• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi EDTBA,
Here's updated pic of alphenor taken from near 2nd guard post.. 2012-04-06 Alphenor.jpg

avalon74

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just back from SEG over weekend.. the circuit breakers keeps tripping through out the night though just turn on the 2 aircons like I did all the time..
Any one had such experience before?

Google & found 3 main causes
1. Circuit overload
2. Short circuit
3. Ground fault

Dun think its overload since same appliance in use, dunno how much will it take to troubleshoot..
btw, will it help if I use a higher rated fuse?

fortylurve

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing.

I too read the Edge article on EDL charges, which they now call a levy (imposed on some cars) instead of a toll (imposed on all cars). I understand the levy applies to Singapore cars which use the EDL to enter Singapore, but not those who use it leaving Singapore. This is to avoid penalising cars going into JB city which do not use the EDL. Not mentioned where the gantries will be located and whether those going into Singapore from JB city will need to pay the levy. Malaysian cars are exempted from the levy for using the EDL. Levy will kick in after the free-use period ending end of April.

Any more up-dates?

geritan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was in JB yesterday and guessed timing was good, cleared Causeway in like 15 mins. Then wanted to try EDL but decided to check out eastern side first and happy to find out that the East Coast Coastal highway is up as well, all the way to Sierra Perdana (15mins drive) but the last stretch to Pasir Gudang still blocked. The traffic has like increased 10 x before the highway was completed. So they say, build it and they will come.

Then headed to Tebrau City and from Permas Jaya and traffic still quite bad. Thought EDL supposed to relieve traffic here?

From Tebrau, then went to Taman Laguna to try out the seafood. Unfortunately stomach starting acting up so while my family enjoyed dinner, I was off in the toilet vomitting. I like the ambience of the place though - Restoran Asli was like so super crowded so we opted for the less crowded Restoran Kah Lin. Can really see Singapore from here. Bro DOA, guess you can really row sampan home. Submarine a bit too much especially low tide, where to hide it? haha

From Taman Laguna, used the open Coastal Highway back to CIQ in 10mins and then cleared Causeway in another 15mins. Was glad that we didn't have jam both ways. Wah if everyday is like that, I might well consider commuting liao...

Traffic along Tebrau highway is about the same as before cos the local M'sian hardly use it. It is convenient if you going to Sin or to JB sentral. For ppl going to Pelangi or Century area, they still prefer to go by Tebrau.
I also heard from my aunty that the local avoid using it before its official opening.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just back from SEG over weekend.. the circuit breakers keeps tripping through out the night though just turn on the 2 aircons like I did all the time..
Any one had such experience before?

Google & found 3 main causes
1. Circuit overload
2. Short circuit
3. Ground fault

Dun think its overload since same appliance in use, dunno how much will it take to troubleshoot..
btw, will it help if I use a higher rated fuse?

I had an experience with this shop at Nusa Bestari.. not Seng Heng but the other big shop.
The worker connected the aircon cabling wrongly thus causing the trip. In fact mine was a double fault which could have killed us. First the ground cabling was not connected and we did not realise it. Because the earth was not connected, the aircon guys did not know that their connection was wrong. All the "earth" points became life when we on the aircon. My wife put her hand into the washing mashine tub full of water and her hand was thrown out... i did not believe, tried, and indeed got a nasty shock.

Better get a proper electrician to check quickly.

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
There was a considerable group of Singaporeans travelling to Pasir Gudang yesterday evening for Malaysian Football League match.

Last edited:

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I would definitely visit again since I didn't get to try the food. My children loved it (or maybe they were just hungry). The first one after turning into the track is Restoran Alam, has its own parking compound. Next one is Restoran Asli. There's this shared parking compound and have to pay RM2 for parking. Yup I think Kah Lin is the furthest one inside after passing some kampung houses. Reached there about 7plus, the place like no business but later about 8 plus, alot more families started streaming in.

Pricewise for five dishes was about RM100. I got steamed cod fish for RM48, personally I think that's really cheap and fresh. That's the only seafood I got. Others are normal zi cha dishes which is delicious too but prices so-so.

I am still waiting for my home loan approval lor.

No point envying the rich lah, the rich also have their own share of problems.

Hello morning bro. Sounds ideal and perfect, isn't it, if the traveling would always be so smooth like a breeze :wink: it's still do-able on some days, just not weekdays :p

That's some coverage of the roads u had travelled yesterday. The coastal highway near Sierra perdana hasn't fully opened yet. Maybe it'll improve but u r right, a lot of developments there are selling like hotcakes now, with the opening of the EDL. So, the volume of traffic will increase, similarly applying to BDO and ST, where the take up rates have increased so much, as shared by some learned bros here.

Hey, sorry for your dinner but now that u have found the way to get there, I don't think anything would stop u re-visiting right? What was the feedback by your family? Is kah Lin the one at the furthest in? What was the damage to the wallet and what did u have? I have yet to try the other 2 restaurants. I would give the first one a miss, but will try the one on the furthest in, next time, as some fellow bros and sis here recommended :smile: yup, in terms of customers, the other 2 restaurants had clearly "No fight"!

Ohhhh ... I dont illegal park my submarine. There is a berthing at danga bay marina. It's still free at the moment (I think), so even if it's low tide, it will be at proper bays :biggrin: yah, on this note, my heart turns sour, thinking and wishing how I wish I could live like the rich does ...

So, what's the latest of your house hunting? :smile:

L

lotus

Newbie here:smile:, what are the new condominium projects thats within 5-10min drive to jb ciq near woodland? Intend to purchase for own stay and travel in to singapore to work on daily basis. Thanks

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, cod fish leh! Don't know what weight it was, but I won't imagine that it was small, so for RM48 was really cheap. I will certainly try it.

I'm glad that u had made a decision. Be abit more patient with the loan application. It will take about 2.5 weeks :smile:

No I would definitely visit again since I didn't get to try the food. My children loved it (or maybe they were just hungry). The first one after turning into the track is Restoran Alam, has its own parking compound. Next one is Restoran Asli. There's this shared parking compound and have to pay RM2 for parking. Yup I think Kah Lin is the furthest one inside after passing some kampung houses. Reached there about 7plus, the place like no business but later about 8 plus, alot more families started streaming in.

Pricewise for five dishes was about RM100. I got steamed cod fish for RM48, personally I think that's really cheap and fresh. That's the only seafood I got. Others are normal zi cha dishes which is delicious too but prices so-so.

I am still waiting for my home loan approval lor.

No point envying the rich lah, the rich also have their own share of problems.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's scary. Was it kek seng?

I had an experience with this shop at Nusa Bestari.. not Seng Heng but the other big shop.
The worker connected the aircon cabling wrongly thus causing the trip. In fact mine was a double fault which could have killed us. First the ground cabling was not connected and we did not realise it. Because the earth was not connected, the aircon guys did not know that their connection was wrong. All the "earth" points became life when we on the aircon. My wife put her hand into the washing mashine tub full of water and her hand was thrown out... i did not believe, tried, and indeed got a nasty shock.

Better get a proper electrician to check quickly.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I planted a luo han song in the garden. Yesterday I found a bird nest on the tree...
Nice.. First time seen something like that in my life!

I am looking forward for the baby birds and give him some good treats..

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's so sweet. When u juggle your football, make sure u don't lose control and hit the tree hor ... Goooo gunners! :biggrin:

I planted a luo han song in the garden. Yesterday I found a bird nest on the tree...

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. For resale, best to check this, also the roof, dampness and termites problem. Better be safe than sorry.

Yes DOA. Dont play play with electrical stuff. Each time when i bought a resale flat, i make a point to do a rewiring of the whole house. Safety come first.

As i am homeless as far as JB is concerned, cant help much. Maybe u guys can update some certified electricians for the benefits of JB dwellers....

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?108113-Handy-Man-Number

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice! Im looking forward to plant my own trees in the garden as well!

By the way, where can we look for trees in JB?

EDTBA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi EDTBA,
Here's updated pic of alphenor taken from near 2nd guard post..View attachment 4428

Hi avalon74,

Thanks for the pic, its very well taken :-) Looks like the buildings are about completed. The signing of the SPA is arranged for next Saturday.

Sorry to read about the electrical problem in your house. Better engage a reputable electrician to check the whole house. This problem should not be taken lightly.

Last edited:

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was kid I liked to shoot birds.. Now I would like to bring up these birdies and let them fly freely and be happy birds..

Along the road from giant to sutera mall, there are 3 nurseries... they have everything under the sun..

Nice! Im looking forward to plant my own trees in the garden as well!

By the way, where can we look for trees in JB?

That's so sweet. When u juggle your football, make sure u don't lose control and hit the tree hor ... Goooo gunners! :biggrin:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro rogue, on top of what bro gunner has mentioned, at the east side, there is one big nursery I saw, looked very very impressive. If u drive from tesco seri alam, travel along pasir gudang highway towards plentong/permas jaya, u will see a very big nursery on your left, with a lot of amazingly crafted trees at the entrance. Try to spot it next time while u r there. I don't know the price tho.

I went into 2 of the nurseries that bro gunner mentioned. The 2 of them are located outside the casania houses, and there is a durian stall outside the nursery. The prices there are reasonably cheap.

Bro gunner, where is the 3rd place ar? Btw, why don't u rare some birds too? U can set up a room with jungle-like settings, let them fly freely, sing to each other everyday and live happily ever after, together :wink: :wink: sounds like those bed-time story... Zzzz... I'm singing a lullaby now ....

When I was kid I liked to shoot birds.. Now I would like to bring up these birdies and let them fly freely and be happy birds..

Along the road from giant to sutera mall, there are 3 nurseries... they have everything under the sun..

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Great, setting birds free is a good deed. Birds also choose where they build their nest, its normally considered good luck when birds choose to come to your place to nest.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Can drink la, I'm sure haha, nothing worse from drinking from tap :p But I have reserve on the ozone thingy, killing smells and bacteria without even the need of using hand wash detergent. So, I came home, did some research but I won't share la, since u have bought it. In short, nesh is not as receptive by those residents in KL. They mainly go with amway, coway, pana sonic or bacfree. Having said that, the water there is full of m&d/sands, so maybe nesh doesn't do as good a job on this, hence lowly ranked by them.

I find that water in JB is still decently clean, as in not brown nor smelly, so nesh might be popular in jb?

Based on the price, look, system and quality of coway and nesh I saw at their booths, I would go with coway, if I was to buy it without research. They even poured a cup for me to drink.

Sorry hor bro, just my honest feedback, since u and crystal asked.

For me, i still go with direct filter on the tap and mainly with Osim stuff. Still personal preference from me as i filter everything from the tank on the 2nd floor. Yes agree, not that bad except new houses where there is still lots of stuff sometimes, best to filter even with simple ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.