• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Haha is it really that bad nowadays? I just feel it is unfair that SG women are being said to be so pampered but I have a friend who tolerated bullying boss and hang on to her job for the sake of family & children, very few women are so lucky like your wife to have provider husbands, most are worried of losing their jobs and income.

Women are to be pampered (sorry feminists) but i also appreciate women who can stand up for themselves and make it count when it matters most. Hence i believe strongly in making sure my wife has more educational and learning opportunities than myself so if i pass on, she can survive well. For me, having my wife being retired since 27 (she will argue back 28) makes me feel glad for her.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
With so many FTs with dubious degrees working in SG, now I think it is no point to study in SG..might as well relax and go study at a Pinoy university and then come here to work..what is the difference?

Exactly, no one checks on their certs as well as their driving licenses. No accountability for the people using fake stuff except slap on the wrist and to send them back home for free. For some countries, they can change their names, etc and come back in a few months time.

I respect those who are real talents and know they can contribute but unfortunately there seems to be way more fake talents then real ones these days.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Women are to be pampered (sorry feminists) but i also appreciate women who can stand up for themselves and make it count when it matters most. Hence i believe strongly in making my wife has more educational and learning opportunities than myself so if i pass on, she can survive well. For me, having my wife retired since 27 (she will argue back 28) makes me feel glad for her.

Wow retired since 27! Aiyoh, your wife is the envy of all women leh.. From what I see, you're the exception rather than the norm among SG men, most expect their wives to work and contribute lah!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Originally Posted by arsenal
Yes.. when we live overseas, we must also learn to blend in, respect locals and their cultures.. talk softly and enjoy what we don't have right here..
For ourselves, we got to lookout and help each other..

Agree with that, respecting the culture and integrating well is better than doing the opposite.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow retired since 27! Aiyoh, your wife is the envy of all women leh.. From what I see, you're the exception rather than the norm among SG men, most expect their wives to work and contribute lah!

I am sure there are more out there who does it. It differ from couple to couple, i have seen those who make way more than me but their wives choose to work anyway.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just to touch on this matter. I feel the recent post regarding "kulit-fication and not qualification" is totally uncalled for and insensitive and has no place in this forum which has been a beacon of light for many. Although I am not Malay I have many hardworking Malay friends and have been in Sg long enough to say that "kulit-fication" is rampant in Singapore too. Perhaps just the reverse scenario. Like some posters have rightully said, pls respect the laws of the land. If not, there is always 'fair' Singapore to return to if things are unbearable in Jb.

ps: Moderators should clamp on such posts to prevent this forum from being tainted.

Can you hightlight the post so that we can have a better look.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Not sure if this is a really good move for Penang. It kills off the foreigner buying market almost immediately. Let's not forget that Thais and Europeans are buyers there too.

And if the Federal government does not do the same for the rest of the country, it may raise the attraction to these places outside Penang.

My 2 cents really.

Agree, it may look like protecting but a local friend also remarked it may keep folks off Penang but then again, quite a few properties are already priced 2m and above.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
With so many FTs with dubious degrees working in SG, now I think it is no point to study in SG..might as well relax and go study at a Pinoy university and then come here to work..what is the difference?

Haha, I like that.
But seriously, having a degree is way over-rated.

I rather like to think that we are getting literate in Singapore but not getting an education.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not kidding FT,

Leisure Farm's Bayou Creek currently sells;
Semi-Ds at prices between RM1.721 mil to RM2.573 mil.
Bungalows at prices between RM2.774 mil to RM4.754 mil.

East Ledang's corner terraces already hit above RM1 mil some time back.

Wow!

But unfortunately I am not vested there!

Sob! Sob!

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely more expensive the further up north one goes like KL, etc. It kind of reflect the premium over the southern part.

Went there for a vacation recently. 'Quayside' - a luxury development is very popular with Singaporeans there. All in their millions!

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
At last got a house in HH after pondering over for last 3 months :smile: Gave into wife's desire to have a corner unit with extra land!!!
Need some help on following
1) Was told that S&P will be after 4-6 months and i will be notified. Does that takes so long for S&P?
2) Need to pay 10% (minus the deposit) on S&P signing date
3) Legal fees will be absorbed
4) Stamp duty (3.5%) + foreigners levy to be paid by us
5) Was introduced to Standard Chartered banker, claims need to pay him 0.5% stamp duty. Is it part of the regular procedure?
6) Even though house will be completed after 24 month (approx), we need to keep on paying interest after signing S&P till TOP and thereon actual installments starts. Can anyone plz recommend better banks and loan options?

Pls advice if have missed out any thing in my calculations

Diaspora

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the view. However I a bit worried about the customs increase charges for Singapore cars. Seems like they want to make us pay for the cost of building the EDL...

Hmmm...what can one make with such news??
wayang by the MY gov and this crony company Or for real??:confused:

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/4/19/business/20120419125706&sec=business

MRCB falls to lowest since October

KUALA LUMPUR: Shares of Malaysian Resources Corporation Bhd (MRCB) fell to their lowest since October last year on Thursday in the absence of fresh positive news.

At 12.30pm, it was down two sen to RM1.72. There were 6.13 million shares transacted at prices ranging from RM1.70 to RM1.76.

The FBM KLCI was down 2.8 points to 1,596.06. Turnover was 1.02 billion shares valued at RM661.94mil. There were 221 gainers, 358 losers and 311 stocks unchanged.

Analysts had said the decline in MRCB share price was due to the lack of news including its involvement in the development of the Rubber Research Institute land in Sungai Buloh.

Recently, MRCB said it was open to selling its Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) expressway back to the Government following the latter's decision to review the company's toll concession mooted in 2008.

MRCB chairman Tan Sri Azlan Zainol was quoted saying the cost of the EDL was estimated at around RM1.4bil, and he hoped a decision to be made in May.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went there for a vacation recently. 'Quayside' - a luxury development is very popular with Singaporeans there. All in their millions!

Sounds like a nice place, are you thinking of getting one?

Wow!

But unfortunately I am not vested there!

Sob! Sob!

Not too late but the price, no offense to LF folks, for that price I rather get East Ledang.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
So it seemed popularist govt might not always be no good.. At least every now and then they will do something for the people to win votes..
Imagine if our govt do the same thing to foreign property buyers.. Foreigners cannot buy HDBs but can only buy private 2M and above, I guess the HDB prices will become affordable and the private properties prices will soar.. Also rental will be good..

Sometimes, they need to do things for the people or at least to be seen doing so.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear all, do change your password regularly especially for old timers. Couldn't login in for much of yesterday.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wow , u must be very very young. My era dun hv such thing n my parent won't do it de.

Mine is from the ultra tough love era, our time nobody will do that. Everyone is busy working, pretty much on our own back then.

As of now , I won't move back. I dun mind to send my kids to school since I have to go to work too. If I am a housewife , I am also ok to send them to study in sg.

Kudos to you, my wife won't move back too.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi homeinjb,

Congrats, welcome to the club!! As long as you avoid SCB and ask around the banks before committing. Always best to go straight to developer!! Yes, that's progressive payments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.