• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Any Honda Expert here?

HellAngel

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of getting a Honda car for the coming year.

Heard from friends that CVT engines has problem. Many become jerky or have problem starting after 2 or 3 years.

Anyone here enccounter this?

Charlie258

Alfrescian
Loyal

Heard from friends that CVT engines has problem. Many become jerky or have problem starting after 2 or 3 years.

Why not get a Nissan Sunny or a Toyota Vios or Altis? Never heard of trouble from a NIssan or a Toyota. :biggrin:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get this car. Fuel consumption 15km/L. Spacious interior.

Aerodynamic.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Yo bro COE making cars so expensive still thinking of buying car ah? If like Honda cars try to get those imported from Japan suing this period. Honda factory badly flooded heard here in Thailand some hora cars now may be affected by floods but refurbished I think this no joke. Anyway since COE now so expensive consider buy some higher end cars la I can afford make it more worth.

Get this car. Fuel consumption 15km/L. Spacious interior.

Aerodynamic.jpg

Hi KYP! Long time no see. Hope everything's well for you. Happy New Year.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
joetys said:
Yo bro COE making cars so expensive still thinking of buying car ah? If like Honda cars try to get those imported from Japan suing this period. Honda factory badly flooded heard here in Thailand some hora cars now may be affected by floods but refurbished I think this no joke.

Any lobang on the Honda cars they are scrapping?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I no expert but if u worry, then get models that run on the old vtec engine. no sure which models made in thailand but i believe the higher end models still made in japan.

not i want to put japanese brands down, but jap cars are now expensive due to high yen so why not look at some continental brands, ie. Skoda which under the skin is basically a volkwagen. all models come with the exellent VW DSG gearbox. The smaller cc models come with turbo so will be paying less roadtax while having the same power as a bigger cc car. :biggrin: best of all, made in czech republic.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Any lobang on the Honda cars they are scrapping?

I am afraid I do not have any lead on this. Also I am not a Honda fan.

I no expert but if u worry, then get models that run on the old vtec engine. no sure which models made in thailand but i believe the higher end

I believe most Hondas run on Vtec now and anyway CVT I believe is about the gear box and not much to do with Vtec

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am afraid I do not have any lead on this. Also I am not a Honda fan.

I believe most Hondas run on Vtec now and anyway CVT I believe is about the gear box and not much to do with Vtec

thousand apologies, i tot cvt mean the engine. cvt gearbox no good then get the manual lor. it more fun to drive manual car. a pity most car dealers in spore dont take in manual car anymore. even commerical vans also automatic gear, sigh....

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, why not Toyota and Nissan? Is this going to be a family car? Sian Zha Bor Car? Long distance travel car? Foot step car?

Japanese car if well maintained can last very long. My experience with Honda is the servicing and maintenance is more expensive than Toyota.Even the rubber blade for the windshield wiper cost 2 times more than Toyota.

However, Civic is really an all-rounder car to drive both in the city and the rural areas.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honda is the largest engine maker in the world (cars, motorcycles, marine, portable generators, etc.) and has a high reputation tight QC. I used to work for an upstream Honda parts supplier. If you have the money, Honda is a good choice.

Now, if you still end up with a shitty car - that's just bad luck. In the industry, Honda dealer will say that's a "Friday Car" (hourly rated production worker more concerned looking at his watch than his work.)

Cheers!

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Honda cub quite reliable. More than a million sold in Malaysia.
Cub Kia is now known as Honda Wave. Yes, it is still the best selling motorcyle in LOS and many parts of the world. Have an old wave in the upcountry and is waiting to scrap it but it just won't die. :wink: