• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw some posts on bukit chagar luxury apartments. To my limited knowledge, The construction was completed I think at least a year ago. There were purchasers and I was told that there was a big issue on the service charges (high costs due to low density) and the buyers refused to move in. The one at the first storey that light up is a show house, not tenanted.

If u guys ever find out what the service charge is, please let me know too.

Again, these are all hearsay only ...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't blame u. The entire landscape only started to change people's mindset in the last 3 years. Kudos to bro wuqi and others whom saw the opportunities. I believe we latecomers (as of now) will not be in less worse position no matter what future direction is as long as we are in it for long haul :-)

Believe it or not, I have been viewing JB properties for the past 13 years! In fact, I dislike JB at that time but my in-laws insisted to bring me around to view houses (I have seen many and have missed alot of opportunties). It is only in the last 2 years that I started to change my opinons.

So it is never too late!

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's no gentlemen after all that u have benefited from him? He even helped u out with the car purchase ... I think that has hurt his feeling ...

Yes indeed, i only inform those who are interested. i didn't mention which project unless they want to let the cat out of the bag!

Some ppl they want to help others in the end........

Some ppl from sg r not rich as u wuqi so they can't afford horizon hills which price climbing due to many so call rich ppl like u making the price up up and away!

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi for replying. I would have thought condo has higher density and hence security guard harder to know which unit you stay? The problem is that there are no reliable statistics collected to make an informed decision. Unlike in the U.K., where the profile of a community including official statistics of crime breakdowns and other useful information, we can only based our decisions on isolated reports and subjective views. This makes decision making harder. Usually we only have survivors telling their stories, but even so, rarely. Those who do not make it are no longer around to tell their tales.
Security is my greatest concern but increasingly I noticed that we are no longer safe in Singapore too, even crossing the roads with lights in your favour is no guarantee that one can cross in one piece.
My analysis is that a random attack is less than 1% chance of getting hit while a targetted attack is 50%. So in a crowd where one does not standout is safer than when someone is in a position to observe you legitimately, like in the case of a security guard, and can even shine a light at your house at odd times of the night because they are on patrol. The question then is, is it true that G&G has higher crime statistics or the other way round?
I hope the Malaysian government can consider releasing statistics to show crime rates by area so people can make an informed choice. Or the statistics already exist and it is just me not being able to find it?

In my case, there are different groups of security guards here plus they regularly change out and rotate the guards. If the guardhouse has security cameras and access cards, its also a good as it records entry and access.

Especially in the very early days when a neighbourhood is still new and no one has yet moved in, much better to have G&G to deter any outsiders when there are no neighbours around. If someone wants to tail you or follow you, they can just wait outside the non G&G place as well and observe, then strike. Its even easier for them to observe than your security guards who has to be stationed at the post or rotate for patrol duties.

There is at least some accountability too as you can report matters to the guardhouse or township running the place. We also have different teams from different companies, each responsible for different areas. We also know we can call on the reserve guards where needed. I once made several calls and in the end 3 teams of guards showed up converging on a single house.

Several guards were replaced by my neighbours when they complained. Straightaway, that guard was never seen again. Most of the immediate areas around us has tried to implement some form of G&G system, not all successful as not everyone pays up. Unlike G&G where they can use the access card to block access for people who don't pay up. (Yes nowadays they do that, even new condos here are starting to have this where the lift/gate only allows access to certain levels or blocks)

At least having restricted access is better than having 24 x 7 public access. This is the feedback from someone born and bred in Johore and he is 70 this year.

"I strongly feel that G&G will be better than non G&G as they have a wider market and tend to be considered better overall. It is not to say non G&G is bad as i still have several units myself but having guards, access cards and cameras is always better than those without any. In the event of petty traffic incidents where you somehow cut into people's lane or overtake others, some people can follow you right to your doorsteps and you can do nothing about it for non G&G."

I have always recommend G&G from the onset, there are many who may disagree. Security is an ongoing process, it has to be maintained of course but some people, when they see isolated cases of crime in their neighbourhood, decided to then not pay up, entirely "in protest" of course. What happens? They don't realise, a net with a small hole is better than no nets at all. Then the whole neighbourhood goes down the drain.

Dissatisfied with the guards? Change out the guards. With the security company? Change the company. Whatever you can implement for non G&G, you are likely able to do that as well in G&G. If security is that important an issue, then G&G and implement further security measures. Rather than think negatively and do nothing, why not take positive ones especially as you are a paying customer and you can band together to change things.

Even if non G&G, at least band together to fence up critical points or at least have patrolling guards.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
That's no gentlemen after all that u have benefited from him? He even helped u out with the car purchase ... I think that has hurt his feeling ...

Its ok bro, i am used to such things and have moved on.
After all even some of my own do that regularly to me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hello there,

first and foremost, thank you for all the great information you guys have been providing me.
It's not just insightful but funny as well.
Often I crack up laughing because of all the politically incorrect comments as well as the nicknames given to various people and terms.

Thank you.

My family and I are thinking of moving to East Ledang to a 13,000sq area house. It's rather pricey in Johor standards - $3.4mil Ringgit but definitely a steal compared
to the ridiculous property prices in sg.
We only paid a booking deposit and have 2 weeks to decide if we should go ahead with it.

A huge decision I must say because that would mean probably renting out our current homes in Singapore and uprooting the whole family to EL.

From what I read, the most of you still hold your homes and there are some who are staying permanently there.
If you hold jobs in the city in SG, do you travel up and down everyday?
Kids education?
The development in Nusajaya, will it pick up?

We are also thinking of looking at the other developments in the area, HH, leisure farm.
Do you have any recommendations and opinions?

Much appreciated

Glad you are moving out here. Most of your questions are already in the newbie questions page or already covered previously.
My 2 cents worth:

If with a family and aged between 50-70 (terrace, cluster, semi-d)
If large family 50-70 (bungalow)
If alone or with wife (condo or small terrace)

If you hold jobs in the city in SG, do you travel up and down everyday?
There are some who do that and some already do carpooling/van pooling and doing this daily.
Some leave by 5.30am or 6am to and fro the 2nd link.

There are also taxis as well as CW3, CW4, CW5 and CW6 buses amongst the alternative options.

Kids education?
International schools here, kindergarden and primary schools here or they
send their kids to school via the Century bus service (yellow bus) amongst
others

The development in Nusajaya, will it pick up?
It really depends on who you talk to, some of those who regularly diss this place will also then share they already got 5-6
houses. I have also received PMs not to share anymore as they don't want this place to be too crowded. Its really up to you,
if mainly for retirement, then don't even bother too much about that. Just get a nice quiet place and MM2H if so inclined.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that the land of their ex-office will be developed into apartments
It's gonna be serviced apmts with a separate entrance and facilities such as clubhouse. When the clubhouse is ready, the UEM sales office will move into the clubhouse and start selling the serviced apmts and probably remaining units in P8B. Three weeks ago, spoke to a Chinese sales guy and he mentioned there are 50-60 units left in P8B, all priced below RM500k.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Okay bro. Just gotta say it and back u up as u benefited nothing from the help u rendered and u don't deserve such remarks whatsoever .. Those of your own are only taking u for granted and I guess they mean no harm :smile:

Its ok bro, i am used to such things and have moved on.
After all even some of my own do that regularly to me.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
50 - 60 still quite a lot. Thought I saw ah tiong updated that only a few units remained

Personally, I think the service apartment should had been planned at the land where phase 7 is, and build more semi-d or clusters or higher class of terraces at 8B. What do u owners feel? :smile:

It's gonna be serviced apmts with a separate entrance and facilities such as clubhouse. When the clubhouse is ready, the UEM sales office will move into the clubhouse and start selling the serviced apmts and probably remaining units in P8B. Three weeks ago, spoke to a Chinese sales guy and he mentioned there are 50-60 units left in P8B, all priced below RM500k.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Okay bro. Just gotta say it and back u up as u benefited nothing from the help u rendered and u don't deserve such remarks whatsoever .. Those of your own are only taking u for granted and I guess they mean no harm :smile:

Thank you for your kind words, there are those like that and when informed to be more careful, started to diss this thread and forum. Someone actually emailed me and asked me if that person was like 3 years old.

I laughed and told him, people already asked us to move on, lets just forget it.

Sometimes, no matter how bad life gets, you can still smile and laugh. I try not to let things get to me too much these days, been having a bit of chest pain for no reason recently. I think i will need to take things easier and laugh at life. Who knows, i might not be here anymore tomorrow but hopefully this thread and the many others like it can continue to help others along the way.

I strive to help others but its a challenge when you are trying to help people who don't want to help themselves at times.

We really should treat others better, its a constant reminder to myself as well as i am equally guilty at times.
Facts, stories may become muddled and jumbled with time but the way you made people feel, that will stay with them for a long long time.

Some people have already forgiven those who:
1. Placed multiple rusty parangs in the bathwater for their elder sister when she was a baby
2. People who put firecrackers in his first pair of new shoes on CNY
3. Accused his mother of something serious which she never did and then pushed everything to her.
4. Made a grown man (his dad) cry on his visit to his parents place one bitter CNY because of a packet of roasted duck
5. Almost made him an orphan

There are also some in this world who was almost maimed and almost thrown off a block of flats at the ripe age of 2
(Yes that person must have been that naughty at that age and must have done something so dastardly to deserve it)

Some would say, with relatives like that, who needs terrorists and enemies? I would tell them, whats there not to forgive?

By forgiving them, you are setting yourself free. You don't deserve the sad past, just try to live bravely in this unpredictable
world.

A very wise man, Mr Ivan once told me "You cannot control what people do or think but you can control how you react"

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Don't blame u. The entire landscape only started to change people's mindset in the last 3 years. Kudos to bro wuqi and others whom saw the opportunities. I believe we latecomers (as of now) will not be in less worse position no matter what future direction is as long as we are in it for long haul :-)

You are still not too late, in fact you guys are fashionably late. :smile:
Kudos to you too for being brave enough to take action.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, Nusajaya will be setting its own benchmark in the coming years and I don't think even KL will be a fair comparison.

Cheers
N

Only time will tell if this comes true... Sometimes I like to read other forums like skyscraper city and the pessimism there, to be balanced with the optimism here.

Great post by the way on your comparison of prices.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are still not too late, in fact you guys are fashionably late. :smile:
Kudos to you too for being brave enough to take action.

Hope it's not too late... One of my friends who is a contrarian factor for me has yet to ask me about Nusajaya properties even though I've shared a little with her. The day she asks more, then I might be concerned about a temporal buying bubble (or BBB to use the phrase from lowyat and propertywtf forums, which means buy buy buy).

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
50 - 60 still quite a lot. Thought I saw ah tiong updated that only a few units remained

Personally, I think the service apartment should had been planned at the land where phase 7 is, and build more semi-d or clusters or higher class of terraces at 8B. What do u owners feel? :smile:

ya lor , the senior sales told me left a few units only ...
Not sure abt this new chinese guy, last time when i pick up documents from sales office , he was so interested in my PRADA wallet and keep asking which season and how much i bought etc ....

Status
Not open for further replies.