• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
We r talking about UEM the master planner leh ... Everything is possible :smile:

Even danga has achieved something similar, so I guess it won't be very very (x10) hard, although obstacles are anticipated ...

phuuwaaa this one may be tough because they need to chase out the kampong dwellers plus built infrastructure to get there.
UEM concentrate on nusajaya (central??) first!!

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro - u have power 2 now. Will get power 3 when u hit 1000 posts. It's in line with what the bros have said, no?

My power just skipped from 0 to 2 today after Whoami gave me 5 points.
So up till yesterday, I still have 0 power even though I registered in 2010.
Whoami knew that my power will be up from 0 to 2 though(from the remark he left), I dunno how he calculated it.
Maybe the 1 Power per year will not appear unless I have at least 35 points, so as I hit 35 points, both power(1 per year and 1 for 35 points) appeared together.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup ... I think that's the way logically

Imagine people registered many years ago, remain inactive and gain power at the same time? Not so fair also right? :wink:

My power just skipped from 0 to 2 today after Whoami gave me 5 points.
So up till yesterday, I still have 0 power even though I registered in 2010.
Whoami knew that my power will be up from 0 to 2 though(from the remark he left), I dunno how he calculated it.
Maybe the 1 Power per year will not appear unless I have at least 35 points, so as I hit 35 points, both power(1 per year and 1 for 35 points) appeared together.

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yippe..just got my MY credit card! Earlier bank wanted fixed deposit as pledge for the plastic. I protested and told them i valued customer both in SG and MY. They relented. Another step towards living in JB..

Cheers.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
phuuwaaa this one may be tough because they need to chase out the kampong dwellers plus built infrastructure to get there.
UEM concentrate on nusajaya (central??) first!!

Hi Euphony, I personally think that this is a super good news for Leisure Farm(your place hehe). If they start developing that area, they'll definitely open a new exit(interchange) from 2nd link highway right into that area after Malaysian CIQ(might even be the same exit which you peeps have mentioned before, as promised by Mulpha).

Actually if you look at the 3D scale model of Nusajaya which is placed in UEM's sales office (beside Ledang Heights), you can see Nusajaya West in the model. It's just that they still do not have any concrete plan for that area until now.

New initiative by UEM - nusajaya west ... Even closer than medini / east ledang .....

http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/newsbusiness.php?id=655822

Thanks for sharing this DoA :smile:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cool! Which bank is it?

U can start swiping today, at sutera's fair haha

Yippe..just got my MY credit card! Earlier bank wanted fixed deposit as pledge for the plastic. I protested and told them i valued customer both in SG and MY. They relented. Another step towards living in JB..

Cheers.

Last edited:

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal
CIMB my favourite bank. haha.

Went to SM yesterday in fact. Was stopped by MY traffic police along the straight road from Bestari to Sutera for supposedly dashing through a red light. First time in 15 years of milk and petrol runs kanna JB TP. Told me fine is RM300 and listed a few places to pay. Besides me there were quite a number of MY cars being pulled one side. Told him the light was actually amber when i dashed through. He dismissed my reasoning. Asked him also whether I can compound the fine on the spot, he said not possible. Finally was let off with a warning. Phew. Changed my perspective about JB TP altogether.

Cheers.

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
the news is indeed positive! though personally i had hoped to see a bit more restraint. SG has a habit of too little too late whereas JB has the habit of too much too fast. I rather hope JB corp would concentrate on efforts to make medini/KI area (together with the Danga track) much more cosmopolitan as well as build up the demand for both housing and supportive commercial services to create enough population to drive the next phase of the development.

this is for the good of everyone not just for LF. rather than divesting the crowds with each area too thin to support the businesses sprawled out in numerous areas with risk of abandonment (not so much for construction but empty shoplots after TOP etc...) or lower end business services - more mama shops, more kopitiams etc. As such there is still acres of land sitting idle on the center of action in the aformentioned areas plus word from official sources that IDR is a no go. So that is another huge piece of land...

Hi Euphony, I personally think that this is a super good news for Leisure Farm(your place hehe). If they start developing that area, they'll definitely open a new exit(interchange) from 2nd link highway right into that area after Malaysian CIQ(might even be the same exit which you peeps have mentioned before, as promised by Mulpha).

Actually if you look at the 3D scale model of Nusajaya which is placed in UEM's sales office (beside Ledang Heights), you can see Nusajaya West in the model. It's just that they still do not have any concrete plan for that area until now.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cheers.

U have to control yr spending.. It's nice to swipe and bring back yr purchase without paying cash but when the bill comes u have to prepare to pay back if not interest plus interest in the end if no payment receive the things u swipe for is better to settle with cash, unless u clear the bills if not they will make u pay more...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
If it's controlled and planned wisely, credit card is the way to go because u gain points/cash rebates, and u enjoy deferment of payment for at least a few weeks. This is on assumption that the full payment is made before due date. That's why discipline and careful planning are essential :smile:

U have to control yr spending.. It's nice to swipe and bring back yr purchase without paying cash but when the bill comes u have to prepare to pay back if not interest plus interest in the end if no payment receive the things u swipe for is better to settle with cash, unless u clear the bills if not they will make u pay more...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm surprised. CIMB, to my own experience, has got very strict rules and they never budge. Suppose there is different policy dealing with CC and loan then :smile: great breakthrough nonetheless :smile: thumbs up

Went to SM yesterday in fact. Was stopped by MY traffic police along the straight road from Bestari to Sutera for supposedly dashing through a red light. First time in 15 years of milk and petrol runs kanna JB TP. Told me fine is RM300 and listed a few places to pay. Besides me there were quite a number of MY cars being pulled one side. Told him the light was actually amber when i dashed through. He dismissed my reasoning. Asked him also whether I can compound the fine on the spot, he said not possible. Finally was let off with a warning. Phew. Changed my perspective about JB TP altogether.

Cheers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi , thank you very much for ur advise :smile: I had decided to give this unit a miss, my booking fee down the drain le :(

Sorry to hear, if your booking was done within a week or two, you might still be able to get something back. Their consumer body is very powerful here but few know how to use them. Talk nicely and see if they can at least refund 50%. Its better to lose a little than to buy something you don't like later on.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I'm surprised. CIMB, to my own experience, has got very strict rules and they never budge. Suppose there is different policy dealing with CC and loan then :smile: great breakthrough nonetheless :smile: thumbs up

Agree, CIMB and Maybank. Some banks though, very hard to get in but once in, they do take care of you as in they don't want to see their clients fail.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thanks for sharing this DoA :smile:

Agree, thanks everyone for sharing. Back then they were already mentioning but still on the drawing board.

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?sec=business&file=/2010/11/13/business/7413306

yonglip

Alfrescian
Loyal

No worries bro. I am not the type to enrich the pockets of bankers..haha. The CC is more for use at petronas (got rebate) and interest free purchase at Courts. Limit is not too high also. RM10K. No annual fees but understand MY govt collects RM50 tax on each CC annually. Feeling more and more like a johorean these days. not exactly a bad thing i suppose? haha.

cheers.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Cheers.

Glad in the end you got off with just a warning. Welcome to the new home in Johore. Cheers

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree, CIMB and Maybank. Some banks though, very hard to get in but once in, they do take care of you as in they don't want to see their clients fail.

That is why I like MY, SG seems not my country anymore! So many Rojak in sg, yesterday nite meet some ang mo very stuck up, most of them make fun of singlish,every sentence la la here la la there, go fly kite,etc. I told them I give them a new word, go catch spiders. They asked me why .... I told them go F the spiders after they caught one... Really sick of sg, can't wait to move today!!!

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
No worries bro. I am not the type to enrich the pockets of bankers..haha. The CC is more for use at petronas (got rebate) and interest free purchase at Courts. Limit is not too high also. RM10K. No annual fees but understand MY govt collects RM50 tax on each CC annually. Feeling more and more like a johorean these days. not exactly a bad thing i suppose? haha.

cheers.

Ya bro that was what I intend to do last time but end up buying stuff that I dun really need...
At first payment all very on the dot, but as time goes by over spent.... Intend to keep only 1 card enough Liao, too many cards can make things seems free...:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.