• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Juicy slice of thai mango, of actress/model whose merc smashed into a police car and killed cop last fri. Looks like a nose job too :wink:

Enquiry into police who handles actress' fatal police car smash

The Nation June 30, 2015 1:00 am

actress 30.6.JPG

Bangkok Police set up a committee to probe the Prawet police station's case investigator for allegedly allowing actress and model Anna Hamblaouris to leave the crash scene on Friday morning, in which a policeman was killed.

The committee was expected to complete the probe and report to the city police chief in 30 days.

The model's Mercedes Benz slammed into the parked police car on a Bangkok road at around 3am last Friday and killed Pol Sub-Lieutenant Napadol Wongbunndit, 44, who was asleep inside the vehicle.

Pol Colonel Uthit Chantharangsi of Prawet police station said that superintendent Pol Colonel Metha Jiamkraisri had assigned him to lead the committee to probe suspicions raised by the public. The city police were determined to clarify: why the woman wasn't apprehended after the crash; why she didn't undergo an alcohol test after the crash; and why police reportedly let her go home afterwards, he said. The result would be submitted to the city police head office in 30 days, he added.

------------------------------
Speeding car kills sleeping policeman

Khanathit Srihirandej,
Supachai Phettewee
The Nation June 27, 2015 1:00 am

28 year-old model faces charges over causing death through reckless driving and escaping arrest

THAI-ENGLISH actress and model Anna Hamblaouris, 28, faces two charges after her Mercedes Benz slammed into a police car and killed a police officer early yesterday.

Pol Sub Lieutenant Napadol Wongbunndit, 44, died while asleep inside his police car parked on a Bangkok road.

A Suphan Buri-based, Napadol had contacted his wife earlier to say he had lost his way and was going to take a nap in the car before heading home. He was in the capital to run some errands.

The accident occurred at about 3am on the inbound motorway in Bangkok's Prawet district. The actress, who is better known as Anna Reese, sustained minor injuries and now faces charges of reckless driving causing death and escaping arrest.

The police who did not immediately arrest Anna at the scene - allowing her to leave with relatives - will face investigation, Prawet Police Station superintendent Pol Colonel Metha Jeamkraisri said.

Witnesses said the actress was crying uncontrollably, clinging to Napadol's body and yelling: "I am not fleeing. I will take responsibility."

Pol Major Somchai Saraket of Prawet Police, who rushed to the scene, said Anna had looked so shocked she could not give testimony at that time and her relatives had showed up and asked permission for her to testify later.

Later in the day, Anna cooperated with police to undergo tests to determine if she was on drugs or alcohol. Tests showed no signs of drug abuse, but it will take about a week to determine if she had consumed alcohol.

After calming down, she explained to police that she had gone out in the wee hours because she was hungry. "I think my car might have been going at a speed of over 100km per hour when a motorcycle cut in front. I tried to avoid the motorcycle, but ended up running into another car instead," she said.

Tassapong Phonpho, a security guard working at a showroom near the scene of the crash, provided matching information.

He said he saw a Benz and a big bike moving on the road at high speed before he heard the bike slow down and then a big bang. He added that he rushed out after hearing the big crash and only found two cars on the road. There was no sign of the bike.

Anna said she was very sad about the incident and was ready to compensate the victim's family. She also said she was planning to go on a religious retreat and make merit for the victim. She has been granted temporary release.

The late police officer's widow, Chantana Wongbundit, 42, said she could not cope with her husband's sudden death. "I'd only just spoken to him," she said, describing her husband as a very good man, who was well loved by his colleagues and supervisor.

Napadol is survived by his wife and two daughters aged eight and 11.

"I would like to urge motorists to drive carefully, or else you might deprive other people of their beloved ones," Chantana said.

car.jpg

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HV chicken cutlet

19300889925_3c07e9000a_b.jpg

funan centre curry chicken

19114777949_7baf44d283_b.jpg

Lao pasat beef noodles

18680334863_ed1b1b3a5d_b.jpg

Lao Pasat fish and chips

19114789149_72d0349f10_b.jpg

newton circus tar mee fish ball noodles

19114801719_8c485dcb38_b.jpg

Marina Square curry chicken

18678419824_21b7e71954_b.jpg

Singapore Expo Beef noodles

18680356473_40cd1be995_b.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A poker slice of thai mango today :p

BT4-MILLION DEBT
Conflict over betting debt possible motive in killing of night-club tycoon

FORMER night-entertainment tycoon Somyot Suthangkool was shot dead late Monday evening in a motive police said stemmed from a Bt4-million gambling debt four poker players owed him

The controversial Somyot was the former owner of the once-well-known Rama IX Cafe.

30263473-01_big.jpg30263473-02_big.JPG

Police are looking at three other motives behind the crime: His line of work as the owner of a lawyer's office; a Bt25-million debt collection that he was handling; and conflict over the purchase of a plot of land on which Rama IX Cafe was located. Police found these clues from Somyot's personal notebook, which is being analysed by the investigators.

A police source said that Somyot, 62, had received a death treat from one of the four players, after Somyot found out that they were cheating him in a game. He demanded that they return Bt4 million to him or in return give him a land ownership document worth close to Bt4 million. The source said that Somyot had allegedly threatened to harm all the four.

The police source revealed that Somyot allegedly had one of the four - a man referred to as L - abducted. L reportedly went missing late last week, after he met with a former military officer allegedly hired by Somyot. In reaction, another person from the four - a woman referred to as K - allegedly demanded that Somyot release L, or she would have him killed, the source explained.

The poker game involved two other players - R and P, a woman and a man - and was played in the Pathum Thani home of one of the four. Somyot realised later that the four had allegedly set up the game to conspire to beat him, and got around Bt4 million from him.

Police yesterday apprehended K, 48, for questioning. She reportedly told police that she had known Somyot for more than 20 years. She told the police that she had recently given L - her common-law husband - Bt1 million, to spend on gambling and he had lost it all. The amount was reportedly given to her by Somyot for use in legal lobbying work,

K told police that she had later confessed to Somyot about giving Bt1 million to L, and that the poker game was set up to rip him off. She said Somyot was furious and ordered her to return to him Bt4 million and another amount totalling Bt28 million. After L refused to give Somyot any money, Somyot allegedly threatened to abduct him and L reportedly went missing around June 26-27.

According to another hearsay account, another police source said that R was overheard threatening to kill Somyot after Somyot had threatened to harm the four, before L went missing.

Police have obtained a sketch of the gunman, a man reportedly around 175 centimetres tall, seen by witnesses at a shark-fin soup shop in the Phatthanakarn area. When questioned, the guman said he was waiting for his boss.

Somyot's wife, Rassamee, revealed that Somyot kept his notebook with himself all the time. She said she was in the driver's seat, waiting for him in her car outside the shark fin shop, when she heard three gunshots, and saw Somyot collapse. One bullet hit him in the head and another in the left shoulder. Somyot's daughter Natthida said her father had recently told her to retrieve a large number of personal belongings from several locations, which she had forgotten. She said she was not aware of him having any enemy and Somyot usually travelled alone and did not carry a handgun.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nat...ng-debt-possible-motive-in-kill-30263473.html

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went dinner with the lawyer and was brought to this little lobster restaurant, I think could take less than 20 guests.

Run by two angmoh, very cosy place.

Champagne and oysters to start with

and some lollipop prawns

The dinner

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lobsters from Canada, smoked for me

and grilled for her

close up

A good restaurant, all cooked to perfection highly recommended when you come Bangkok. Also it's very reasonably priced. After two bottles and all these seafood have to say it's a pretty romantic and enjoyable evening.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I gather you don't like western food. It's not chicken cutlet but chicken chop.

I rarely eat "Chinese" food at home (I have been a resident of Toronto for about 30 years).
It all depends what is the definition of "Western food"
Pardon me that I am unable to distinguish chicken cutlet from chicken chop.
Enjoy your day.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
One thing good about Singapore at this time after a few drinks you still can get pretty good noodle

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Siam reap at holland village

Single malt whiskey Yamazaki

19143305019_2d04f416a7_b.jpg

mozerella sticks with seasame seeds

19333414031_0eb9f02beb_b.jpg

vietnamese soft shell crab was delicious

19323397562_b8bc095772_b.jpg

normal chicken wings along with some special thai chilli sauce not pictured

18706930304_a00b288fe9_b.jpg

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Satirical opinion piece of hoohah over US invite 4 July for "anti-Taksin" name calling :p

STOPPAGE TIME
America apologises - for doing the right thing

Tulsathit Taptim
The Nation July 1, 2015 1:00 am

If you've been doing cartwheels or rolling on the floor laughing at the US embassy's "anti-Thaksin" slip, stop and think. There are two ways to look at it: The Americans have either been embarrassed, or they are cleverly using the incident to shame Thailand even more.

I really don't have a problem with the embassy officially calling one of its Fourth of July party invitees an "anti-Thaksin activist". It's the subsequent "apology" that has been bothering me.

Okay, you don't like Thaksin Shinawatra. Big deal. I mean, that's a really, really big deal. You should be proud about it, right? You have taken a stand and, right or wrong - it's not something you should hide. The guy who received the invitation card identifying him as an "anti-Thaksin activist" should have run out of his home like a madman and waved it like a lottery ticket that's won first prize. What happened instead? Anti-Thaksin people cried foul and the US charge d'affaires apologised.

Mind you, the invitation gaffe was a Freudian slip, but the apology was a genuine insult, to me at least. It's America's unequivocal statement that being "anti-Thaksin" is bad. Simply put, would the acting ambassador have to personally apologise if an invitee was wrongly categorised as a "professor" or "political expert" or "CEO"?

You apologise when you accidentally describe your guest as an "alcoholic", a "womaniser" or a "sugar daddy". That the envoy had to personally seek forgiveness from Pramote Nakornthab automatically placed Pramote in an unpleasant category. Basically, the ambassador was saying to Pramote, "Sorry we gave you a bad name."

The only sensible apology in Pramote's case is nowhere near being offered. The embassy "classifies" Thais and, worse still, it uses Thaksin as a barometer. Thais, in the embassy's eyes, are either pro- or anti-Thaksin, and that's it. The situation, however, is a lot more complicated than that. There are people who love democracy but think Thaksin endangers it. There are probably pro-Thaksin people with dictatorial tendencies, too.

It's very complex, but the embassy made its own judgement about what's bad and good or right and wrong in this country. The classification somehow must have made its way to the computer and the rest is history. The clerk or junior official responsible for sending that invitation to Pramote was just a downstream product of the embassy's ideological cultivation that is dubious at best or misguided at worst.

But enough of that already. Many Thais, me included, have warned Washington that Thailand's problem is not about a small bunch of people trying to control or abuse the majority. It's a national strife with the country divided almost down the middle. If the United States wants to take sides, it does so at its own great risk.

What has happened is just a glimpse of what's in store for the United States. The incident drew cynical chuckles, but it also has added another straw to the collective Thai back. The so-called apology speaks volumes, and not in a good way.

"To err is human," said American envoy Patrick Murphy on Twitter, using a "humble pie" hashtag. The American embassy has apologised in both a serious and a cheeky manner. Murphy personally presented Pramote with what was called a "proper" invitation card. I saw their photo and wonder why the "activist" looked rather grim and the diplomat looked a bit proud.

"To forgive is divine" is perhaps what the envoy wanted "anti-Thaksin" Thais to add to his Twitter message. Well, the full sentence - To err is human; to forgive is divine - leaves no doubt as to which act is harder.

To me, calling Pramote an "anti-Thaksin activist" on an invitation card is not a mistake. Undiplomatic it might be, but never was it a mistake. Making a mistake is when you intend one thing and do something else. A mistake is when your action contradicts your intent. A mistake is when you call John Kerry "Mr President" instead of Secretary of State. Pramote must have been regarded as "anti-Thaksin" by the embassy's people, and somehow their perception of him became public, and that's that.

The invitation card was nobody's mistake. It's not Pramote's fault if he's anti-Thaksin. It wasn't the embassy's fault to say so on the card. Why does the embassy have to apologise for calling a man what he is, quite correctly?

So what "erring" was the American envoy referring to? He needs to educate me on that one.

Related news: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Pramotes-embarrassment-a-lesson-for-US-embassy-30263325.html

Pillow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks froggy. Will go try tonight.

By the way, love yr cheese lobster pic in Bangkok.. Where is the restaurant? Is it exp?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Isnt that moo daeng? Moo Korb is Siew Yok

Hi hi. Sorry I should have corrected from the onset. I believe melzp was referring to those generous serving of deep fried lard. You are right charsiew in Thai is known as moo-daeng literally pork-red in the same sequence while moo-korb (which literally means pork-crispy) is siew-yok. Lard would have been moo-mun-thod literally pig-fat-deepfried. Thanks for pointing it out buddy.