• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mallow

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Lost my specs (bad week) but still went ahead to SG and just came back. Drove in all the way to SG and back using nothing but the "force"
Was clear all the way from first link to my place although there was quite a few SG cars coming in to Johore when i came in via first link. "

Strongly suggest you keep a spare pair in the car - even though your eyes may not be anywhere as myopic as mine.
Best prices are in Mangga Dua in Jakarta, failing which Kip Mart or similar will give you a reasonable deal for a pair good enough for such emergencies. Truly not worth the risk to yourself or others - and others are all to be regarded as dangerous drivers.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
"Lost my specs (bad week) but still went ahead to SG and just came back. Drove in all the way to SG and back using nothing but the "force"
Was clear all the way from first link to my place although there was quite a few SG cars coming in to Johore when i came in via first link. "

Strongly suggest you keep a spare pair in the car - even though your eyes may not be anywhere as myopic as mine.
Best prices are in Mangga Dua in Jakarta, failing which Kip Mart or similar will give you a reasonable deal for a pair good enough for such emergencies. Truly not worth the risk to yourself or others - and others are all to be regarded as dangerous drivers.

Good suggestion. I also try to keep my old spec with my passport together so that I wouldn't forget. For me I do not think I could manage driving without spec.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
deal.com.sg http://www.deal.com.sg/deals/singap...ar-Mutiara-Hotel-Includes-LEGOLAND-Theme-Park

2D1N LEGOLAND® Theme Park, Stay at 5-Star Mutiara Hotel
3 Price Options Available (Min 2 Pax):
2D1N Stay at 5-Star Mutiara Hotel (Twin & Triple Sharing) – Only $188 per pax instead of $220
2D1N Stay at 5-Star Mutiara Hotel (Child with Bed) – Only $165 per pax instead of $198
2D1N Stay at 5-Star Mutiara Hotel (Child without Bed) – Only $130 Instead of $168
Package Includes:
2-Way Super Deluxe Coach
Buffet Breakfast
Premium Outlet Tour
Tour Guide Service
LEGOLAND® Theme Park:
76 acres of adventure geared with family fun
Packed full of more than 40 rides, shows and attractions
Centerpiece of the park is the MINILAND; which is created from over 25 million Lego bricks

Nomadoi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Nomadoi

Welcome. U are well on the way already with a loft in the sky :smile:

Thank you! I am very much way backward compare to many here:smile:. New to this forum and was surprise to see my reputation increased. It was from our big brother here, thank you! I seriously don't deserve it. Hopefully one day I would start contributing but with so many experts here I am quite skeptical:p

My dream (plan) in JB.
1)Start with a holiday home ( weekend ).
2)Buy a landrover 4WD, go on a 4WD trek at least once a month.
3)buy a house and stay in JB, plant some fruit trees, every weekend drive holiday exploring other states, golf, dive, Makan, shoot (pictures) etc...

However, the most arduous task now............find the monies to do that....:*:

Once again many thanks to the big brother for the points, pls feel free to take from me to give another more deserving bro or sis anytime..... Happy weekend to all!

Last edited:

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome!
We purchased from phase 8A but there are a few who own houses in phase 8B (who have already made their introductions :smile:).
Did you purchase for own stay (that's us) or are you planning to rent out?

Hi,.

I just purchase a unit at 8b nusa idaman.
I wonder anyone here purchase a unit at there?

Last edited:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried before.. just looked blur and don't know what language they are talking about.. When the traffic piled up, they "lan lan" will let you go...

Much as i despise the Malaysian police, i have never been booked for not speeding in the 200k km i clocked over 4 years. Every time i get booked the speed they read to me is close to my own estimate. Still have one outstanding ticket (that fateful day i felt a bit pissed at them hence dint offer money, to their disappointment). Have been waiting for a while still don't see the "discount" period some bros talk about.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is why many people have this perception that driving a S plate car in Malaysia automatically means the driver is a pure Sporean. I can say about 60% are SPR judging from the amount of "wave-past " S-plate cars in the Malaysia custom while entering Spore over the past 10 years.

Now with so many foreigners in SG, really cannot assume S plate car in Malaysia is driven by pure Singaporean, they could be driven by not just Malaysians but any other nationalities..That day at Tesco car park, I saw a Pinoy family of three coming out from their S plate car..FTs are coming to JB too..

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now with so many foreigners in SG, really cannot assume S plate car in Malaysia is driven by pure Singaporean, they could be driven by not just Malaysians but any other nationalities..That day at Tesco car park, I saw a Pinoy family of three coming out from their S plate car..FTs are coming to JB too..

FTs have indeed become localised. I have spotted Pinoys and China people at carparks. The other day i overheard two Chinese women discussing whether they should place a coupon and they concluded it was not necessary since other cars did not display coupon.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Much as i despise the Malaysian police, i have never been booked for not speeding in the 200k km i clocked over 4 years. Every time i get booked the speed they read to me is close to my own estimate. Still have one outstanding ticket (that fateful day i felt a bit pissed at them hence dint offer money, to their disappointment). Have been waiting for a while still don't see the "discount" period some bros talk about.

The discount will come bro lemans. Usually nearing their independence day. Well thats what i remember. At that time i didnt know d discount applicable to all including non-msian. Got 50% discount. Was pleasantly surprised. Paid at the TP HQ near 1st link.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros/sis my Macs expiring soon (end of May). My qn is can I renew before expiry or do i nd to wait after it has expired. And Is Macs still has booth at Jusco or any other place other than their CIQ?

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
The discount will come bro lemans. Usually nearing their independence day. Well thats what i remember. At that time i didnt know d discount applicable to all including non-msian. Got 50% discount. Was pleasantly surprised. Paid at the TP HQ near 1st link.

OK tq very much.. the last time they refused RM50 and asked fro S$50 from me and i ended up a big carrot paying RM80... in that case i will pay RM150 to the govt rather

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Erm , e recent I Kenna red light , within a few days I checked in e web , already auto discounted 50% so I paid rm150 only.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros/sis my Macs expiring soon (end of May). My qn is can I renew before expiry or do i nd to wait after it has expired. And Is Macs still has booth at Jusco or any other place other than their CIQ?

U can renew anytime u like as the expire day is 1 yr later after u renew . I think should hv mobile stations during school holidays.

angelgemini

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome!
We purchased from phase 8A but there are a few who own houses in phase 8B (who have already made their introductions :smile:).
Did you purchase for own stay (that's us) or are you planning to rent out?

Own stay, but just wonder was it too big for me and my gf stay only?
So any of you driving back to singapore work every morning?
if yes, than can consider having car pool.......

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
crystal_tiong said:
Was told left a few intermediate lots only.

Thank you Crystal sis... Good to know as I have not been to the sales office in a long time... Other than the show units in precinct 8b, any other new show units open for viewing? Would like to bring my family there jalan jalan...

Status
Not open for further replies.