• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
own business la, no choice, must see it succeed.
Also nearer to family, just a short +1 hour hop only. Indon's quite business friendly, but more chaotic in city main. You probably need a driver (can do other tasks, "job enlargement":p). Nothing like overseeing business with eyes (and ears) when startup.

Also, greasing the palm (as you probably know too) is endemic ..it's in their DNA

Last edited:

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks rotikosong for this info, I'm a sucker for Indian food. I hope to visit this place next week. Really thanks so much.

You can look up the directions on Google maps. India Emporium is the locus - it's on Thanon Chakpet.
You either get here by crossing Saphan Phut or drive along Yaowarat road (it's one-way) until nearly the end - you will see Thanon Chakkrawat. Turn left and take it all the way - it sort of u-turns and becomes Thanon Chakpet.

This place very ethnic - seems like even Thais don't go there. Everyone seems like fresh off the boat from India - they speak Thai with an accent.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Could not find toner for my fuji xerox laser printer. Lesson learn, next time don't buy fuji xerox. Should have stick to brother brand.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hehehe. You health freak again.:smile: Think must be due to your healthy food posting that I switch to wholemeal bread 2 days ago. But it's not Aroi at all. :(
BTW, what type of oil you are using for your cooking?

Hehe really? Good lah, I just read the Chinese papers a few days ago some doc said the cheapest and most effective treatment for fatty liver is healthy diet and appropriate exercise..

"陈医生说,健康的饮食习惯和适当的运动是脂肪肝最便宜、最有效的治疗方法。只有在饮食和运动治疗无法改善病人的情况时医生才会考虑药物治疗。"
http://www.zaobao.com/fk/fk120527_013.shtml

oh i am using rice bran oil, what about it?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last HR piece..

Vacation in Pattaya
d7e8dfa8.jpg

Hehe funny and familiar faces indeed, here is a similar one taken from some Facebook posting:

67356cba.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Also nearer to family, just a short +1 hour hop only. Indon's quite business friendly, but more chaotic in city main. You probably need a driver (can do other tasks, "job enlargement":p). Nothing like overseeing business with eyes (and ears) when startup.

Also, greasing the palm (as you probably know too) is endemic ..it's in their DNA

I think I will do my own driving cos I don't like drivers leh. Let's see.

I wish you quick success and a prosperous business ahead. Take care and feel a lot of satisfactions in everything you do.

Thank you rusty, I really need it cos I plan to expand fast there into 3 major cities in a year. Hmmmm got to work hard.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
You can look up the directions on Google maps. India Emporium is the locus - it's on Thanon Chakpet.
You either get here by crossing Saphan Phut or drive along Yaowarat road (it's one-way) until nearly the end - you will see Thanon Chakkrawat. Turn left and take it all the way - it sort of u-turns and becomes Thanon Chakpet.

This place very ethnic - seems like even Thais don't go there. Everyone seems like fresh off the boat from India - they speak Thai with an accent.

Thanks buddy, looking forward to it next week.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I switch to wholemeal bread 2 days ago. But it's not Aroi at all. :(
Straight wholemeal may taste alien, if you are used to soft white (gummy) stuff. Try multi grain, even rye bread from bakery ..goes well with kopi, delicious and more healthy. Regular soft white bread from super is too much shortening and ..fluff.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro you should have posted the pt on google map for him. I already posted it.

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplac...oid=UUL--KM9We7a0nDDp73SGA&cbp=12,310.06,,0,0

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sawasdee krup everyone. Today will be off to Hua Hin in a resort for 3 days 2 nights.

Bro you should have posted the pt on google map for him. I already posted it.

https://maps.google.com/maps/myplac...oid=UUL--KM9We7a0nDDp73SGA&cbp=12,310.06,,0,0

Thank you so much Jah. I really like Indian food. Whenever I travel to Sri Lanka I will always bring back a luggage of spices and Pakistani rice home for cooking. Guess with such a place in Bangkok I will have no need to buy from oversea.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hehehe. You health freak again.:smile: Think must be due to your healthy food posting that I switch to wholemeal bread 2 days ago. But it's not Aroi at all. :(
BTW, what type of oil you are using for your cooking?
good for you bro.......you will soon find its much much healthier........first thing you will notice is that you will shit better......

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sawasdee krup everyone. Today will be off to Hua Hin in a resort for 3 days 2 nights.

Thank you so much Jah. I really like Indian food. Whenever I travel to Sri Lanka I will always bring back a luggage of spices and Pakistani rice home for cooking. Guess with such a place in Bangkok I will have no need to buy from oversea.

Bro do you eat roti prata laced with shit or not? You only like indian food but not indian gals.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro do you eat roti prata laced with shit or not? You only like indian food but not indian gals.

I try not to think about the shit part la tambi. Nope not Indian girls. However I do like tan or darker skin gals like those from Isaan. Never like fair ones.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
today on leave, family day.

last 2 weeks fought fire lah, today taking 5. :biggrin:

Good for you bro. Last time back was at Wine Company on a Sunday afternoon, didn't bother to call you cos I know its family day.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Good for you bro. Last time back was at Wine Company on a Sunday afternoon, didn't bother to call you cos I know its family day.

I know, next time can jio.

Now got helper, can still come out for a couple of hours.

Have fun at Hua Hin.:biggrin: