• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me!!!! Half of the houses are for own use eventually. Lots here too like Crystal, etc :smile:
Yes you can bypass her but if your name is in the property then you will still be subjected to the levy, etc.

Concentrate on getting the house first, its freehold, you can slowly renovate after that, get the important things like grilles, aircon, wiring, lighting, kitchen done first.Then just slowly add on once you are ready. If you are buying a 300k house then using her name to get a loan means if you get the right development, you might not have to pay much if at all as they allow waiver of the 10% for downpayment for first timers, then yes simple renovation, should be enough.

Thank you Mod.

But any areas near 2nd link where houses are below RM500K?

I am not as rich as you brothers here.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Election is likely to be in September. Opening of legoland is likely to be 4Q of 2012 too.

If the election goes well and if the tipping point generates a new strong wave of buyers, what would happen to the price then, I wonder?

If BN loses, what impact do u anticipate? I think it will be business as usual.

Nusajaya Gateway (west) and Southkey projects... Hmmm BN is desperate to retain Johor in the upcoming elections.

Personally i'll like to put on hold anymore purchases till post-elections and maybe post-Legoland/indoor theme park opening. Any opinions on this?

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello welcome. Feel free to voice your opinions and share info :smile:

I'm newbie in this forum, but already follow the forum since last year i bought the impiana and fairway suit.
i like this forum very much and get a lots of information too:smile: juz to have deep breath to open the account and join in this BIG FAMILY.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/electricity-tariffs-to-increase-by-4-3-per-cent.html

Very disappointed with what pap is doing! Really want ppl to suffer like hell..

Sg is no longer the same as before... Only suitable for those filthy rich and corrupted ...

Good place to do money laundry! Only the true born sg nations will have to work till they die and to pay all the money to feed the garment !!!

To some of the people who PMed me in the early days, i believe their electrical bills should be much lesser now as now they seldom stay in SG. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Election is likely to be in September. Opening of legoland is likely to be 4Q of 2012 too.

If the election goes well and if the tipping point generates a new strong wave of buyers, what would happen to the price then, I wonder?

If BN loses, what impact do u anticipate? I think it will be business as usual.

Might be earlier too. Prices will move with the news. Johore is seen to be a BN stronghold and they have invested pretty heavily here and may well go on investing more.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
is it transferable? I am keen to sell at this price too.

Yes it is but you must first sell your house. My learned friend did that but the new owner does not play golf due to some physical stuff so he got a discount from the house but my friend kept the membership.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thank you Mod.

But any areas near 2nd link where houses are below RM500K?

I am not as rich as you brothers here.

There are lots but are you a foreigner or local? Foreigners can only buy RM500k unless you have a spouse who is local and can buy in his/her name.
www.iproperty.com.my has lots of options

Nusajaya

http://www.iproperty.com.my/propert...=&mbu=&xbu=&lo=&wp=&wv=&wa=&ht=&au=&sby=&ns=1

Auction houses(Click on Johor on the left of that page):
http://www.auctions.com.my/

There is one in Bukit Indah with reserve price at 260k. Hmm interesting.

Ref No:
PAHJ3495(3) [Print Flyers]

Auction Date:
12/04/2012

Auction Place:
Suite No. 1602, 16th Floor, City Plaza, No.21, Jalan Tebrau, 80300 Johor Bahru,Johor

Auction Time:
3.00 pm

Property Description:
Double storey terrace house unit intermediate

Land/Floor Area:

(approximately in sq. feet)
130SQM Sq. Feet.

Tenure: Freehold
Property Address:
No. 3, Jalan Indah 10/6, Taman Bukit Indah, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor Darul Takzim.

Reserve Price (RM): RM 260,000.00

The one below even lower:

Ref No:
PAHJ3496(3) [Print Flyers]

Auction Date:
8/05/2012

Auction Place:
High Court Of Malaya, Johor Bahru, Jalan Dato' Onn, Johor Darul Takzim

Auction Time:
10.30 am

Property Description:
A double storey terrace house

Land/Floor Area:

(approximately in sq. feet)
1,540.00 Sq. Feet.

Tenure: Freehold
Property Address:
No.14, Jalan Melawati 13, Taman Melawati, 81300 Skudai, Johor

Reserve Price (RM): RM 116,640.00

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Nusajaya Gateway (west) and Southkey projects... Hmmm BN is desperate to retain Johor in the upcoming elections.

Personally i'll like to put on hold anymore purchases till post-elections and maybe post-Legoland/indoor theme park opening. Any opinions on this?

This is like a cornerstone for them right now. A lot of my friends are weight and now thinking of taking the risk and committing. Safer way is to wait and see though. The only thing at the back of their minds is that if BN really wins then prices will be different.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yippe..just got my MY credit card! Earlier bank wanted fixed deposit as pledge for the plastic. I protested and told them i valued customer both in SG and MY. They relented. Another step towards living in JB..

Cheers.

But My CC annual fee may be harder to waive.. din bother to waive my debit card fee which was 10ringgit..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/electricity-tariffs-to-increase-by-4-3-per-cent.html
Very disappointed with what pap is doing! Really want ppl to suffer like hell..
Sg is no longer the same as before... Only suitable for those filthy rich and corrupted ...
Good place to do money laundry! Only the true born sg nations will have to work till they die and to pay all the money to feed the garment !!!

In singapore, everything is taxed.. for example petrol is taxed 40 cents per litre.. hence for Ron97 though not subsidized will still be cheaper than rm 95 in SIN..
Did a static comparison last year, My water is a quarter of Sg while electricity is half the price..

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All, i am joining the club. Purchased a property @ Setia Tropika. Understd tt most of u bought @ HH but hope those from ST or other could join in gatherings, if any. Something like an overseas sg club. Anyway, re renovation matters. I have some queries on this and general building standards stuff:

1) Anyone fixed a lightning to earth point for their homes or is this always built in?
2) Water tank is only for reserve or during supply disruption? Do all houses have the tank? Is there a water filter attached to it?
3) Power outages frequent? Is there a back up generator or we have to install it?
4) Does our home come with fire insurance?
5) What are some of the maintenence consideration (eg: garden / roofing/etc)
6) Any issues we need to check and clarify with developer so we can know what our rights are?

Cathy & AP stays in ST.. myself at SEG.. which model did you purchase?
Though I am weekender, experienced power outage once last year that lasted 2-3 hrs...
You have to decide if you want a water filter at source or outlet..

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi
Just public info, for those of you who are into Grohe stuff for your taps etc n startg reno soon got sale fr today to 8 April at their boutique n authorised outlets in sg.

Status
Not open for further replies.