• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi!, plz suggest which banks should i approach and how to get their contact details.
Can i approach bankers in Singapore and ask them to connect me to their counterparts in JB
Alternatively are there any good bankers that u have come across. Please advice

hi homeinjb

congrats on yr new purchase ! wow last week you were still discussing NI with me and so fast u bought HH liao .
Anyway , happy for you !
When dealing with banks , please check with them any set up fees ,misc or postages charges .
They usually wont mention till u sign e dotted lines with them ....
how come u so confident u can get 90% loan ? The banks has tightened their loan policy now ....
Its better to plan at 85% then u can work out your payments ....
Avoid Uxx as I currently have bad experiences with them .....
When i bought NI , my sales exec will help me to contact the banks and send them my info.
U can try to inquiry thru respective banks via website , they will get in touch with u shortly.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am glad you did get started as well. We still have many doubting Thomases who are still doubting even now, 3 years plus down the road. Again
its not for everyone i guess. Have to give up sometime, sent my final email to people i really care about a couple of days ago. Probably will be the last
one too.

aiyo , all this people , dont they find your sincerity in your emails or conversations with them ?
If I have known u few yrs ago , now i would be a HH homes owner liao .....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apology for coming back late as I had login problem yesterday.

It seems making Singaporeans pay is the path of least resistance for the politicians without risk of losing votes. Just hope the politicians are also mindful that it is very important that Iskandar succeed and Singaporeans are key players in its success. My bet is the govt would work out something that is not too drastic.

Used the EDL yesterday, while visiting JPO for the first time yesterday. I am struggling to see how the Malaysians can implement a toll charge by May'12 with no gantries being set-up as yet, save for the touch-n-go installed at the customs. But payment at the customs would go against Najib's promise that people who do not use the EDL need not pay. If they just target SG cars, they have to bear in mind that there are a sizeable no of Malaysians driving SG cars to work. Also the PAP is likely to engage in a tit-for-tat surcharge on Malaysian cars.

I think there are 2 likely scenarios. First is a booth set-up just before the Pusat Bandaraya/customs exit. That will take some time, definately not by May'12, going at the current speed. The second scenario is the Malaysian govt buying over EDL, and letting everyone use for free prior to the elections, before installing the gantries after the elections. Both scenarios are equally possible in my view...... Haha......

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A friendly reminder.

iProperty.com EXPO International Collection starts today at;
Sands Expo & Convention Centre (20-22 April)
http://expo.iproperty.com/expo/sands_expo_convention_centre_singapore2/

Showcasing prized developments from Malaysia, Australia, Thailand and the United States;
Mah Sing Properties, UEM Land, Horizon Hills Development, OZ Property Group, ECG Holdings, TSR Ocean Park, Mudra Tropika, Dijaya Corporation, CTL Group, Elite Forward,
Hatten International, and Mahabuilders

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Highlighted as requested. Thanks

Although the tone and language used may not be appropriate, the incident behind such cases are sometimes unfortunately
real.

Just like the highlighting of crime or bad news by individuals both well meaning and otherwise, i never took anything down as
i just to give everyone a balanced overview. Detractors can check, none of your posts were ever deleted.

Even the officers attending to me and my friends used almost the same words on us when i accompanied them although they
said it softly, the words were real. Living here or becoming a PR is 2 different matters.

To prove me wrong, i will actually follow up this weekend with all 3 of my friends who applied for PR and 2 have
been here 10 years, 1 of them has MM2H.

I will look for post #3292 for this thread to see if it needs follow up.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
A friendly reminder.

iProperty.com EXPO International Collection starts today at;
Sands Expo & Convention Centre (20-22 April)
http://expo.iproperty.com/expo/sands_expo_convention_centre_singapore2/

Showcasing prized developments from Malaysia, Australia, Thailand and the United States;
Mah Sing Properties, UEM Land, Horizon Hills Development, OZ Property Group, ECG Holdings, TSR Ocean Park, Mudra Tropika, Dijaya Corporation, CTL Group, Elite Forward,
Hatten International, and Mahabuilders

Thanks for letting us know. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Saw the posting below, its the same one. Diaspora was responding to the posting from another forummer,
winners who like me, was at first keen.

Again living here and applying for PR are 2 different things. I was keen to find out more about the PR stuff
as well but....... Still, i have no complains as every country is entitled to put stringent laws about the people
they let migrate in.

Every single country except Singapore and perharps some African nations. Even Tonga tightened its rules.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks Wuqi!, plz suggest which banks should i approach and how to get their contact details.
Can i approach bankers in Singapore and ask them to connect me to their counterparts in JB
Alternatively are there any good bankers that u have come across. Please advice

Likely HLB, OCBC, Public Bank as well. UOB is cutting down on doing loans like these.
Don't do the SG - MY thing, most banks will serve you well here local or otherwise.
These days are very different.

The one i used most often and so far the best: Kate Tee, she now works at OCBC: +60 16 660 8420

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a kind of stamp duty that tie to the loan. Check with the HH sales person serving you. I am using HSBC. They work fine for me..

Need ur opinion, why we need to pay additional 0.5% as stamp duty. Not sure if there are other hidden surprises as well.
BTW, will u be able to PM me the details of payment i need to fork out (based on 90% loan for 25 years term)

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
aiyo , all this people , dont they find your sincerity in your emails or conversations with them ?
If I have known u few yrs ago , now i would be a HH homes owner liao .....

Unfortunately no, as recently as a couple of days back, people still asked me what property company i am with or what angle i am on.

I guess everyone is too jaded with every other person trying to sell your something. Its either MLM, insurance or some other thing.
You asked them to buy Canadian maple years back when gold was low, they think you are a dealer. You asked them to buy some shares, they think you are stockbroker. You helped them win some, lose some but in the end overall make some but no no no, you words still never good enough.

Then you ask them to buy house, physical house in estates in Singapore which were 800k back then, no no no, you must be a property
agent, oh we are afraid of the house being too big, etc. Then 3 years back ask them to buy in Johore. Again no. You ask them to buy a terrace house here, they said they will buy bungalow, in the end nothing. To be fair, bungalow is only below 2m back then, i could have easily bought with the houses i bought at one go but i just smiled and politely gave him the developer guy (back then a good friend) numbers. I don't think he ever called though.

I wonder, especially in the case of some who were my fathers side friends, is it like what my dad said. Is it because they cheated him in the past
and felt guilty and hence never believed for a moment, that the son of their victim is not taking revenge as it was the earlier/older generation thing?

Somehow their guilt or fear is keeping them away from happiness, that is really sad. I told my dad to forgive those who transgressed against him just ask he has transgressed against others as well. In a word of fairness though, my dad is a good man (in my book) although he takes care of others more than his family sometimes, he really was good to others even when they took him for granted and yet they cheated him.

Is it 100% that everyone will need to seek revenge? I don't and never saw the need to. Why carry on the hatred to the next generation. Else like what my wife always said, my backyard and garden will have lots of shallow graves.

Sometimes, because of the darkness of ones heart, even a silver of light is feared. :(

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
There is a kind of stamp duty that tie to the loan. Check with the HH sales person serving you. I am using HSBC. They work fine for me..

Agree with bro arsenal, always compare as different banks has different packages.

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately no, as recently as a couple of days back, people still asked me what property company i am with or what angle i am on.

I guess everyone is too jaded with every other person trying to sell your something. Its either MLM, insurance or some other thing.
You asked them to buy Canadian maple years back when gold was low, they think you are a dealer. You asked them to buy some shares, they think you are stockbroker. You helped them win some, lose some but in the end overall make some but no no no, you words still never good enough.

Then you ask them to buy house, physical house in estates in Singapore which were 800k back then, no no no, you must be a property
agent, oh we are afraid of the house being too big, etc. Then 3 years back ask them to buy in Johore. Again no. You ask them to buy a terrace house here, they said they will buy bungalow, in the end nothing. To be fair, bungalow is only below 2m back then, i could have easily bought with the houses i bought at one go but i just smiled and politely gave him the developer guy (back then a good friend) numbers. I don't think he ever called though.

I've mentioned to a few friends about buying Iskandar properties, but most either smiled and didn't say anything.

One asked a bit more, but no reply after that, when i said i could show him the Impiana brochure (he had an unsuccessful attempt to buy a French property last year -- imagine, after submitting all the paperwork including proof of HDB title deed, they rejected almost all buyers, as they wanted proof that buyers had the property purchase price amount in their bank accounts!).

Another said he needs to make more money first, which is possibly true, only issue is whether their earnings/savings can be faster than property inflation price.

Another relative has plenty of savings, but husband is very conservative while wife is more aggressive. Husband even exclaimed why we even wanted to buy a property in JB (to them the mention of Iskandar or Johor will evoke the thoughts of JB town -- unsafe, rundown, etc).

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can you hightlight the post so that we can have a better look.

wuqi

he is refering to this post in living in JB 1 , post#16014 dated 3/3 by my neighbour ...

"Well....the 'kulit'-fication factor...not qualification....hahahah...
Anyone heard of chinese singaporean who got malaysian citizenship? "

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
wuqi

he is refering to this post in living in JB 1 , post#16014 dated 3/3 by my neighbour ...

Wow, thanks so far back, i thought it was at the back but not that far back.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I've mentioned to a few friends about buying Iskandar properties, but most either smiled and didn't say anything.

One asked a bit more, but no reply after that, when i said i could show him the Impiana brochure (he had an unsuccessful attempt to buy a French property last year -- imagine, after submitting all the paperwork including proof of HDB title deed, they rejected almost all buyers, as they wanted proof that buyers had the property purchase price amount in their bank accounts!).

Another said he needs to make more money first, which is possibly true, only issue is whether their earnings/savings can be faster than property inflation price.

Another relative has plenty of savings, but husband is very conservative while wife is more aggressive. Husband even exclaimed why we even wanted to buy a property in JB (to them the mention of Iskandar or Johor will evoke the thoughts of JB town -- unsafe, rundown, etc).

Unfortunately, sometimes, the greatest enemy one has is ignorance and oneself. There is no enemy to best but the person in the mirror, it is a daily struggle. :(
I was very guilty of that in the past but i have begun to open my mind.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, sometimes, the greatest enemy one has is ignorance and oneself. There is no enemy to best but the person in the mirror, it is a daily struggle. :(
I was very guilty of that in the past but i have begun to open my mind.

In fairness, it's difficult for singaporeans, esp who have stayed in Singapore all their lives, to consider the possibility of a total change. We must also remember that most Singaporeans accept everything they read in the papers as gospel truth, ie crime rates etc.

If I had not married a Johor PR, I would have been equally sceptical. Like Bro Wuqi, I have asked a few close friends to consider but was either laughed at or met with disbelieving looks. Seeing is believing, but few have even made that step towards viewing that dream property. Some fear that they will be robbed the moment they step into JB.

I will hold a house-warming party when the house is ready and invite them over. Maybe they will be more convinced then instead of spending S$2m and all their lives to chase that freehold terrace dream in SG. But I dont know how many will turn up though. Haha...

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi

Hearsay that actor Andy Lau (Chinese but not Singaporean) was offered MY PR.....

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hearsay that actor Andy Lau (Chinese but not Singaporean) was offered MY PR.....

Malaysian PR or citizenship for foreign Chinese is possible only thru political and special means. People like Mr Teh Hong Piow, a Singaporean, who has been the founder and boss of Public Bank for decades is MPR...though I think he could easily get citizenship if he so wishes, considering the connection and relationship he has with the ruling coalition. MPR or citizenship is possible but the bar is high.

Status
Not open for further replies.