• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. They are building bungalows too. But their designs lost out to Adda Heights, imo.

I've seen Adda heights, they are beautiful and I agree with u. Then again, the price also beautif hor!
I personally feel BDO is value for money, if u r someone into something that is simple but yet with loads of space at affordable prices, the BDO is a pretty decent place..

Just my 2 cents after exploring jb for sometime...my 1st choice was HH but the price really to high for me..

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, the stretch opposite the one2eat cafe is coming up very fast. The shophouses are already at the second storey I think ... That's where the water theme park will be too... Think it's supposed to open this year, right?

Hi Doa,

Actually that area isnt too bad, we were there before the golf cse got de.veloped, abit run down. Its ok now, will be better soon as a year plus ago, they showed us some information so there will be lots of new development. Most of the new shophouses that are yet to be built are already taken up. That stretch opposite the One2eat cafe

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok mam. Thanks 4 the reminder

Hey DOA

I wish to up yr reputation for some of your valuable posts but it will be better if u post it in the respective threads ie , Pets , renovation and makan threads ....else it defeats the purpose for having different threads with regards to the title. And have to search from this main thread all over again

Thanks

Wuqi
Btw , did u locked the renovation thread accidentally?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello. Welcome.

It helps-
1) northern
Bandar dato' onn
Adda heights
Kempas
Setia tropika

2) eastern
Permas jaya - including straits view residence, elita etc
Bayu puteri
Senibong cove
Sierra perdana
Bandar seri alam

3) southern
Polo park
Southkey - in the future

4) taman molek, tebrau, Austin

It's a spillover effect. It benefits quite a lot of areas, one way or another

First and foremost, this is a very warm family here :wink: Can't resist the warmth, so just joint :wink:

With the new opening of EDL, which particular taman(s) does/do it help? I'm currently looking around, looks like everywhere had increased quite tremendously from last year. Everywhere north of Bukit Indah area (further away from Tuas) are asking like beyond RM5/600k range, which makes Nusa Idaman reasonable at RM450,888? But security wise... not sure, provided the unpleasant precinct 6's incident.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. BDO is still valued for money. I like their gardenia and topaz (my favorite)

The only thing I could not convince myself was the pylons. I know it's some distance away, but I just couldn't get over it. It should have very minimal effects on adults, but I will want the best for my kids, so I wouldn't chance it for such risks (some evidences showed that it had much greater effects on kids).

I've seen Adda heights, they are beautiful and I agree with u. Then again, the price also beautif hor!
I personally feel BDO is value for money, if u r someone into something that is simple but yet with loads of space at affordable prices, the BDO is a pretty decent place..

Just my 2 cents after exploring jb for sometime...my 1st choice was HH but the price really to high for me..

Last edited:

skyziz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks DREAMorACTION - both the welcome and information :wink: you're like a walking google map :wink: really improves a great deal for the nothern/estern residences.

By the way, do you know if driving from Mont Callista, we can't actually drive straight to Second Link Highway from Skudai - Pontian Highway right? We have to drive down Skudai - Pontian Highway -> Jalan Skudai -> Persiaran Perling and then into Second Link Highway, right? Thanks.

Hello. Welcome.

It helps-
1) northern
Bandar dato' onn
Adda heights
Kempas
Setia tropika

2) eastern
Permas jaya - including straits view residence, elita etc
Bayu puteri
Senibong cove
Sierra perdana
Bandar seri alam

3) southern
Polo park
Southkey - in the future

4) taman molek, tebrau, Austin

It's a spillover effect. It benefits quite a lot of areas, one way or another

fabiogolf2

How to go to mydin fr e seaside freeway fr jungles or HH ? Quit which one? I usually go by e little street behind ni. That day converted incorrect exit at runabout n achieved puteri habour n u convert a lengthy way to mydin. And after purchasing mydin , I noticed can try e freeway bk towards Pusat Bandaraya something. So I handled to go bk bk Indah

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
How to go to mydin fr e seaside freeway fr jungles or HH ? Quit which one? I usually go by e little street behind ni. That day converted incorrect exit at runabout n achieved puteri habour n u convert a lengthy way to mydin. And after purchasing mydin , I noticed can try e freeway bk towards Pusat Bandaraya something. So I handled to go bk bk Indah

Mydin is very near to East Ledang, Ledang Heights and Newcastle University.

http://www.mydin.com.my/mydin/johor

Freemap :smile:
http://www.iproperty.com.my/freemap/IDR-FreeMap-July2007-1.5MB.jpg (Can zoom in abit)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bro, the stretch opposite the one2eat cafe is coming up very fast. The shophouses are already at the second storey I think ... That's where the water theme park will be too... Think it's supposed to open this year, right?

Hmm, probably you mean the ones slightly further in as the ones directly opposite (where the Austinhills sign was) will be filled with shophouses as well.
Lots of developments but opening still to be determined as they are moving so fast these days.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by crystal_tiong
Hey DOA

I wish to up yr reputation for some of your valuable posts but it will be better if u post it in the respective threads ie , Pets , renovation and makan threads ....else it defeats the purpose for having different threads with regards to the title. And have to search from this main thread all over again

Thanks

Wuqi
Btw , did u locked the renovation thread accidentally?

I second Crystal's opinion (guilty of that too sometimes hehe) I am not aware the renovation thread was locked though, having a look now.

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. BDO is still valued for money. I like their gardenia and topaz (my favorite)

The only thing I could not convince myself was the pylons. I know it's some distance away, but I just couldn't get over it. It should have very minimal effects on adults, but I will want the best for my kids, so I wouldn't chance it for such risks (some evidences showed that it had much greater effects on kids).

I noticed the pylons too....but as u said it's still some distance away. I am ok with it though!
Their Topaz is very nice and huge too - I just got news from thier FB community that some units (if not all) were taken up by the so called close relatives of the Johor Royalty! Not sure how true is this...but it should be good news for the ppl staying there as security might be tighten just because of the Royalty connection...hahaha:biggrin:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In singapore some of the most expensive condo are facing MRT stations.. MRT station are like a big substation.. Again living in condo, HDB sure have heavy power electrical cables running on top or below.. Have any one measure the interference compared this with pylon? I am wondering the logic
Of such feng shui.. If it is true, where can we live in singapore?

I noticed the pylons too....but as u said .. Of

it's still some distance away. I am ok with it though!
Their Topaz is very nice and huge too - I just got news from thier FB community that some units (if not all) were taken up by the so called close relatives of the Johor Royalty! Not sure how true is this...but it should be good news for the ppl staying there as security might be tighten just because of the Royalty connection...hahaha:biggrin:

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
In singapore some of the most expensive condo are facing MRT stations.. MRT station are like a big substation.. Again living in condo, HDB sure have heavy power electrical cables running on top or below.. Have any one measure the interference compared this with pylon? I am wondering the logic

Which is why we came to jb in the first place. Back home we have no choice. Here we can choose to our likings. :wink:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
The power cables should be underground I would think. It's practically impossible to have the substation on top of high-rise residential.

1) costly
2) maintenance/access issue by SP

It is likely that SP will connect their high tension cables underground to a substation on low ground to step down the power. These cables aren't exactly cheap and I can't imagine these cables being pulled all the way to the top of the roof.

Don't know about the logic. But underground cables is somehow "perceived" safer, or perhaps I should say - nobody cares because they are out of sight, out of mind ....

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't say that. Im a latecomer and just sharing the very little info I collated.

From skudai highway, yeah, u need to take the flyover up thru perling toll to connect to second link. If u want to avoid the perling toll, exit via bukit indah then. Perling toll is about RM2.30 I think

Thanks DREAMorACTION - both the welcome and information :wink: you're like a walking google map :wink: really improves a great deal for the nothern/estern residences.

By the way, do you know if driving from Mont Callista, we can't actually drive straight to Second Link Highway from Skudai - Pontian Highway right? We have to drive down Skudai - Pontian Highway -> Jalan Skudai -> Persiaran Perling and then into Second Link Highway, right? Thanks.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yah. Good if u don't mind. To each his own, as bro wuqi always say

There are definitely some decently rich residents there. Behind the show house of the topaz, some impressive Reno and security features are seen all around. Precinct 10 had some issues with the management in terms of the security earlier on, but believe that all have been resolved now.

Which one in BDO have u bought?

I noticed the pylons too....but as u said it's still some distance away. I am ok with it though!

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The power cables should be underground I would think. It's practically impossible to have the substation on top of high-rise residential.

1) costly
2) maintenance/access issue by SP

It is likely that SP will connect their high tension cables underground to a substation on low ground to step down the power. These cables aren't exactly cheap and I can't imagine these cables being pulled all the way to the top of the roof.

Don't know about the logic. But underground cables is somehow "perceived" safer, or perhaps I should say - nobody cares because they are out of sight, out of mind ....

Where its internal, there will be shielding, etc done to it or it will be sufficiently deep underground. Its also something that one cannot easily escape from. Whereas for pylons, they interfere with the chi of a natural environment (according to fengshui)

Observed that in land scarce Singapore, most of the transformers are still housed in a separate building, i still haven't seen large power processing in a HDB building.

I have also seen terrace houses here where the power for the whole role comes from a electrical pole which has thick power cables located right outside the front porch of the house. So the 2nd floor masterbedroom (facing car porch), one cannot do up a balcony due to safety concerns.

Very difficult to be completely away from EMF, etc though, some things just to be mindful and to use as a preference (to avoid), not as an absolute measure.
http://www.best-emf-health.com/emf-emissions.html

Status
Not open for further replies.