• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cmon, you talk to those Malaysians staying in Spore ( PR ) who have kids who are Sporeans and they themselves look down on Malaysia. I am sure some of these Sporeans young men who looked down on Malaysia as a whole were born in Malaysia in the first place. In my office, there are 20 people of which 5 are born in Spore, 8 born in Malaysia and the rest from Japan, India and China. They all look down on Malaysia

I am not so much bothered by these people.. JB is definitely not the best place in fact no place in the world is the best, they all have their flaws.
I myself work with mostly Singaporean and whenever they question the security issue, i'd tell them go whenever ppl go and don't act smart or doing something stupid like going into dark alleys or come out to pump petro at like 1am in the morning.. you are jus asking for troubles.
This applies to 90% of the cities of this world.

The main issue of course - the effectiveness and efficiencies of many agencies in Malaysia as a whole.. it s changing in a much slower and lower in expectation stage. (Just take it easy and work your own alternatives... )

I will share with them the good stuff here and the reason nowadays i dun spend my big meal or shopping in Singapore.
Reason being, its jus heaven in JB. What we do in Singapore often, is what i am doing in JB as well

Movie?- Usual price RM14. And I love TGV Saturday Citibank 1 for 1 which - RM7 per ticket (or S$3/ticket WTF!!)

Food? - I can go on and on, any street food here is hving much soul over in Sg so its the taste. Restaurant? no problem at all, Jap, Korean, Chinese (the best), Malay, Peranakan.. there is always something there.. we are spoilt with choices and the price??? we all know

Karaoke?- Many nice karaoke (not to mention spaciousness), Loud Speaker, K MOnster, etc etc.... Lunch 2 hrs karaoke in the range of RM20+ per pax

BUbble tea- GOt hooked recently, so much choices here... and the Taiwanese desserts like Big Ball.. yum yum yum

Parking?- You know free car park everywhere. Or park at Jusco with RM1/entry.

Space?- Yes.. space.. even my little apartment seems so big in any HDB flat in Singapore.. not to mention my upcoming 3000+sqft Terrace house.. lol

I love to live here.
hahahaha

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, you are amazing. You're a rare breed -- probably one in a million or five million. Cheers.

Many thanks, i am just a normal guy. There is still at least 2 million of people like me or better in Singapore.
Just that our government unfortunately doesn't recognise it.

If ones own sons and daughters are deemed inferior compared to that of others in terms of quality,
what does that speak of the parent and the teachings provided in the first place?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi, I received a letter from Msia govt, informing me of my income tax ref no. I'm Singaporean and residing in JB but not working in JB. Is there any action I need to take? Anybody also receive such letter?

Thats a very good news. Congrats! Do you have any rental income? I have received. It means you are a tax resident. Not to worry, just go down to the tax building opposite the Angsana shopping mall, get your PIN number and you can ignore it this year. Just next year, you will need to login to their online portal if you have income(lots of deductions that can be applied for tax residents). Else just notify them and you should be fine.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err.......parking is not exactly free leh, unless you are talking about Giant (free) & Jusco (RM1)...... though if you are SG registered car, you may not need to pay the fine, cos parking fines not always linked to traffic police 1..... Haha

Street food & coffeeshop food wise, JB is a match for SG any time. But for variety of fine dining restaurants & night-spots, I feel SG still win lah. Also in JB, you cant get the Hermes, Guccis, Pradas. That said, JB is a fantastic place to retire but not for high paying jobs atm. If you are a businessman, you can get rich very quickly by having the right connections. Its much tougher to do that in SG though.....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Err.......parking is not exactly free leh, unless you are talking about Giant (free) & Jusco (RM1)...... though if you are SG registered car, you may not need to pay the fine, cos parking fines not always linked to traffic police 1..... Haha

Street food & coffeeshop food wise, JB is a match for SG any time. But for variety of fine dining restaurants & night-spots, I feel SG still win lah. Also in JB, you cant get the Hermes, Guccis, Pradas. That said, JB is a fantastic place to retire but not for high paying jobs atm. If you are a businessman, you can get rich very quickly by having the right connections. Its much tougher to do that in SG though.....

You can park at the roadside or at MacDonalds (but they will clamp if you park too long). You can also park opposite at the shoplots and cross over to Jusco. Tesco is still free. Also for those taking CW3, they have a limited lot carpark as well.

The MBJB one isn't but just the same, i go to other peoples countries, i respect the laws, especially their people and even their fines.
This is just my own way of course. One can always get away this time with kopi money but what about the future? What if they take
your fine and the record is still there? I have switched to always asking them to fine nowadays as the risks are not worth it.

As a rule, i follow the "Never offer anything directly before they ask for it."

Agree, its a good place to retire and to relax. Good place to chill out and for those so inclined, the entertainment here can get way wilder.
As for business, absolutely agree. This is a really good place to do business but of course, have to look out for pitfalls, etc.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
The Star/Asia News Network
Thursday, Jun 07, 2012
He said that the retail RON 97 price, in principle, was fixed based on a managed float whereby the monthly price was determined according to market forces.

Really amazing, people will say its probably pre election ploy but i see it as a good gesture nonetheless.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
As i am typing this, total blackout at the Gateway. Just came in to fetch my son as wife is not feeling well. Luckily i have fall back systems in place so can carry on mission.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
As i am typing this, total blackout at the Gateway. Just came in to fetch my son as wife is not feeling well. Luckily i have fall back systems in place so can carry on mission.
QUOTE]

Bro, are Blackouts frequent in HH as a whole or in precincts only, appreciating the fact that you live in The Gateway and might not know if it affects The Golf ??? or the other areas of HH

Last edited by a moderator:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Mainly for the precint as its normally precint specific. A couple of times, there was a blackout, i drove into Golf and it was all lighted brightly.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
To those who live in HH and other GG developments, do you have your HH or GATED and GUARDED car sticker on your windscreen. If not, is it for security reasons? I don't and I find that whwever I go to the clubhouse, I get stopped and have to get a pass!!! I don't mind that, minor inconvienence BUT do notice that cars with the HH stickers get waived on.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
To those who live in HH and other GG developments, do you have your HH or GATED and GUARDED car sticker on your windscreen. If not, is it for security reasons? I don't and I find that whwever I go to the clubhouse, I get stopped and have to get a pass!!! I don't mind that, minor inconvienence BUT do notice that cars with the HH stickers get waived on.

I have it on my cars. Yes i find it more convenient thats all.

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thats a very good news. Congrats! Do you have any rental income? I have received. It means you are a tax resident. Not to worry, just go down to the tax building opposite the Angsana shopping mall, get your PIN number and you can ignore it this year. Just next year, you will need to login to their online portal if you have income(lots of deductions that can be applied for tax residents). Else just notify them and you should be fine.

Thanks for the guidance. May I know the address of the tax building and the cut off date each year?

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have read quite a bit of complaints about Singapore being too costly, too crowded, too aggressive (not laid back). And frustration with policies, but I am never really sure what other policies are wanted?

Is is common to want to reduce the foreign workers (both the rich and poor ones)? What other things do people want?

It seems to me for reducing prices there isn't likely much that is going to work very well. I suppose if hundreds of thousands or a million people were asked to leave prices would come down some. Crowding would go down a bit. The economy would be hurt a great deal by that I would think. Eliminating future immigration would restrain the crowding and price increases some also.

It seems to me Iskandar can help Singapore deal with some issues a great deal (and it can help Malaysia even more which is why the potential is so great - both can gain a great deal). I really am getting more and more concerned about the delays getting back and forth though. Delays are essentially friction that reduce economic gains and will greatly increase people's frustration.

The delays getting back and forth is going to create serious problems for years, it seems to me. I can't see how Iskandar can grow as expected in the next 5 years without a new link being added. As well as a new subway link within 7-10 years. Much of the expectation for Iskandar are based on Singapore - JB cross traffic. It seems to me there is not much more capacity (unless maybe the efficiency of the current capacity can be greatly increased).

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Legoland Malaysia's latest broadcast from their Facebook account, "Good morning all. We had begun testing our rides in LEGOLAND Malaysia! Here’s a picture of our Project X.."

Legoland.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.