• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Look at what they found in one apartment in ramkhampeng.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/PTnqVEMGFKE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Joe do you have any recommendations for a top of the range hotel in Krabi ?...

SG friends recommended this one

http://sg.hotels.com/hotel/details....4.HDSSDeE.B.kwrd=TAIDU8jV7gokG14AAGj8uSkAAAAL

Most important... must have good WiFi in the rooms so I can continue running the forum while on holiday.

I have to admit I've not been to Krabi so I have no information on the place nor the hotels there however I read the Tripadvisor review and it seem to be good. Out of curiosity I called this resort Ban Sainai and checked on their wifi they told me they have wifi signal throughout the resort not just the rooms and reception area and that its high speed with strong signal throughout. Happy holiday Leongsam.

rotikosong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Out of curiosity I called this resort Ban Sainai and checked on their wifi they told me they have wifi signal throughout the resort not just the rooms and reception area and that its high speed with strong signal throughout. Happy holiday Leongsam.

As a backup bring along a mobile hotspot, modem dongle or a phone that functions as a hotspot. You can buy SIMs at any 7-11 that are provisioned for data for 300B or less for a week and get roughly 4-5Mbps down (in a city area, not sure about Krabi). The one thing that I've learned is never take what a hotel says at face value especially with wifi.

The Thai culture is one that wants to please and they would never say anything outright that something is negative.

More likely than not, based on the photos alone, this is a nice hotel and nice hotels usually have fast internet.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I have to admit I've not been to Krabi so I have no information on the place nor the hotels there however I read the Tripadvisor review and it seem to be good. Out of curiosity I called this resort Ban Sainai and checked on their wifi they told me they have wifi signal throughout the resort not just the rooms and reception area and that its high speed with strong signal throughout. Happy holiday Leongsam.

Thanks very much for your help. Will do a trip report when I return. :wink:

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh that one is egg la. This stall in Tanglin Halt blk 49 coffeeshop is very good, they do it old school way not those crispy type I don't like.

Bro is it the same stall that sell curry chicken, mutton rice at noon? Long q always? :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Saw this chiobu waiting for her vegetarian beehoon at block 46-1 coffeeshop. Nice t-shirt ya?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
More likely than not, based on the photos alone, this is a nice hotel and nice hotels usually have fast internet.

Yeah I'll be getting a SIM card anyway so if the WiFi in the hotel isn't up to scratch, I'll revert to 3G or whatever spectrum operates there.