• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

xixxix

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just last week when Tan Sri Liew of Ecoworld was giving an interview he told everyone "Once the market turn bad, make sure your investment is first in line to be sold". It is all about niches and having the best location within a location. Wise words.
When things get too crowded and with poor infrastructure in place, it makes all the sense to invest elsewhere.

The worry of oversupply is definitely felt by the developers too. However, I thought the Capitaland project is already launched?

Naturebest

Just last week when Tan Sri Liew of Ecoworld was giving an interview he told everyone "Once the market turn bad, make sure your investment is first in line to be sold". It is all about niches and having the best location within a location. Wise words.
When things get too crowded and with poor infrastructure in place, it makes all the sense to invest elsewhere.

I will move in next month for my weekend home in JB. I need rest n space which cannot find in Sg.

terencetan1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm... As i have learnt from my architect friend in Malaysia, once you have the building plans approved you need to get TOP within 36mths. My thought is CapLand might want to keep delaying their residential component approval for a few years first considering entering the market now is as good as jumping to quick sand? I would still hope CapMall could come in early and set the standard.

The delay is not good news, in fact its BAD NEWS!
Perhaps some people are already getting cold feet with the current massive invasion by the Chinese developers.
And it takes unusually long to get the project off the ground despite being a "high-brand project with high-brand names".
R&F Princess Cove just took only several months from land sales to project approval to site piling to launching of project.
Seems like the project launching may be held back to next year or worse, delay indefinitely.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will move in next month for my weekend home in JB. I need rest n space which cannot find in Sg.

You are quite right. I had the chance to be on the ground the past 2 days strolling around HDB neighbourhoods in Toa Payoh and Jurong West and I was dumbfounded at the amount of foreigners and lack of clean air in our land.

I also visited a few potential condos for sale in Oceanfront and parts of Sentosa, Reflection etc all 99 year lease which are all asking from RM 6,000psf to RM 10,000psf in this super dull property market.

Our RM 1000+ psf sea view freeholds in Iskandar Malaysia is indeed a steal for own stay. Same stunning view, freehold, much less dense and price is 25% of that in Singapore. Even mobile reception both can use Singtel and Starhub with full network.

Lets hope time pass by fast.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are quite right. I had the chance to be on the ground the past 2 days strolling around HDB neighbourhoods in Toa Payoh and Jurong West and I was dumbfounded at the amount of foreigners and lack of clean air in our land.

I also visited a few potential condos for sale in Oceanfront and parts of Sentosa, Reflection etc all 99 year lease which are all asking from RM 6,000psf to RM 10,000psf in this super dull property market.

Our RM 1000+ psf sea view freeholds in Iskandar Malaysia is indeed a steal for own stay. Same stunning view, freehold, much less dense and price is 25% of that in Singapore. Even mobile reception both can use Singtel and Starhub with full network.

U also pay for e environment right? Security n amenities are on opposite scale. You pay for what you get. JB is considered dirt cheap as long as one places the two key factors as lower priorities.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Half e psf..:biggrin: (river + straits)

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont think JB security is so bad that you will get car-jacked everytime you go in so I wont put it at "opposite scale" even though I would have to agree that the security is still not on par with Singapore.

Not that Singapore security level is improving ( *ahem* ) as our taxi drivers live in fear when choosing customers at night. Every other day I read of cabbies kena beaten up and girls being molested in trains and void decks etc

U also pay for e environment right? Security n amenities are on opposite scale. You pay for what you get. JB is considered dirt cheap as long as one places the two key factors as lower priorities.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be honest, it's quite silly to compare Reflections/Corals etc with Puteri Harbour. I just came back from a visit to Kallang Wave (Sportshub) this afternoon, and sad to say, the difference between Tanjong Rhu & Puteri Harbour is really stark, both in terms of environment & the price.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the authorities conceived the PH as the Heart of Nusajaya, it was never intended to be a Tanjong Ulu, I mean Rhu. The only place in Singapore which can rival the standards of PH will only be Keppel Bay or Sentosa Cove but alas, its leasehold and heavenly overpriced by a huge margin

To be honest, it's quite silly to compare Reflections/Corals etc with Puteri Harbour. I just came back from a visit to Kallang Wave (Sportshub) this afternoon, and sad to say, the difference between Tanjong Rhu & Puteri Harbour is really stark, both in terms of environment & the price.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Singapore security is not so good now too, with a 5+ mill pop.

See all those POLICE CRIME signs put up at HDB estates about vehicle theft, molest? The influx of foreigners are making Singapore 'more and more like" Malaysia.

And train and bus groping in Singapore are on the rise. So how safe are our ladies in Singapore actually?

So I would say, as long as one is careful in Malaysia, living in high security condos, travel in tight groups at night, don't go to questionable places, its pretty safe. And course, ladies don't wear short tight skirt walking alone on a Malaysian street at night, that's tempting and luring wolves straight to you. Even in SG, if you do that in a dark place, you could get possibly molested.

Ever consider the possibility of some people trying scaremongering people not to buy Malaysian properties? We never know.

I dont think JB security is so bad that you will get car-jacked everytime you go in so I wont put it at "opposite scale" even though I would have to agree that the security is still not on par with Singapore.

Not that Singapore security level is improving ( *ahem* ) as our taxi drivers live in fear when choosing customers at night. Every other day I read of cabbies kena beaten up and girls being molested in trains and void decks etc

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi FHB,

Can share withs the name and status of the project?

I would like to take a look.

Thank you.

There is a small condo project near e new bus interchange n mall at 2nd link. The new factories will be nearby. Only ard $500 RM psf or $4xxk RM for a 2-bedder. Seems quite good. Nearly fully sold. Once levy n toll go up, properties near these nodes will appreciate in price.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW In the classic game SimCity, factories/industrial areas depress the land values..residential units near factories/industrial areas can't appreciate in price well.

I just don't feel very good to be near factories as there may be suspicious characters lurking in the neighbourhood. Add to that are pollutant, fire or riot hazards.

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Isn't RM500 psf a good price for KSL@Daya?

Should take if offered right?

Just be cautious, JB is full of flippers or 黄牛党。
Already now in the resale market, you can see many offers @ PSF of about RM500 for KSL@ Daya.
If these flippers are willing to make such a small margin to let go, think twice!

freedom2005sg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry guys,

there are over 300+ threads in this post. And I don't have time to go through all.

Can someone point me to a place where I can get a detailed data on

-Condos that are still available to foreigners at RM500,000 range (before the new RM1 mill law)
- Locations
- Looking at Studio units (500 to 700 sq ft)
- 500 - 700 psf

Please let me know.

Thanks.