• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Get your Steve Jobs figurine before it gets banned again!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Last edited:

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watch at 1:30 on the quality of the sculpt.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fwG4KidmW5Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Ultra-realistic' Steve Jobs action figure pulled from market over 'immense pressure' from Apple lawyers
Last updated at 6:04 AM on 17th January 2012

The company that began advertising for an incredibly lifelike Steve Jobs doll won't sell the figurines after all because of pressure from family and Apple lawyers.
Chinese firm In Icons had planned to offer the one-foot-tall, lifelike figure dressed in Jobs' trademark black mock turtleneck, rimless glasses and jeans.
But the company posted a statement on its website on Sunday saying it had received 'immense pressure' to drop the plan and made the decision out of 'heartfelt sensitivity to the feelings of the Jobs family'.
The San Jose Mercury News first reported the news.

The iconic Apple co-founder died October 5 of complications from pancreatic cancer.
The company website marketed the Jobs figurine using various Jobs quotes - including several relating to mortality such as 'Remembering I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered'.

The 'collectible figure' was modelled on a 1:6 scale and came with two Apple logos - a risky move that undoubetdly made In Icons model even more vulnerable to legal action.
The company had intended to start shipping the doll, which sold for $109.99, in February.

But their decision to pull the figurine followed a reported threat of litigation from Apple.

The report, in The Telegraph, did not list a source, but is reasonably credible as Apple has a long history of legal action against model-makers for alleged copyright infringement.
In the past, the company has been quick to take legal action against Steve Jobs models such as one featuring the Apple guru as a ninja - poking fun at Steve Jobs alleged attempt to take souvenir ninja 'shuriken' throwing stars on a plane.
Apple's lawyers said, 'Mr Jobs has not consented to the use of his name and/or image in the Product.'
In Icon boss Tandy Cheung had previously firmly refused to stop trading, saying, according to the newspaper: 'Apple can do anything they like. I will not stop.'
Cheung said then he had not taken any legal advice and that Jobs was not subject to the rules around likenesses of screen stars, 'Steve Jobs is not an actor, he’s just a celebrity… There is no copyright protection for a normal person. Steve Jobs is not a product… so I don’t think Apple has the copyright of him.'
In Icons has not released sales figures.
The company says any money received for pre-orders will be returned.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
article-0-0F53325300000578-205_468x772.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
growth men who buy steve jobs figurine, you are gay right? I cant think any straight men doing that.

By your reasoning, guys who buy Warhammer figurines are gay as well, and they probably crave getting sodomized by a large Orcish cock. Absurd logic, to say the least.

Maybe they're just Apple/Steve Jobs' fans.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chinese helicoptered spinster in mint condition is no stranger to absurd logic.

@laksaboy, by any chance do you know where to get citadel paints in sg now:confused:

By your reasoning, guys who buy Warhammer figurines are gay as well, and they probably crave getting sodomized by a large Orcish cock. Absurd logic, to say the least.

Last edited:

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you dun know him, so your guess is as good as mine. I am steve jobs fans too, but i will probably not buy his figurine, unless just a quick sale to make a profit. Sexy lady figurine yes, male figurine probably never. Unless it is an action figure, that is difference, a warrior, a soldier etc, not steve jobs holding an iphone.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This seems to use the same technique as the Japanese 1s. Computing modeling based on photographs. But the body provided is shit compared to the bandai 1s.

If you visit Funan, there's a store selling miniature anime figures. They are just next to the "Japanese maid cafe". They've been around for 2+ years. I'm actually surprised that they are still around because rental in Funan is not cheap