• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh is it?? With such an initial that u guys have given me, I'm actually surprised that the toto fortune still hasn't landed on my door ... Maybe I wasnt praying humbly enough :biggrin:

How is it pronounced? DoA as in du-ah?

Next time when I pass by there, I'll try to spot that ads for u again :smile:

Du'a in arabic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dua_(Islam)

I suppose in Malay has to pronounce as DOA as in supplication. If pronounce as DU'A, it means TWO. :smile:

Tks for the lookout for the adv, DOA.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi Doa,

Actually that area isnt too bad, we were there before the golf cse got de.veloped, abit run down. Its ok now, will be better soon as a year plus ago, they showed us some information so there will be lots of new development. Most of the new shophouses that are yet to be built are already taken up. That stretch opposite the One2eat cafe

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Austin still have a lot ongoing at the moment. The entire plot along Austin golf is yet to be developed. They have launched one small plot recently, worth checking out. Water theme park, lifestyle mall etc are in the pipelines. Many locals prefer that area over anywhere else ..

I visited the huge Austin Golf Club house. The view from there is majestic like in a palace ground. One drawback is the further distance from Singapore.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw a signboard designating the area Austin perdana. It seems it covers the places like lake casita, lake palm, lake palazzo , lake villa, Austin regency.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey DOA

I wish to up yr reputation for some of your valuable posts but it will be better if u post it in the respective threads ie , Pets , renovation and makan threads ....else it defeats the purpose for having different threads with regards to the title. And have to search from this main thread all over again

Thanks

Wuqi
Btw , did u locked the renovation thread accidentally?

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
We took the edl from Setia Tropika towards Singapore at around 5.40am this morning. It was a breeze 15 mins drive to the CIQ. Really easy to navigate as there are signboards towards all destinations along the way. No charges yet for now.

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi whoami,

I was up north two weeks ago to check out the Austin area. Came from Kempas area and first taman would be Adda Heights, followed by Bandar Dato'Onn, then Seri Austin, Setia Indah and Setia Eco Cascadia before heading southwards again towards Austin Perdana and Desa Tebrau and Jusco etc.

Seri Austin is located on a hill but it is the northenmost development. Surroundings all plantation land and one of its key features is there are no overhead cables... if that interests you. Also provides free Unifi services for two years. Starting price for terraces is RM389K. Currently the only commercial area there is in Setia Indah. Rest of the area still not built up yet.

But Dato 'Onn development is really really huge. Saw many many many almost completed houses there. Guess once people start moving in, the commerce will join in too.

Went to check out Setia Eco Cascadia too but showroom was under reno so didn't get to see it. They have like 8 different designs so quite spoilt for choice. Starting price is RM509K for the Mahagony terrace.

Actually the first property that caught my eye when I started searching was Austin Suites by Mah Sing which is part of Austin Perdana I guess. It is a serviced apartment with GRR but seems like take up is quite low cos still advertising after 1 year. If I am not wrong, got quite a few other apartments there as well so I guess could be due to competition.

Actually what I did was to buy a street directory of JB and Kulaijaya by GPS Directory for about RM25 from Popular. With the directory, it is easier to see what is where and i suppose can show taxi uncle next time where you want to go.

Hope this helps.

Reason I asked cos tat day was at Jln Ah Fook area near City Sq. Saw this big poster/banner advertising Austin precinct with nice pic scenery including bukit (hills). So just took a cab but the ah pek took me for a ride and went to the wrong Austin. :smile:Till today still havent go tere look c look c.:(

Tks for those link, DOA.

Anyway ur initial in malay mean supplication. :smile:

skyziz

Alfrescian
Loyal
First and foremost, this is a very warm family here :wink: Can't resist the warmth, so just joint :wink:

With the new opening of EDL, which particular taman(s) does/do it help? I'm currently looking around, looks like everywhere had increased quite tremendously from last year. Everywhere north of Bukit Indah area (further away from Tuas) are asking like beyond RM5/600k range, which makes Nusa Idaman reasonable at RM450,888? But security wise... not sure, provided the unpleasant precinct 6's incident.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi whoami,

I was up north two weeks ago to check out the Austin area. Came from Kempas area and first taman would be Adda Heights, followed by Bandar Dato'Onn, then Seri Austin, Setia Indah and Setia Eco Cascadia before heading southwards again towards Austin Perdana and Desa Tebrau and Jusco etc. Yes, u are right. The taxi brought us to the wrong Austin precinct. Now I remember. He brought us somewhere near Austin perdana which is not wat we requested. Saw Setia Indah tere. Really big mass of landed houses there. Like pack of cards! Later then he realised was the wrong place. Then he U-turn and fetched us to Sri Austin.

Seri Austin is located on a hill but it is the northenmost development. Surroundings all plantation land and one of its key features is there are no overhead cables... if that interests you. Also provides free Unifi services for two years. Starting price for terraces is RM389K. Currently the only commercial area there is in Setia Indah. Rest of the area still not built up yet. Yes, we were tere. We passes by Adda Heights and BO. Prices for terraces reasonable. But the distance fm JB...woooo....very far ya...

But Dato 'Onn development is really really huge. Saw many many many almost completed houses there. Guess once people start moving in, the commerce will join in too. Got to agree with u on this. Infact when i was at DO couple of years back it was really a turnoff. Surrounding area all kepala sawit. Real cheap tat time. But wat surprises me this time is tat practically all the units taken up. They are even building bungalows now!

Went to check out Setia Eco Cascadia too but showroom was under reno so didn't get to see it. They have like 8 different designs so quite spoilt for choice. Starting price is RM509K for the Mahagony terrace. Eco stuff not my Mrs cup of tea. Dia seram (scare).

Actually the first property that caught my eye when I started searching was Austin Suites by Mah Sing which is part of Austin Perdana I guess. It is a serviced apartment with GRR but seems like take up is quite low cos still advertising after 1 year. If I am not wrong, got quite a few other apartments there as well so I guess could be due to competition.

Actually what I did was to buy a street directory of JB and Kulaijaya by GPS Directory for about RM25 from Popular. With the directory, it is easier to see what is where and i suppose can show taxi uncle next time where you want to go. Will take not of ur idea, mate.

Hope this helps.

Actually some of the precincts i went were quite appealling. I like area with landscaping eg lakes. The present precinct at DO do have. But units facing the lakes, as usual, all taken up.

Tks bro for ur reply..

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok. Austin is really big and u r right whoami, all different developers

SEri Austin - umland
http://www.umland.com.my/austin/austin.htm

Austin perdana - mah sing (also same area leh)
http://www.mahsing.com.my/index.php?option=com_property_details&id=2&tab=5

Austin heights - as above

From what I understand, Austin's original plot of land is really huge. They did not have the financial muscle to develop everything entirely on their own, so they started selling plots of land to other developers, and kept the so-called 'ideal' plots for themselves (ie Austin Heights). Traffic at the Austin shophouses can be pretty bad though. Proximity to Jusco Tebrau, and the vibrant shophouses there are their strong selling points. I heard the security's pretty gd as well but personally I just find the place a bit too jammed for my liking.

For Setia Eco Casadia, its not my or the Mrs cup of tea. We find the built-up too small for the price paid, and distance is a bit further out. Their strong point is their cool landscaping. I think the older Setia developments like Setia Tropika offer better value for money, if anyone is keen on a Setia development......

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
But Dato 'Onn development is really really huge. Saw many many many almost completed houses there. Guess once people start moving in, the commerce will join in too. Got to agree with u on this. Infact when i was at DO couple of years back it was really a turnoff. Surrounding area all kepala sawit. Real cheap tat time. But wat surprises me this time is tat practically all the units taken up. They are even building bungalows now!

Actually some of the precincts i went were quite appealling. I like area with landscaping eg lakes. The present precinct at DO do have. But units facing the lakes, as usual, all taken up.

I was there last mth to view my house and the development was very fast paced! they are almost complete now since I last visited the place at the end of last year. Pretty happy with the pace and quality.

and I saw they are building showouses for the P12 now...with banglows of 60x100 and 80x100..I think, if my memory serves me correct!!...it's another huge developnment next to the current site and just right next to Adda Heights!

Yes, I think once this place is up...it's going to be congested..it's just like ST.....hit the highway and you will hit EDL in 15 mins...just what our sis here mentioned!! hahahahha....:wink::biggrin::biggrin:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic congestion is always a bugbear but you can't run away from it because it goes to prove that the location is good! You want absolute peace and tranquility I'm sure you know where to go to ... :biggrin:

spidey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traffic congestion is always a bugbear but you can't run away from it because it goes to prove that the location is good! You want absolute peace and tranquility I'm sure you know where to go to ... :biggrin:

agree...can't have the best of both worlds...if no congestion means no economic activity and economy will slide...and ppl can't afford houses...and if no demand, no supply....everything will come to a standstill! :biggrin:

to overcome this is probably get a place that is deep in the taman....not next to the main roads/ or junction...:p

What I hope to see at DO is the more development of the commercial area - only saw a row of shophouses at the main junction....and dunno if this place will come up or not....if got Banks and fast food set up brances there, then definitely will make the place "ong"!!!:o

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
a bit far-fetched ???

Tide of tourists for Mersing Laguna

MERSING Laguna will transform the skyline of the east coast town of Johor and bring in at least 1.2 million visitors a year upon its full completion in 2021.

The project, touted as a match for the Nusantara tourism zone in Bali, Indonesia, is expected to encourage tourists to stay longer in town instead of merely transiting there en route to nearby islands.

Last year, about 230,000 people visited the islands off Mersing.

Tourism Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen said the country received 24.6 million tourists last year, and expects to receive 36 million by 2020 -- a figure to which Mersing Laguna is expected to contribute significantly.

"Most tourists usually use Mersing as the transit point to get to neighbouring islands.

"For the town to prosper, we need to create more tourism products to appeal to the various classes of tourists so that they will consider staying. Mersing Laguna will help to realise this," she said on Saturday after receiving a briefing on the project from the developer Radiant Starfish Development Bhd's senior vice-president Ungku Shahiran Safian.

The project features 22 hotels -- including an RM350-million five-star resort --an RM30 million tourist jetty and an RM50 million waterfront walk. It will also have an aquarium, a golf course and a polo park.

Ng said Mersing Laguna would, like Nusantara in Bali, be a special tourism zone with everything under one roof.

"As this is an important project under the Eastern Corridor Economic Region, the government will install all necessary infrastructure to enhance accessibility to Mersing from Johor Baru.

"The project spillover will be enormous. It will boost the local economy, create jobs and enhance the standard of living for the locals.

"I hope the locals will change their mindset and keep their town clean and ensure maximum hygiene in all eateries," she said

Read more: Tide of tourists for Mersing Laguna - Johor - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/tide-of-tourists-for-mersing-laguna-1.69544#ixzz1qrJAqfhe

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
What I hope to see at DO is the more development of the commercial area - only saw a row of shophouses at the main junction....and dunno if this place will come up or not....if got Banks and fast food set up brances there, then definitely will make the place "ong"!!!:o

Got KFC college already. This school no stress one..

Homework
Tests
Exams

All..CHICKEN.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, much have been discussed about MRTA.

Don't seem to be able to find discussion on MLTA.

I know the theories/concepts of MRTA and MLTA. To complicate it further, I also want to compare these two products against life insurance.

I had a search through Mr Google, gathered quite a bit of info but I'm unable to come to a conclusion. I'm deciding between MLTA and life insurance. Would like to hear from u all on the product that u would choose, or have chosen, and why.

P/s: to add on, this is in the context of a flexi loan where the tenure/repayment period varies in an unpredictable way

Much thanks!

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was there last mth to view my house and the development was very fast paced! they are almost complete now since I last visited the place at the end of last year. Pretty happy with the pace and quality.

and I saw they are building showouses for the P12 now...with banglows of 60x100 and 80x100..I think, if my memory serves me correct!!...it's another huge developnment next to the current site and just right next to Adda Heights!

Yes, I think once this place is up...it's going to be congested..it's just like ST.....hit the highway and you will hit EDL in 15 mins...just what our sis here mentioned!! hahahahha....:wink::biggrin::biggrin:

Yes. They are building bungalows too. But their designs lost out to Adda Heights, imo.

wufucheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.puterim.com/joomla/index.php

Dia log 20 March 2012

Johor Developments: The Mass Rapid Transit system has just had a boost, with a RM8.2 billion underground tunnel contract being awarded to MMC and Gamuda.

Then, if this is what Singaporeans and residents of Johor want, an international school “with a Singapore touch” will soon be an option: Excelsior International School will be situated at Seri Alam. It is jointly being developed by Raffles Campus Pte Ltd and Seri Alam Properties Sdn Bhd. The school will have state-of-the-art facilities on 20 acres which will offer from kindergarden classes for three year olds, all the way through to pre-university.

UnQuote

Status
Not open for further replies.