• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
WuQi Da Jiang Jun, may I be of service to you? Or do you need someone who can work with you side by side? Call me when you need.

Thanks, you are very kind. My boss recently asked me to take up more responsibilities and to consider running the part of the business as if its my own.
Always, always very indebted to the company i am working in. Any hours i take off from work, i will always pay it back through equivalent time put in or more, weekend or PH, it doesn't matter.

At most i will off my phone but work email, i will still cover. 5 years plus, never taken a single day of MC and i only use half of the leave i have. Even when working from home, my wife, family and friends know not to disturb me during my office hours. I only go downstairs to play with my son after work, even though he is young, he knows not to disturb me when i am working.

My boss or colleagues may not be good to me but i remain grateful to the company and to the founding guys. Even when i was sick or on leave overseas, though i will take longer to reply to prevent making mistakes, i will still get things done. Wife told me back then when the company gave us benefits, etc that she knows i will devote most of my time and life to the company.

I am the type who will die for the right general so very luckily never met someone like Wu Qi yet.
Soldiers of Wu Qi never turned their back from the battle.

http://history.cultural-china.com/Wise/wise151.html

General Wu Qi

General Wu Qi wore the same clothes and ate the same food as the rank and file soldiers of his army. He marched on foot with them instead of riding a horse.
When a soldier was wounded in action, he visited him and saw the soldier had a boil on his skin. In the presence of other soldiers, the general stooped to suck the pus out of the boil with his own mouth.

When the soldier’s mother heard of it, she burst into tears.

“Why should you weep?” someone asked her. “Your son is only a foot soldier, but the general is taking good care of him.”

“You don’t know,” said the mother. “A few years ago, General Wu Qi did the same thing for the boy’s father. My husband was so grateful that he fought and fought until he was killed by the enemy. Now my boy will also die for the general. That is why I’m weeping.”

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
WuQi Da Jiang Jun, may I be of service to you? Or do you need someone who can work with you side by side? Call me when you need.

Thanks sir arsenal, general i am definitely not. Just a normal footsoldier. "Wu Ming Xiao Zu" more like it.
Thanks i will remember to. :smile:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, I think you will make good general yourself.
Your boss might be indicating a possibility to you without even knowing it to set up a company of your own and come back to service your company as a contractor. This might worth consideration if you are in an industry full of opportunities and business potential for skilled and talented individuals like yourself. I believe you will do very well in business world where all your strengths will be put to good use. There is no stopping you from more businesses in properties, agriculture, plantations, whole sale and retails, ....

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, I think you will make good general yourself.
Your boss might be indicating a possibility to you without even knowing it to set up a company of your own and come back to service your company as a contractor. This might worth consideration if you are in an industry full of opportunities and business potential for skilled and talented individuals like yourself. I believe you will do very well in business world where all your strengths will be put to good use. There is no stopping you from more businesses in properties, agriculture, plantations, whole sale and retails, ....

Thanks for your encouragement, lets see how it goes. Actually in the midst of setting up some businesses here on top of the pre school my wife is running.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, good to hear that. Man of your talents and qualities ought not just be confined to narrow domain. The world is your playground and to be an entrepreneur is a worthy aim in peace time amongst others. If only I could be more dynamic and fast moving like you, I am sure there is great satisfaction awaits one out of trying and doing it. Wish you great success but pls don't buy up all props in HH or JB, just some blocks here and there would do ok?

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have been looking around for home loan. Based on the advices from seniors here, leftout SCB and UOB from the list. Of the response received so far, CitiBank is the most disappointing, they can lend only 65% to foreigners. Can any one plz share contacts from Public Bank

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
homeinjb said:
Have been looking around for home loan. Based on the advices from seniors here, leftout SCB and UOB from the list. Of the response received so far, CitiBank is the most disappointing, they can lend only 65% to foreigners. Can any one plz share contacts from Public Bank

Hi homeinjb, you may want to reach out to Benjamin @ +60 12 739 9381 from Public Bank. My most recent property loan was done through him. Hope this helps. Thanks

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yesterday I watched the Channel 8 show "Pillow Talk" (haven't watched Channel 8 drama for many years and was pleasantly surprised the show is quite nice). Anyway, one of the characters - the old auntie - said something like that - things that I want to do, I do it willingly and happily, other people do not appreciate is other people's business, not my business so nothing to be unhappy about.

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Brothers,

I have been transferred to Australia and moving in May. My stay in Nusajaya turned out to be short but will see how long before I get back.

Btw I have Proton Saga Auto 1998 (was using as 2nd family car) well maintained and in a good condition, that I want to sell rather urgently at very attractive discount. Please PM for details if someone is interested.

Thanks,

Newbie2012

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

I am a newbie here, any good advise for buying a property in JB? Heard properties in JB has appreciated alot, especially in Holrizon hills; is it still a good time to buy for investment? Thanks.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi all,

I am a newbie here, any good advise for buying a property in JB? Heard properties in JB has appreciated alot, especially in Holrizon hills; is it still a good time to buy for investment? Thanks.

Should be ".. any good ADVICE for buying property....".

"Advise" is a verb.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
As there has been some PMs on taxes, please note that there is a personal income tax and it will take into account your rental income as well. The tax rate is 26% for non residents and 1-26% if you are staying here for at least 182 days a year.

You can deduct lots of stuff as a tax resident. Again, the real gains tax is based on the 5-10% (within 2 years 10%, after 2 years within 5 years 5%, after 5 years no real gains tax) of what you need to pay for the difference between buying and selling price.

Always keep your receipts even after 5 years for the renovation, bank interest, etc as these are deductible off taxes. Rumour has it that the government may impose 30% capital gains tax soon for properties sold within 1 year to avoid people flipping and speculating in properties.

I strongly urge those who are buying for own stay and still thinking about things not to continue thinking, just go to the developer you want and buy direct.

Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Correct me if I am wrong, so it means if a SGporean buys a place in MY and rents it out for say average 5% yield, he/she will be liable for MY personal income tax of 26%?

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all,

Welcome newbie, I was newbie myself few months ago. There were plenty of good advice and Information in most of the living in JB threads. Many of us read thru the threads from page 1 to current. Depending how much you want to know, you could try likewise or ask questions if you have specific ones and found no answers.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro & sis, i am also a newbie to this forum,i bought at NI7B,waiting for state approval
Hi all,

Rhapsody

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm a newbie here too, and Ive been reading all the posts. Thanks for sharing all the info, now i'm waiting to be part of all of you in JB :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some developments are still relatively valued for money such as nusa idaman. Since its for investment, visit the respective sales office and exercise your own judgement, because We recommend more towards own stay.

Hi all,

Status
Not open for further replies.