• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malaysian dog catcher asked S'porean woman for IC at Pungol

RonRon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw this post on FB, apparently the incident happened on Tuesday, DEc 27:

This morning, a pregnant stray feeder from Punggol spots a vehicle before dawn, with 2 men collecting and deploying dog traps.

Suspicious, she asks for their authorisation letter from AVA, as the vehicle is a Malaysian registered vehicle. The 2 men produced the letter.

She follows them and tries to photograph them, but they warned her repeatedly not to, finally calling the police, on instruction from the authorities, to arrest her, a pregnant lady, for obstructing their work.

Fortunately, the policemen were kind, and told her to leave for fear that she will get herself into trouble.

This is the audio clip of the exchange between the stray feeder, the 2 dog catchers, and at the end, with the policemen.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cvq0U1jsnfo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AVA got the authority to instruct non singaporeans to arrest singaporeans?
Dog catchers upgraded to sinkie catchers :biggrin:
Poodles also helpless.....poodles scare dog catchers si bo?

dredd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just let them do their job lah! Farking dog-lover, activist, all nonsense. Got nothing better to do? Stray dogs are a menace. End of.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
For God's sake we got kids in school who don't know if they are going to have money to buy next year'stext books We got Rich man driving Mercedes stopping in front of text book donation centre and collecting free books meant for the needy. These are cases that these busybodies need to look for?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whatever her reasons, why are Malaysians doing this job? Even if under the authority from AVA, under what law did she break and how can the police stop the public if there is no law she has broken?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Typical case of sub-contracting. If you trace the contract owner, he will be attending grassroots meeting and he is a Singaporean. Malaysian vehicles cannot be used for business's here unless they have proper licensing and I am sure they don't have it here.
Whatever her reasons, why are Malaysians doing this job? Even if under the authority from AVA, under what law did she break and how can the police stop the public if there is no law she has broken?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Typical case of sub-contracting. If you trace the contract owner, he will be attending grassroots meeting and he is a Singaporean. Malaysian vehicles cannot be used for business's here unless they have proper licensing and I am sure they don't have it here.

Then the local poodles should be taken to task for not doing their proper job, i.e., get those Malaysians and book them. I don't think Singapore vehicles can be used in Malaysia to put their stray dogs in either, even if they are the sub-cons.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree...........
Then the local poodles should be taken to task for not doing their proper job, i.e., get those Malaysians and book them. I don't think Singapore vehicles can be used in Malaysia to put their stray dogs in either, even if they are the sub-cons.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

go ahead and take the poodles to task lor.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is interesting..M'sia van doing the job.
Someone sub it out.I tot Sporeans no jobs??
How about quarantine procedure?

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Must be RC or CCC non-barking dogs.

Seriously there is an overstepping of authority when Malaysians can do as they like in our country. I take exceptions on this, not about the dogs. Worse when the police can concur and accept this as normal.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes bro i agree....must go thru the proper channels. Fist SBF then SPF then AVA. :p

I hope this will be brought to the attention of AVA and SPF. Somehow I suspect someone with links to the government won the contract and pull some strings.

blackmore

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope this will be brought to the attention of AVA and SPF. Somehow I suspect someone with links to the government won the contract and pull some strings.

AVA Animal Control section has a dedicated marked vehicle for stray catching and is usually men by a crew of 4 locals. The only difference now is they don't have firearms in the vehicle since their last boo boo at Lor Halus 12 years ago.

I suspect something is seriously wrong here when AVA is not directly involved in rounding up the strays but subcontracted out in this manner. Perhaps the former indian Head of Animal Control retired last year and the new bugger helming it doing things out of protocol.

It is absurd to have Malaysian dog catcher in a malaysian registered vehicle doing their runs . AVA is still quasi government and this is extremely bad for image.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
AVA Animal Control section has a dedicated marked vehicle for stray catching and is usually men by a crew of 4 locals. The only difference now is they don't have firearms in the vehicle since their last boo boo at Lor Halus 12 years ago.

I suspect something is seriously wrong here when AVA is not directly involved in rounding up the strays but subcontracted out in this manner. Perhaps the former indian Head of Animal Control retired last year and the new bugger helming it doing things out of protocol.

It is absurd to have Malaysian dog catcher in a malaysian registered vehicle doing their runs . AVA is still quasi government and this is extremely bad for image.

I was like "scratching my head," and asking myself, "WTF?"

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seriously there is an overstepping of authority when Malaysians can do as they like in our country. I take exceptions on this, not about the dogs. Worse when the police can concur and accept this as normal.

National sovereignty isn't worth shit.

As long as you can outsource the job to the lowest bidder, you win. Your KPIs are good, and your ricebowl is secure.