• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lunch now at a very baan-nok (kampong) stall near office. This type of place feels like home. Food also taste like home.

null-59.jpg

null-60.jpg

null-61.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
My lunch (45 baht)
null-62.jpg

Tomyam Het (mushroom)
null-63.jpg

This type of stall they normally have a big tray o vegetables free for customers with sauce nam-pik-kapi (chili balacan sauce)
null-64.jpg

Last edited:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
My lunch (45 baht)
null-62.jpg

This type of stall they normally have a big tray o vegetables free for customers with sauce nam-pik-kapi (chili balacan sauce)

Pee Jo, It curious me why Thai eggs(incl salted) are always near red all over the country. I hv no clue for this BUT yolk is very strong in flavor.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Pee Jo, It curious me why Thai eggs(incl salted) are always near red all over the country. I hv no clue for this BUT yolk is very strong in flavor.

Alamak this question I also clueless la. But the eggs here is very delicious.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The cave in phang nga containing the bones of some local governers 160 yrs ago.

20121113_150357.jpg

The reclining buddha

20121113_150122.jpg

feeding the monkeys

20121113_152722.jpg

20121113_152738.jpg

Some pad thai with some raw leaves to go with it!

20121114_122233.jpg

20121114_122226.jpg

Ate at this place

20121114_121645.jpg

20121114_121639.jpg

20121114_121634.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I noticed that they have lots of raw veggies in their dishes. Very different from say chinese dishes. Also did you see that coconut shell on my plate? Is that edible?

I think you're referring to that long brown fibrous thing on the left edge of your plate? That's fresh/raw banana flower. Yes you eat with PhadThai.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recent trip

Went to a Luk Thung concert near Khlong Tan (end of Petchburi). Thai Navy acting as bouncers. Why? I don't know - only in Thailand, I guess.

Roti, how to get info on open air concerts outside BKK? How was this Sanerd concert at B120 entrance? ....kop khun krap

These open air concerts are hotspot for fights. Need men with guns to take care of the potential troublemakers. Believe the concert is sponsored by the navy for some occasion.

Not advisable to go alone or without the locals. If die die must go, make sure you hang around near the exit, in case of pia chui.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Still rainning heavily. Relatives come at wrong time. Originally wanted to go walking but now stuck at hotel lobby.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flooding in jomtien this afternoon. All it takes is 30 mins of heavy rain. Was bringing relatives to visit new office.

20121119_125628.jpg

20121119_125636.jpg

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Arun Sawats! Was very tired (and frustrated) after spending whole day bringing relatives around town in such wet weather. Luckily, they will be going back this afternoon. Arranged with friend to send them back to BKK this afternoon. Will be meeting them for brekkie at the hotel in 15 mins time.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More importantly, jeng-hu-lang all Thais will respect and afraid. So no jee-siao-kia dare do any silly thing.

went Thailand during my police days. had lunch in a Thai temple with a off duty Thai police man as invited by the monk. he commented sg police like small kid.