• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As far as I am aware the pump at 2nd floor is run by electric and has an on off switch. Just change the shower head and make sure the switch is on or working.

Hey I have yet visit the HH swimming pool. Public can enter by paying? Does that mean the gym also? As interested to conduct my swimming business here weekdays and hopefully weekends.

Is that the original pump from Horizon hill? I am yet to locate the on off switch..
No the swimming pool is closed to public.. but you could talk to them to see if something can be arranged.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Is that the original pump from Horizon hill? I am yet to locate the on off switch..
No the swimming pool is closed to public.. but you could talk to them to see if something can be arranged.

Yes original one. Something that starts with G. You can tell if its on or not by the lights it has, no lights, no power.
It is closed but guest can be brought in by members who can then pay. They definitely have people keen to do swimming, even scuba diving at one point but problem is the water in the pool is not deep enough to do proper scuba.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ya, I am considering that aspect as well... According to the developer the ratio of residentials to commercial in the development is 90:10... Roughly 4000 units to 40 units. Though chances are one needs to be patient as the area are still pretty green field. I am cautiously optimistic of the potential as it may also serve the folks over at Gelang Patah in addition to Nusa Sentral. As well, rising tide floats all boats or so I hope... If things go well for the catalyst projects in Nusajaya, Nusa Sentral may also stand to benefit... I've scouted quite a number of ro jets/development in search of a good commercial investment but find that prices for shoplots has skyrocketed! Been to bandar Sri alam (very far...) and the shoplots there (very undesirable location, design - at least to me...) are already asking for rm850k... Well... Just some of my own opinion on this since I am researching... Thanks so much for your input Wuqi :-)

Yes, i am too but just that for shops, its a bit of hit and miss. There are actually old, 3 storey shoplots in Perling, a forgotten part of Iskandar (that are still dirt cheap). They are cheap for a reason though.

I would still consider Nusa Sentral shops as well, just that good to know when the area opposite will be developed. Once that is known, easier to make decision.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok 2 things to look out for:

1. Make sure your pump and pipes are checked out as there may be stones or sediment in the pipes somewhere which blocks the floor. We did that to clear the air or sediment blockage and indeed there was a difference. We also use those water heaters with pump for the shower.

2. Set up another pump at the water tank on your 2nd floor, disable this external one and install this at your water tank. Downside to this is that water consumption increases but the power of the water........Our tenanted house all have this system, powerful but can be noisy if you get cheaper model or the installer isn't so good at sound proofing.

Hi Wuqi,

for (2), you mean to replace the HH pump? Where can I get the pump? Can find it in any electrical store?

when one is not using the water, will there be any noise?

Do you know where is the switch of the original HH pump?

Didjerama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good on you, wishing you well with your journey here.
My two cents worth below (quick one)

Hi Wuqi, thanks for your reply. Now i udnerstand better what I am getting into and also the finance I will be required to come up with.

One last qn, and this is a sensitive one. Currently, Im serving my 5 years MOP with HDB after buying a flat, now into my 3rd year already. As such I am unable to buy a proeprty overseas. In this case, can I put the owner's name as my mother's and my name for the bank loan, meaning i have no name at all within the house. is this possible and is this flouting HDB rules still?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi,

for (2), you mean to replace the HH pump? Where can I get the pump? Can find it in any electrical store?

when one is not using the water, will there be any noise?

Do you know where is the switch of the original HH pump?

Its actually located on the 2nd floor opposite the master bedroom.
The brand used by HH should all be similar and from this brand:
http://www.grundfos.com.my/

Any contractor would be able to do it for you. It will kick in only when water is turned on.
Some used units so powerful that they can even repeatedly flush their toilets in very very
short succession. (Not that anyone really need that unless having a bad case of the runs)

Cheap and poorly installed = Sure noisy. Need someone good and the better models else it
does get noisy when used at night.

skyziz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops, sorry sorry... I was referring to Mutiara Mas Opal by Scientex... I just realised they have Scientex Pasir Gudang and Kulai... paisay :o

Huh, the infor I saw is from the banner hung in front of show house village only last weekend. Might be we mean different projects?

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the internet, Grundfos is the top brand.. I will check if the pump has been turned on or not..

Its actually located on the 2nd floor opposite the master bedroom.
The brand used by HH should all be similar and from this brand:
http://www.grundfos.com.my/

Any contractor would be able to do it for you. It will kick in only when water is turned on.
Some used units so powerful that they can even repeatedly flush their toilets in very very
short succession. (Not that anyone really need that unless having a bad case of the runs)

Cheap and poorly installed = Sure noisy. Need someone good and the better models else it
does get noisy when used at night.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, thanks for your reply. Now i udnerstand better what I am getting into and also the finance I will be required to come up with.

One last qn, and this is a sensitive one. Currently, Im serving my 5 years MOP with HDB after buying a flat, now into my 3rd year already. As such I am unable to buy a proeprty overseas. In this case, can I put the owner's name as my mother's and my name for the bank loan, meaning i have no name at all within the house. is this possible and is this flouting HDB rules still?

You will still need to have a name in the house as otherwise you cannot get a loan. I will PM you a legal way to get around this. Do not flout HDB rules.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Does the terrace in HH provide this main pump too? So u use shower with pumps together with this pump?

Mainly for semi-ds and above then they provide. So if not, you can either get a pump on your roof tank or have individual water heater units equipped with a pump on the heater unit itself. Both ways will work but don't do both together, overkill and likely heater unit will kaput(ok if normal type without pump).

jazjoz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mainly for semi-ds and above then they provide. So if not, you can either get a pump on your roof tank or have individual water heater units equipped with a pump on the heater unit itself. Both ways will work but don't do both together, overkill and likely heater unit will kaput(ok if normal type without pump).

thanks. that's what I thought. using them together will be overkill.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
I've book one semi D in Pulai indah phase 3 (lot size 34.6 X 130 very big garden behind house) approx 4500sqf and built-up 2500sqft. 6 rooms. Price RM 498k , mark up to 500k by developer.
check this site tamanpulaiindah.huayang.com.my/floor_plan.html
But I may want to cancel the booking as my wife feel that it 'll be a white elephant as we don't intend to stay.
Anyone interested to know more , PM me. Thank you.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think U have just revealed that u r an agent, especially before u edited your original post

Hi,
I've book one semi D in Pulai indah phase 3 (lot size 34.6 X 130 very big garden behind house) approx 4500sqf and built-up 2500sqft. 6 rooms. Price RM 498k , mark up to 500k by developer.
check this site tamanpulaiindah.huayang.com.my/floor_plan.html
But I may want to cancel the booking as my wife feel that it 'll be a white elephant as we don't intend to stay.
Anyone interested to know more , PM me. Thank you.

Last edited:

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think U have just revealed that u r an agent, especially before u edited your original post

Confirm I'm not agent. I did ask some forum guys PM them to advise and view of the two properties Mutaria and Pulai indah. I think I do not have any luck to buy properties in JB. Anyway, I ''ll go to sale office to withdraw and get back deposit in the coming week. Interested parties pls check with the sale office directly. Please don't PM me. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.