• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 9 (Bernama) -- Iskandar Investment Bhd (IIB) has denied any links with PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol and Six Flags Entertainment Corp with regards to the establishment of the third theme park in Iskandar Malaysia.

There is to date no association, formally or otherwise, between IIB and the American company, Six Flags Entertainment Corp and the Indonesian theme park developer, PT Pembangunan Jaya Ancol, with regards to the third theme park, it said, clarifying a story by Bernama yesterday.

What a big let down.

leewang

Watch out for those fake luck draw..

They have been there for quite some times, papers in sg, msia both published their existence and all the con jobs/tricks, yet they can maintained there, signaling that alot of ppl are still ignorant of their tricks and they do have strong background... saw the news 1-2 weeks ago that a young man walking pass was approached by one of these ppl, knowing it was a con job, he asked them not to cheat anymore and he was beaten up...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
There seems to be quite a lot of banks and shops there, except for the lack of a shopping mall. I'm thinking future MRT (>10 years?) and developments could have a positive impact on Taman Molek as it has landed properties near the causeway. Not sure whether to go ahead to book a unit although price has increased. Please let me know of any bad points. Thanks.

Hi there, I think it depends on what type of housing you are considering and the price as well. Having hung out at Taman Molek on weekends for 6 years now, these are my biased observations that you should take with a pinch of salt:-

Pros:
1. Near to 1st link (10-15 mins drive from JB chk pt),
2. Convenience to groceries (Carrefour, Jusco Tebrau, Giant Plentong within 3-8 mins drive) and wet market (Molek & Johor Jaya)
3. Better road linkages, and thus less jammed compared to areas like Mt Austin & Sutera Utama

Cons:
1. Prices tend to be on high side, though still lower than Horizon Hills, East Ledang etc
2. Lesser upside for development potential (mature estate) compared to Nusajaya (non-mature estate) (think toa payoh town vs Potong Pasir)
3. Far from 2nd link, hence less options when travelling to/from SG compared to say Bukit Indah/Horizon Hills.

leewang

The gis looking for alternative, eg. BRT (bus with dedicated lane on Jln Tebrau, reported to be built in next 1-2 yrs) of MRT due to the high cost required for MRT and low population density.

On Tmn Molek, there was a plan announced together with Permas 2nd bridge years ago to build a bridge from Bayu Puteri to Ponderosa, reducing the distance significantly. However, it was nvr realized til now when the Permas 2nd bridge is completed. Nonetheless, it is still a potential upside to look for.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The gis looking for alternative, eg. BRT (bus with dedicated lane on Jln Tebrau, reported to be built in next 1-2 yrs) of MRT due to the high cost required for MRT and low population density.

On Tmn Molek, there was a plan announced together with Permas 2nd bridge years ago to build a bridge from Bayu Puteri to Ponderosa, reducing the distance significantly. However, it was nvr realized til now when the Permas 2nd bridge is completed. Nonetheless, it is still a potential upside to look for.

Yes, I noted the planned bridge in the developer's masterplan. I am looking at Molek from the perspective of proximity to 1st link, up-market shops and banks, dwindling supply of land, Japanese retirees' presence in future Pines 3 & 4, and future MRT bringing more visitors from Singapore. Not really too sure if these are sound basis for buying into G&G landed there.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, I noted the planned bridge in the developer's masterplan. I am looking at Molek from the perspective of proximity to 1st link, up-market shops and banks, dwindling supply of land, Japanese retirees' presence in future Pines 3 & 4, and future MRT bringing more visitors from Singapore. Not really too sure if these are sound basis for buying into G&G landed there.

Yes, there are other factors that may potentially create upside for Molek, but I decide to stick only to the known points to avoid controversy. Haha.... I feel it really depends on the price you have been quoted for your G&G landed, be it Molek Haven or Ponderosa Villa/Green.

If money is not an issue, for 1st link areas, I would go for Ponderosa Villa or Straits View Residence. I am not really a fan of Pletitude or Ehsan Jaya. Btw Sunway launching semi-d & bungalows soon also....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, there are other factors that may potentially create upside for Molek, but I decide to stick only to the known points to avoid controversy. Haha.... I feel it really depends on the price you have been quoted for your G&G landed, be it Molek Haven or Ponderosa Villa/Green.

If money is not an issue, for 1st link areas, I would go for Ponderosa Villa or Straits View Residence. I am not really a fan of Pletitude or Ehsan Jaya. Btw Sunway launching semi-d & bungalows soon also....

I was quoted around $800k RM for Molek Haven intermediate. Villa sounds expensive...

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was quoted around $800k RM for Molek Haven intermediate. Villa sounds expensive...

That's ex leh. I think there are some subsale units in phase 1 that may go for between $650-$700K. CF in this mth, and you get a new house immediately. Might as well wait and see if there's any subsale action through iproperty.com.my.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's ex leh. I think there are some subsale units in phase 1 that may go for between $650-$700K. CF in this mth, and you get a new house immediately. Might as well wait and see if there's any subsale action through iproperty.com.my.

Subsale is asking for $750k, must pay all e levies n commission pls hassle, might as well get from developer. Bumi lot too.