• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone going for d'Residences @ Medini? Thoughts?

I am thinking about d'Residences. Huttons is having a talk at their office today, I plan to attend. If any of you are interested you may ask any Huttons agent to invite you.I know there has been a lot of talk abt FH vs Leasehold here and one downside of Medini is its not FH. But as a seasoned investor in Singapore who's bought and sold FH, 99 and 999 over the past few years let me say that on many occasions, holding over a 5 year period I have made more from some leasehold than I have from prime Orchard Rd FH. Its all about the price you pay and the potential of that location. Look at bungalows in Sentosa.How many 100% have they gone up? They are 99.
Having said that, I agree Malaysia has FH in plentiful supply. But In JB they are starting to launch 99 now, I believe Sun City and SouthKey( not sure abt this one) are also 99.
The question to ask is are we getting value for money and is there enough upside? Rental yield is also very important for investment properties. Otherwise the investor may have cash flow problems. In SG I bought Industrial properties a few years back, 60 years lease. I am getting over 7% yield and I also have a good capital gain.But current prices no longer offer the same upside potential nor rental yield.
One of my concerns about Medini is that its still unproven and will there be too much supply? Its purely dependent on investment as its not an 'own stay' kind of place. Just like Marina bay. Local families wouldnt choose to stay there.
Just expressing my thoughts. Am still undecided.Hopefully I will learn more at the talk.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, different timing different price points. If I am you, since already 1 step late into Iskandar, and also looking at Medini 99, I would rather wait for Ascott's launch of its product anytime this year. It will solve yr problem cashflow as they will probably lease back from investors just like Somerset Puteri Harbour.

But from my experience of SPH, such products are gone probably in just a weekend even before any official launch. Probably k start to sound out from Capitaland salespeople. By the time, the lease finish in 10 years, there will be better options for you as in to stay yourself to renew the lease or rent it out yourself, for the very least, I am sure Medini will look very different in 10 years time.

I am excited abt my SPH, should be completion next year. Looking at Traders Hotel Puteri Harbour rates, SPH should be able set the same rates as Somerset Ampang.

I am thinking about d'Residences. Huttons is having a talk at their office today, I plan to attend. If any of you are interested you may ask any Huttons agent to invite you.I know there has been a lot of talk abt FH vs Leasehold here and one downside of Medini is its not FH. But as a seasoned investor in Singapore who's bought and sold FH, 99 and 999 over the past few years let me say that on many occasions, holding over a 5 year period I have made more from some leasehold than I have from prime Orchard Rd FH. Its all about the price you pay and the potential of that location. Look at bungalows in Sentosa.How many 100% have they gone up? They are 99.
Having said that, I agree Malaysia has FH in plentiful supply. But In JB they are starting to launch 99 now, I believe Sun City and SouthKey( not sure abt this one) are also 99.
The question to ask is are we getting value for money and is there enough upside? Rental yield is also very important for investment properties. Otherwise the investor may have cash flow problems. In SG I bought Industrial properties a few years back, 60 years lease. I am getting over 7% yield and I also have a good capital gain.But current prices no longer offer the same upside potential nor rental yield.
One of my concerns about Medini is that its still unproven and will there be too much supply? Its purely dependent on investment as its not an 'own stay' kind of place. Just like Marina bay. Local families wouldnt choose to stay there.
Just expressing my thoughts. Am still undecided.Hopefully I will learn more at the talk.

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just buy whatever is unsold now.

If you wait; you will help other developer achieve new price level while your margin of safety go haywire.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you mean Meridin? If the story about the 4000 cheques is true its unlikely anything will be unsold. :confused:
Even d'Residences, I don't know if response is going to be overwhelming. It seems after election, there's a frenzy. On the other hand, with the controversial election, i feel there is a small risk of some instability.
I totally agree with your advice though my concern is we have so many choices seemingly, if I can't get Medini I may try for Danga bay. I hear Dijaya has launched The Capri. Its FH but on reclaimed land, I dont know if that's a risk factor, what do you think?

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Faster you act; the cheaper your price. (I meant psf.)

I think NS Global is selling something in Danga Bay today. (by Brunsfield)

Their seminar is at Amara.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think Capri is on reclaimed land. Brunsfield is definitely on reclaimed land.

Do you mean Meridin? If the story about the 4000 cheques is true its unlikely anything will be unsold. :confused:
Even d'Residences, I don't know if response is going to be overwhelming. It seems after election, there's a frenzy. On the other hand, with the controversial election, i feel there is a small risk of some instability.
I totally agree with your advice though my concern is we have so many choices seemingly, if I can't get Medini I may try for Danga bay. I hear Dijaya has launched The Capri. Its FH but on reclaimed land, I dont know if that's a risk factor, what do you think?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Personally I prefer Danga Bay to Medini, but for both locations, you are looking at a time horizon of 10-15 years to reap the full benefits. In the meantime, rental would be an issue. It took roughly 15 years for Setia's first Johor project, Bukit Indah to be where it is today. Danga bay would be a safer bet as it is near to RTS & Capitaland is a good integrated developer.

matx3315

Alfrescian
Loyal

Usually the talk will tell you all the rosy pictures.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for sharing. What do you think of the industrial reits(some of which still have 6-7% yield)? One could lock in 6-7% plus chance for appreciation with global economic recovery.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sounds like the Chinese investors r buying e condos n preparing to rent out to Singaporeans who might be working in Iskandar. Is this realistic?

The WenChou gang is famous for frying up properties in major cities across China. If given a free hand in Malaysia(which I think not likely as Malaysia would be prudent here), Iskandar will just be a small pie for them.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. What do you think of the industrial reits(some of which still have 6-7% yield)? One could lock in 6-7% plus chance for appreciation with global economic recovery.

In my opinion, yields are still fairly attractive for REITs compared to other places you can park your money. However , I would prefer to buy on dips as current prices may be abv valuations. Fundamentals still count. I am also vested in Reits. There is a lot of Industrial supply coming on stream over the next few years so that is also a risk factor especially if businesses arent doing so well.Some Reits like Sabana have a lot leases due for renewal this year so a lot depends on what sort of rates thay can renew at. In the short term it looks good but like other counters on the stock mkt, you have to watch also the overall market.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal

Am back from talk. It was more suitable for newbies who dont know much abt Iskandar. They are selling it as one of the 2 'atas' places in Iskandar, with the other one being Puteri Harbour. It was stated that Huttons plans to open an office there to do followup like rental. Frankly, it hasnt given me much more info.
I did see the model though and also the floor plans. In terms of design I think I agree Meridin looks better. As for floor plans, they have a lot of bigger units- 3 bedders abv 1200 sqft. I wonder if big units would do well in areas like this? I mean for rental. They are only releasing Blk A for booking and its going to be by balloting as they anticipate many cheques more than available unit. Frankly I think its just to create hype and push people into herd thinking mode. Apparently multiple unit buyers will be given priority.As for price they mentioned 750-800psf but will only eb confirmed on date of preview which is 24th May.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
The WenChou gang is famous for frying up properties in major cities across China. If given a free hand in Malaysia(which I think not likely as Malaysia would be prudent here), Iskandar will just be a small pie for them.

Most Chinese will still prefer big cities like Singapore. Only e more adventurous ones will come to Iskandar. I expect to just buy n hold. They won't b interested to stay.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo, as long as marketed by Huttons, not overwhelming also let them make it look like overwhelming, they are damn good marketers n closers.

Chocolate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyo, as long as marketed by Huttons, not overwhelming also let them make it look like overwhelming, they are damn good marketers n closers.

I agree. I am not swayed by hype. Just went to get the info. There are many projects and in various locations in Zone A as well as B. So we should just go with what's comfortable. My advice to would be investors is don't rush just because price seems to be going up.And make sure you can hold as you can't do subsale for Malaysian properties. Also RGPT ( tax)applies if you sell within 5 years. This means likely have to rent out or flip and give govt part of profits. So its really for mid to long term investors.

wiseguy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's BIW (Brunsfield Iskandar Waterfront)
I fancy this project for its deluxe quality, design and low plot ratio density, compared to the others at Danga Bay.
Blk D bay view is fully booked and Blk C should be launched soon

Steventlk

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Prof,

Any take on Capri Residences by Dijaya? According to agent, its launching on 17th May 2013. Indicative prices from RM$1050psf with some 10% Disc. Its located very near Brunsfield's Development.

The price of Zone A is shooting through the roof (with Tri Towers @ $1100 psf onwards) and as your words of wisdom has it: "margin of safety is getting lesser ... ppl are helping developers break records in psf!"

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Prof,

Any take on Capri Residences by Dijaya? According to agent, its launching on 17th May 2013. Indicative prices from RM$1050psf with some 10% Disc. Its located very near Brunsfield's Development.

The price of Zone A is shooting through the roof (with Tri Towers @ $1100 psf onwards) and as your words of wisdom has it: "margin of safety is getting lesser ... ppl are helping developers break records in psf!"

Developers and buyers are getting very aggressive after election.