• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good Quotes by SBF forummers

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Many years ago, my friend Quah Kim Song, an outstanding footballer groomed by Uncle Choo Seng Quee (Singapore’s legendary football coach of the 60s and 70s) since the age of ten, related to me an incident that I had not forgotten to this day.

Song said that at one training session when they had just started to sing the national anthem, the rain suddenly fell. Everyone started to run back to the dormitory for shelter. When they had shaken the water off their bodies, it was then that they realised Uncle Choo was not with them. On looking out onto the field, they saw the old man, standing motionless in front of the flag-post, with the incessant rain pelting down on him. All the players were so ashamed that they went back to the field.

(Wong Wee Nam, on The Online Citizen)

keling is shit

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago, my friend Quah Kim Song, an outstanding footballer groomed by Uncle Choo Seng Quee (Singapore’s legendary football coach of the 60s and 70s) since the age of ten, related to me an incident that I had not forgotten to this day.

Song said that at one training session when they had just started to sing the national anthem, the rain suddenly fell. Everyone started to run back to the dormitory for shelter. When they had shaken the water off their bodies, it was then that they realised Uncle Choo was not with them. On looking out onto the field, they saw the old man, standing motionless in front of the flag-post, with the incessant rain pelting down on him. All the players were so ashamed that they went back to the field.

(Wong Wee Nam, on The Online Citizen)

on this topic, who could have forgotten stev maclaren (englang ex manager) standing under his brolly when england was about to be KO by croatia in the 2008 euro qualifiers.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Brilliant!!

"The PAP doggies have this peculiar thinking that anonymity is a sign of untrustworthiness (i.e. 'you must have something to hide, otherwise you would have identified yourself!'). What they do not realize that it was precisely the PAP's dark, unpleasant history of persecuting dissent that drove people into anonymity, and the Internet (except identifiable Facebook profiles) is the perfect platform for anonymity.

Also, this is precisely the condescending attitude that the people despise the PAP for. We ordinary citizens cannot discern or think for ourselves; we need some official bureaucrat or a spin doctor to hold our hand and help us determine the veracity of the information. Outrageous.

Do you know why Singapore still does not have a law that protects whistleblowers? It's because of scums like Ong Keng Yong."

(Laksaboy)

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brilliant!!

Do you know why Singapore still does not have a law that protects whistleblowers? It's because of scums like Ong Keng Yong."

I can think of one - the fear that a penalty kick may be given against the govt. And whistleblower's decision is final. No appeal allowed.

The need for OSA is also meant to safeguard their key interests.
All govts have skeletons. And not always secured in cupboards. They really fear being exposed and embarrassed.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Haha... insects will always think that the whole galaxy revolves around them! "

(Goh Meng Seng, in an apparently unwitting description of his own behaviour)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
GMS talks like a LKY wannabe before making it to prime ministership. Singapore is a very small country and information is very very porous, compared to other countries in the world.

Whatever he saw inside WP while he was there, people outside and inside saw too, and have either taken measures or are able to reconcile with it. GMS is not privy to information of significance that others have not seen or have not anticipated long ago. GMS's BS info is liken to "I guess you did not know where I was last night at 130am and what was the color of my underwear and which direction I was digging my nose and what was smell and decibel of my fart", in terms of value.

Singapore has gone on and will go on, with or without GMS and with or without LKY and his few hundred to a 1000 crony leaders. Without us, Singapore will not run. There are enough dedicated Singaporeans who make better leaders than the current cohort. If LKY and his cronies think replacing Singaporeans with everyone foreign will work, they will be shocked how easy it is for foreigners to replace them once the threshold population is reached. I can say we are near tipping point, due to Empress Dowager type of petty politics - dictators never learn. Monetary assets are meaningless when the overwhelming majority else is against you.

As for GMS, just another sad story of someone thinking he is more than everyone else.

(Bigfuck)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
WP's figures are in no way similar to the review committee's. The RC have asked for bonuses upto 14.5 months while WP has asked for a maximum of 5 months. This is a huge difference!

WP's figures are also based on civil service salaries and they have used MX9 category as a benchmark where minister's salary is 5x of this and PM is 9x. If there is anything that can be seen from this it is that our civil service are well-paid or that Singapore is an expensive place to live in.

(ChaoPappyPoodle)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The Ministerial Pay Changes as proposed by Gerard Ee

The model is flawed, Gerard Ee's committee did not change the model despite categorically stating that they would after the committee was named to undertake the review. Ong Keng Yew, S,pore High Commissioner to Malaysia made it absolutely clear that the committee vindicated the model to rebut Seah Chiang Nee's article in the Star.

I heard the Committee is upset and sought an audience with the PM and is now blogging its rationale. WP party has to be careful not to endorse the model and not go into multiples and others minor variables or reverse engineer to obtain an acceptable amount.

(Scroobal)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
(With regards to ministerial pay debates, on the need for parliamentary opposition to step up to its rightful role)

I hope the Opposition parties (in parliament) take the cue that the politics of accommodation is not safe or sound in the vipers pit. They should follow the Westminister Model of being the backstop, the resident and recognised critic of the government as well as to challenge every position, every premise of a proposed policy first before moving on to putting across their view or an alternative view.

(Scroobal)

OverTheCounter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
laksaboy
  • icon1.png
    Re: A Scary Kid and His Helpless Grandmother

Spare the rod, spoil the child.

In the old days, if the parents couldn't get the job done, the teachers in school would finish the job.

Oh, and nowadays grandparents are nothing more than free/cheap daycare centres for the brats.
Not that I endorse daycare centres, but it is clear that grandparents are exploited.​

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lu Bei was too honourable and noble that is why he can never find his foothold and being hound by other warlords until one of his advisor sacrificed himself in order to change his master perception. Over the lost of his advisor, Liu Bei eventually realised nobility and honourablity are merely hifalutin when country were in the state of war. Thereafter, he put away such hi-falutin hope which resulted in the birth of 3-kingdoms.

(myfoot123)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Between a MIW who screw their only wife but machiam a parrot or dog in parliament or an opposition chap whose small bro runs wild and speaks up for his constituents, I vote the latter.

(GoldenDragon)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro, cool down lah. No need to put so much weight on evidence. You see, even before you showed us your pic most of us believed you were very handsome despite no evidence whatsoever to suggest that you're indeed handsome. Then after your pic has entered public domain, you continue to believe that you're handsome despite overwhelming evidence suggesting otherwise.

All this shows that you can actually put your "police training" aside. Relax lah.

(KYP, on Ramseth the Great Teflon)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sorry Tracy, one policy I support is NS. Physically fit man must do NS. I'm against the call for women to do NS unless they're willingly interested to sign on. I really don't want to see sisters, aunties, women cousins being hauled into army or police camps against their wills. If NS it must be, we men bear with it as men and leave the women alone. I also don't support NS for foreigners. Trust and train them with firearms? Think about it. There's someone who criticized me for "escaping" NS by signing on. Hello, I got paid more but I served longer. The price was paid by the time, prime time in life. It's equitable and not lucrative for a small fry like me anyway.

(Ramseth)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is not the people that WP didn't want to be transparent, it is the PAP gutter politics that WP is very well aware of. Does it make any difference whether WP say more or keeping silent to Yaw's saga? I certainly say NO difference whatsoever in the next election. IN the eyes of PAP, gentleman do not exist in politics, especially when it comes to fighting in an election - you are always dirty in the eyes of your opponent even when you tried to come clean

(myfoot123)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Politics is not about morailty alone. Its about good strategy and tactics. Nice guys seldom make it to Parliament. Even if they did, they won't stay for long.

(Scroobal)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
(GMS' general behaviour)

When GMS keeps his cards close to his chest and throw feint punches, he calls it strategy. When others do that, he calls it disformation. When he loses, he calls it conspiracy.

(Forvendet)

Last edited:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is a precedence for not holding by-election in single-seat constituency. Remember that JBJ was unceremoniously removed from his Anson single-seat constituency in 1986 when he was made a bankrupt. Any by-election? PAP use all the lan cheow excuses to move their people in and merged Anson with Tanjong Pagar GRC in the 1988 GE. You think PAP will play clean and definitely call for a by-election? Wait long long. So, I say let the matter rest and lets move on.

(Qantas, on the precedence of by-elections and the YSL saga)

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies aren't interested in standing up for their rights. All they're interested in is securing the latest gadgets so they can show off to their friends.

If you want to get a large crowd, all you need to do is offer a few iPhones for FREE! I estimate that would draw a crowd of 50,000 at least.

Why anyone bothers to fight for the rights of people who are absorbed in their own materialistic world is beyond me.

(Leongsam)