route to H Hin, at Cha-Am. Great seafood, at beach front and cheaper than H Hin

Cottage style, at Sanjana 1500 only 3 min walk to night market. My verdict also good dunlopillo mattress :p

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Alamak YY I'm missing Thai food already, have to miss for another week, sigh.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Alamak YY I'm missing Thai food already, have to miss for another week, sigh.

Missing your favourite food for 1 wk is nothing. Try missing screwing for 1 mth. It happened to me when I was in Mozambique, Africa where Aids is like common cold. No amount of masturbation could satisfy the lust without a warm and moisturizing puss.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Missing your favourite food for 1 wk is nothing. Try missing screwing for 1 mth. It happened to me when I was in Mozambique, Africa where Aids is like common cold. No amount of masturbation could satisfy the lust without a warm and moisturizing puss.
Wow Mozambique seems like very exotic like Lion King scenario. Beautiful ya?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow Mozambique seems like very exotic like Lion King scenario. Beautiful ya?

A Portuguese colony they were better off than Spore in the 60's but declined after independence in 70's due to protracted civil wars.
One of the poorest in Africa where you can find people peddling second socks and underwear at US 1 a piece in the market and little kids selling plastic bags, similar to NTUC @ US0.20/pce.

Fresh seafood aplenty and one can get them cheaper than the socks at the beach in the morning.
No skyscraper mostly colonial style buildings and you'll be surprised to find many roads named after Chinese leaders like Mao Tse Tung, Chou En Lai...and many others. Now I am not sure how much they have progress.

They treat Chinese like how Sinkies treat Angmo. Chinese is their saviour in rebuilding the infrastructure after the civil wars ended in the 90's.
Nice place to visit if you have the patience waiting for the waiter to return with the ketchup he went out to purchase.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The hot weather is back. So hot have to water the plants twice/thrice a day depending on the type of plants. Bought Ice Cool Head & Shoulder, Ice Cool Protex Shower Gel and Ice Cool powder. Not much use, maybe feel cool for 5 mins after shower. After 5 mins, sweat again.