• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st hand news MRT broken @Aljunied I was on it. Rear Train Bumped Push it! Video

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to makan after posting and while eating I realised that MRT station was indeed 1 after Aljunied Station, which is called Kallang instead of Aljunied. :*::eek::p
So I came back & correct this post & added correction title to youtube.

Pai Sah. Wasn't paying attention to the Station's Name, was just fed up about MRT breaking down.

<hr>

Story time....

The train was not showing any sign of abnormality all the way from Tanah Merah Station. Until right there at Kallang platform, it could not move after the station's stop and closing doors. The door re-opened after 10sec from closing. Then closed again. I tot some one caught in the door but the 10sec abit long than usual when someone caught in the door usually within 2-3secs it reopened.

Then after re-closing it failed to move. I started get the idea of Bad Kang Tau 孬空头 coming.

Then train farted out compressed air. Relays clicking. Few mins past. Can not move still.

Confirmed Bad Kang Tau 孬空头. I ponder weather to video it from inside cabin or not. But decided not to because the scene there and then will look too normal showing nothing much unusual. I knew that was starting of peak hours, and the driver must be reporting fault to control asking hind trains to stop or slow down, during then 2 mins of no-action in the attempts to fix train.

I told myself KNN, the control better know how to stop the hind train or else... this train will get rear ramped like the famous fucking Clementi Station case. So I checked around and prepared my own moves in case got fucked by hind train.

Then driver seemed to have RESET the train like OFF/ON except for the lightings, the A/C fan went off for 10 secs and came back on. Still the train won't move.

Then the next attemp was to open the doors again. Failed at 1st. 40 secs later doors opened.

Immediately driver announced the train can not proceed and told us to get off ASAP.

On the platform, the station staff was still optimistic, they announced (wrongly) that we can take the next train very soon. I told myself - my foot! Sure enough within 3 mins the sign board changed to DO NOT BOARD from Joo Koon 1 Min.

I walked off and out of station. The gate staff said the trip is cancelled no need to scan card. Will refund.

Then I started to film the trapped passengers of hind train from outside station.

When the hind train started to creep forward, I knew they had to bump push the faulty train. So I cross opposite the road to film from better angle.

Meanwhile I was still worried that another train come behind and ramp fuck these trains.

I left after the bump push was completed. Some how still thinking that was Aljunied Station. So I posted ASAP stating the wrong station name. :p

Lee_cunt_yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
maybe he scare people ask him go geylang for what? LOL

You realised or not that your broken logic is reversed?:confused:

Aljunied is Geylang.

Kallang MRT is at crossing of Kallang River already.

If your theory was to be applied then should state Kallang MRT instead of Aljunied.

Therefore writing Aljuned when it was Kallang that means there is no such consideration or considering the reversed from your logics.

So bro you presented a broken logic illustrating the opposite of your point and you did not check what you said?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2011/10/ask-lui-tuck-yew-weather-load-passenger.html

A question for Lui Tuck Yew minister for Transport:<br />
<br />
<div style="text-align: justify;">
<b>Is the use of a fully loaded (peak hour) MRT Train as a tow truck or tug boat to push another broken down train is SAFE and APPROPRIATE?</b><br />
<br />
I am asking as a citizen and SMRT Passenger on that broken down train at Kallang MRT Station this evening about 1753hr.&nbsp; <br />
<br /></div>
<br />
<br />
<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jN2q2-jYtLU" width="640"></iframe>

I took this video, and wrote the following recollections:

<br />
<div style="text-align: justify;">
<blockquote>
The train was not showing any sign of abnormality all the way from Tanah Merah Station. Until right there at Kallang platform, it could not move after the station's stop and closing doors. The door re-opened after 10sec from closing. Then closed again. I tot some one caught in the door but the 10sec abit long than usual when someone caught in the door usually within 2-3secs it reopened.

<br />
Then after re-closing it failed to move. I started get the idea of Bad Kang Tau 孬空头 coming.
<br />
Then train farted out compressed air. Relays clicking. Few mins past. Can not move still.

<br />
Confirmed Bad Kang Tau 孬空头. I ponder weather to video it from inside cabin or not. But decided not to because the scene there and then will look too normal showing nothing much unusual. I knew that was starting of peak hours, and the driver must be reporting fault to control asking hind trains to stop or slow down, during then 2 mins of no-action in the attempts to fix train.

<br />
I told myself KNN, the control better know how to stop the hind train or else... this train will get rear ramped like the famous fucking Clementi Station case. So I checked around and prepared my own moves in case got fucked by hind train.

<br />
Then driver seemed to have RESET the train like OFF/ON except for the lightings, the A/C fan went off for 10 secs and came back on. Still the train won't move.

<br />
Then the next attemp was to open the doors again. Failed at 1st. 40 secs later doors opened. Immediately driver announced the train can not proceed and told us to get off ASAP.

<br />
On the platform, the station staff was still optimistic, they announced (wrongly) that we can take the next train very soon. I told myself - my foot! Sure enough within 3 mins the sign board changed to DO NOT BOARD from Joo Koon 1 Min.

<br />
I walked off and out of station. The gate staff said the trip is cancelled no need to scan card. Will refund.

<br />
Then I started to film the trapped passengers of hind train from outside station.

<br />
When the hind train started to creep forward, I knew they had to bump push the faulty train. So I cross opposite the road to film from better angle.

<br />
Meanwhile I was still worried that another train come behind and ramp fuck these trains.

<br />
I left after the bump push was completed. Some how still thinking that was Aljunied Station. So I posted ASAP stating the wrong station name. </blockquote>
I am prepared to offer a statement if LTA wants to investigate.
</div>

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a good reason I hoped Rear Admiral Lui TY was a co-passenger with me on that train today. :biggrin::rolleyes:

The question is weather is it safe and appropriate for a loaded train full of passengers be used to push another broken down train.

Can SBS use a fully loaded bus to push or tow another broken down SBS bus?:eek::rolleyes::p

Can Ah Beng use his car to bump push Ah Seng's car when it broke down?:eek::rolleyes:

Is Traffic Police & LTA mata going give Ah Beng a ticket for that? Pay $FINE$ to LEEgime?

What I saw as a young man ridding a mountain bike towing another punctured mountain bike got stopped by traffic police, I think for SAFETY REASON.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::wink:

州官可以放火百姓不准点灯?

emeritus CB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Standard like Indian trains lah. Fucked up 1st world!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1159481/1/.html

MRT breakdown affects 6,500 commuters
Posted: 14 October 2011 2124 hrs

Photos of

SINGAPORE: Some 6,500 commuters were affected by a train delay along the East-West MRT line on Friday evening.

An SMRT spokesperson said a westbound train at Kallang MRT Station encountered a train fault and had to be taken out of service at 5.50pm.

This disrupted the westbound train service between Kallang and Bugis for 20 minutes.

But passengers on the westbound services between Kallang to Joo Koon experienced even longer waiting times due to the heavy evening peak-hour rush.

To maintain service on unaffected stretches, trains were turned around at Eunos and Bugis.

SMRT apologises for the inconvenience caused. It says passengers unable to complete their journeys can file a claim at any of its 68 stations within the next three working days.

- CNA/ir

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Processing after upload

http://youtu.be/jN2q2-jYtLU

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jN2q2-jYtLU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

wahahhaha.. this is call sinkie MRt superb management.. WHere is the new ideas to solve such problems.. oh yeah.. they are serf.. serf just follow, no ideas...hahahhahah

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN..UY..I get a big headache n dizziness watching yr shaky video. half the time dont know you want to shoot where or show me what, the sky or what. Always moving this way and that.

Are you trying to catch govt doing something wrong or something right? So a train broke down, so what? Never see a train broken or what? So the SMRT used another train to push it, so you shld be happy what. Why still complain?

So after the broken train got pushed, was it alright then? Did the passengers get back in? You need Chapter 2 lah.

PS. Did you clap when the train started moving after being pushed? Why dinch you?

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is called around the box thinking, or ahead of the box thinking.

For a good reason I hoped Rear Admiral Lui TY was a co-passenger with me on that train today. :biggrin::rolleyes:

The question is weather is it safe and appropriate for a loaded train full of passengers be used to push another broken down train.

Can SBS use a fully loaded bus to push or tow another broken down SBS bus?:eek::rolleyes::p

Can Ah Beng use his car to bump push Ah Seng's car when it broke down?:eek::rolleyes:

Is Traffic Police & LTA mata going give Ah Beng a ticket for that? Pay $FINE$ to LEEgime?

What I saw as a young man ridding a mountain bike towing another punctured mountain bike got stopped by traffic police, I think for SAFETY REASON.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::wink:

州官可以放火百姓不准点灯?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN..UY..I get a big headache n dizziness watching yr shaky video. half the time dont know you want to shoot where or show me what, the sky or what. Always moving this way and that.

Are you trying to catch govt doing something wrong or something right? So a train broke down, so what? Never see a train broken or what? So the SMRT used another train to push it, so you shld be happy what. Why still complain?

So after the broken train got pushed, was it alright then? Did the passengers get back in? You need Chapter 2 lah.

PS. Did you clap when the train started moving after being pushed? Why dinch you?

Limited lah. Tiny pocket camera what do you expect. Sponsor camera lah. :wink::p

Loaded passenger train shouldn't be suitable for pushing. They should had backed up that hind train to Aljunied Station 1st drop off passengers then push if really needed.

BTW can SIA use one plane loaded with passengers to push or pull another plane? :eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::p

HongKanSeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://motoring.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Transport/Story/A1Story20111015-305143.html

> ASIAONE / MOTORING / NEWS / TRANSPORT / STORY

Saturday, Oct 15, 2011
AsiaOne

Photos: 6,500 MRT commuters affected by train breakdown

SINGAPORE - A westbound train broke down at Kallang MRT station on Friday afternoon, causing disruptions along the East-West line which affected some 6,500 commuters.

The delay lasting 20 minutes resulted in a ‘chain-effect’ human jam at Tanjong Pagar MRT station, where fare gates were temporarily closed due to the platforms becoming congested with commuters unable to board a train.

According to an SMRT spokesperson, the train at Kallang developed a fault around 5.50pm yesterday and had to be taken out of service.

To maintain parts of the westbound service, trains had to be turned around at Eunos and Bugis, while the services between Kallang and Bugis were halted, The Straits Times reported. Full services only resumed at 6.10pm.

An eyewitness told citizen journalism website Stomp that the broken down train caused a second train behind to be stranded on the tracks just outside Kallang MRT station. As a result, the second train had to push the out-of-service train forward so passengers could get off, the netizen said.

Over at Tanjong Pagar MRT, fare gates had to be closed from between 6pm and 6.20pm, as the platforms there had become congested with commuters. A human traffic jam resulted outside the control station.

The situation at Tanjong Pagar started to resume to normal when all the fare gates were fully opened at 7pm, ST reported. However many commuters could not get on a train until awhile later.

[email protected]
6,500 affected by train breakdown
Click on thumbnail to view. Story continues after photos.
(Photos: Stomp, ST, Philip Lim)

<hr>

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_723610.html

Video: Train breakdown at Kallang, crowds stranded at Tg Pagar
Broken-down train leads to crowds at platform, station

Published on Oct 15, 2011

Purchase this article for republication

Buy SPH photos

The crowd at Tanjong Pagar MRT station last night, after a train breakdown saw SMRT staff close the fare gates to prevent overcrowding on the platform. -- PHOTO: PHILIP LIM

Hundreds of people were left stranded at Tanjong Pagar MRT station on Friday evening, after staff there closed the fare gates to prevent overcrowding on the platforms.

The cause was an SMRT train which had broken down on the East-West Line, resulting in a 20-minute delay that affected some 6,500 commuters in total.

An SMRT spokesman said a westbound train at Kallang MRT developed a fault at around 5.50pm, and had to be taken out of service. This led to the disruption on the westbound service between Kallang and Bugis. A passenger posted this self-shot video on YouTube below, under the name of uncle0yap.

Trains were turned around at Eunos and Bugis to maintain the westbound service on unaffected stretches of the line. Full services resumed at around 6.10pm.

<hr>

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1159481/1/.html

MRT breakdown affects 6,500 commuters
Posted: 14 October 2011 2124 hrs

Photos of

SINGAPORE: Some 6,500 commuters were affected by a train delay along the East-West MRT line on Friday evening.

An SMRT spokesperson said a westbound train at Kallang MRT Station encountered a train fault and had to be taken out of service at 5.50pm.

This disrupted the westbound train service between Kallang and Bugis for 20 minutes.

But passengers on the westbound services between Kallang to Joo Koon experienced even longer waiting times due to the heavy evening peak-hour rush.

To maintain service on unaffected stretches, trains were turned around at Eunos and Bugis.

SMRT apologises for the inconvenience caused. It says passengers unable to complete their journeys can file a claim at any of its 68 stations within the next three working days.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As I predicted after Circle line opereate. More train will broke down because more train need to be service. Management will press the technician to service more train. More train and track need to be check but the manpower remain the same.