• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, no clue.

Quote:
"Asked on the location, he said: "As you pass the Custom & Immigration Quarantine Complex (CIQ) from Singapore to Malaysia, the first land that you meet on the left, that is Nusajaya West," he said."

From the sound of it, doesn't seem like pelepas and it is further in. Perhaps can go NI office to check out the model, or perhaps bro investor could enlighten

Bro, is this near tanjung pelepas area? I was driving around there last weekend and talked to a Sg plate driver taking a puff by the roadside before that was another Sg car ahead of me. That place is abit ulu now.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another mega project - (equivalent of) mid valley kL in JB (where southkey is)

Bro Jason - stil remember your interests at Southkey :smile: this should be of high interest to you :smile:

http://www.property-report.com/igb-plans-to-develop-a-megamall-in-johor-baru-20129

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/29/business/11008006&sec=business

Thank you bro for good info . Enquired with Southkey developer two months ago , they say all shophouses sold out already . Must wait for future launch which is quite a distance from the mall . I think shopping mall units are not for sale one.

Last edited:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, no clue.

Quote:
"Asked on the location, he said: "As you pass the Custom & Immigration Quarantine Complex (CIQ) from Singapore to Malaysia, the first land that you meet on the left, that is Nusajaya West," he said."

From the sound of it, doesn't seem like pelepas and it is further in. Perhaps can go NI office to check out the model, or perhaps bro investor could enlighten

Here are some more updates. Looks like they are naming this Nusajaya Gateway and will be launched this year:

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/30/business/11015502&sec=business

Last edited:

Andhika

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi All, i am joining the club. Purchased a property @ Setia Tropika. Understd tt most of u bought @ HH but hope those from ST or other could join in gatherings, if any. Something like an overseas sg club. Anyway, re renovation matters. I have some queries on this and general building standards stuff:

1) Anyone fixed a lightning to earth point for their homes or is this always built in?
2) Water tank is only for reserve or during supply disruption? Do all houses have the tank? Is there a water filter attached to it?
3) Power outages frequent? Is there a back up generator or we have to install it?
4) Does our home come with fire insurance?
5) What are some of the maintenence consideration (eg: garden / roofing/etc)
6) Any issues we need to check and clarify with developer so we can know what our rights are?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi All, i am joining the club. Purchased a property @ Setia Tropika. Understd tt most of u bought @ HH but hope those from ST or other could join in gatherings, if any. Something like an overseas sg club. Anyway, re renovation matters. I have some queries on this and general building standards stuff:

1) Anyone fixed a lightning to earth point for their homes or is this always built in? - Normally built in but not very good. If you fix a good and tall one though, your neighbours will praise you as your house will almost always be struck. Best to pool money and get a few guys to erect one. Best if you have a telecommunications tower that is near by to take the brunt of it. Of course, lighting protection is as only as good under the coverage, as in the tower covers the diameter around its centre.

2) Water tank is only for reserve or during supply disruption? Do all houses have the tank? Is there a water filter attached to it? - Most if not all have a water tank on top, its for emergencies and covers the bathroom, some sinks etc. If you install a filter outdoor, the filtered water will still go into your water tank (where lots of crappy stuff is there) unless you bypass it. Thats why it may be best to have a filter at the tap.

3) Power outages frequent? Is there a back up generator or we have to install it? - Not that frequent especially these days, get a UPS or a genset for emergencies. Easily available.

4) Does our home come with fire insurance? - Banks will normally advise and sell this to you. Very likely for the first few years.

5) What are some of the maintenence consideration (eg: garden / roofing/etc) - Roof, always check the roof, then the walls and check to see if there are blockages, electrical wiring, flooding in the garden area, etc.

6) Any issues we need to check and clarify with developer so we can know what our rights are? - Check your DMC, committee (if already handed over)

My two cents worth above.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just to share, one cleaning service i know that does around HH area is:
07 521 4862
012 7270103

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Guys, i have a learned Dr who has a HH golf membership that he would like to give up as he is retired now and not into golf.
Selling for 15k RM only. I am not making anything, if anyone keen, please PM me and i put you guys in touch direct.

muncheah

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm newbie in this forum, but already follow the forum since last year i bought the impiana and fairway suit.
i like this forum very much and get a lots of information too:smile: juz to have deep breath to open the account and join in this BIG FAMILY.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I'm newbie in this forum, but already follow the forum since last year i bought the impiana and fairway suit.
i like this forum very much and get a lots of information too:smile: juz to have deep breath to open the account and join in this BIG FAMILY.

Piacere. Welcome to the outfit, our family, la cosa nostra. :smile:

Last edited:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nusajaya Gateway (west) and Southkey projects... Hmmm BN is desperate to retain Johor in the upcoming elections.

Personally i'll like to put on hold anymore purchases till post-elections and maybe post-Legoland/indoor theme park opening. Any opinions on this?

Another mega project - (equivalent of) mid valley kL in JB (where southkey is)

Bro Jason - stil remember your interests at Southkey :smile: this should be of high interest to you :smile:

http://www.property-report.com/igb-plans-to-develop-a-megamall-in-johor-baru-20129

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/29/business/11008006&sec=business

Here are some more updates. Looks like they are naming this Nusajaya Gateway and will be launched this year:

http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/30/business/11015502&sec=business

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
is it transferable? I am keen to sell at this price too.

Guys, i have a learned Dr who has a HH golf membership that he would like to give up as he is retired now and not into golf.
Selling for 15k RM only. I am not making anything, if anyone keen, please PM me and i put you guys in touch direct.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.