• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What a glorious sunrise this morning

iPhone camera is not doing justice to the real scene

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...I will do doing something crazy. will be driving from Bangkok to changmai for the first time next week. trying to catch the flower show in CM. anyone can recommend me what is a good place to visit (not stopover as I plan to complete the drive in 1 day) along the route?
Don't think it's crazy, many tanchart (foreigners) have been there and done it. Personally, I've been meaning to do this myself but for time (and other :p) constraints. If you are now en-route, pls do share with us on your road trip experience.

From my mini "research", straight drive takes 7-8hrs. Think possible stops are Nakhon Sawan (slight diversion), Sukhothai and even Lampang (100kms away from CNX). Before Lampang, a good stopover at elephant sanctuary after khun tan forest area. Not your usual elephant sight seeing joint, but here they do look after elephants and worthwhile drop by.

http://www.thaizer.com/tourist-attr...-conservation-centre-lampang-near-chiang-mai/

http://www.tripadvisor.com.sg/Attra...ervation_Center-Lampang_Lampang_Province.html

And here's a tongue in cheek on driving north -but holds some truths

Re: Bangkok to Chiang Mai driving
22 June 2012, 4:02
First thing is to go to a good eye hospital in Bangkok and get some implants, you'll need 3 sets, one on each side and one set at the back, then it's off to a local wat to get the car blessed , load up the rear view mirror with protection amulets and glue a statue of your favorite monk to the dashboard.

Rent a car with tinted windows so that casual compensation seekers cant see your farang.
When driving remember that there is an invisible third lane that runs down the center of the road, anyone can use this. If you find yourself on bendy roads like the ones you'll encounter up north, stay away from the center line as they will be overtaking on your side of the road coming from the opposite direction. Buses, lorries ... They all do it , at speed ... So stay away from that invisible third lane on bendy roads and blind hills.

If you find yourself at the front of the line at traffic lights , when they turn green ... DO NOT HIT THE GAS HARD ... You risk being hit by idiots jumping the lights at 120kph ... Watch out.

If you come up behind a truck , like a Hino belching smoke and crawling along , they may notice you if they are not too high on yabba, sometimes they will indicate left to ket you know it is safe to overtake ... IN THEIR OPiNION ... Check it out , if they indicate right, that means it is not safe , seeing a right indicator is rare though. Keep a distance from buses and coaches as they're suicidal and on yabba most of the time and don't care much about passengers or you .... Might is right

If you're in an accident then be prepared to pay up even if it's not your fault , just keep calm , negotiate if you can , pay up and go. You'll always be to blame , even parked with the engine off in tesco lotus car park ... It's your fault !
Hope this helps

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
New minted thb100 notes

bht2.jpg

thbnew.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Huat Ah Pii Spotter. May 2015 bring you more 发财,发发发!Waaaaaa you 拜天公 very elaborate sial.

Sammy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You put meat to pray.. kill an animal to pray..how can that be lucky? And you burn those paper to create air pollution? you celebrate your chink new year by polluting the air and kill animal.. ?

PU BOR YAO SIU KIA.
Go Give Dog Fuck :oIo: