• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bangkok Runroaders, are you ready for the worst flood come next week ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Runroaders in Bangkok, the floodgates are opened and the muddy water is on the way to Central Bangkok. Are you ready ? Are you worried.

Expect the Klongs to overflow onto the streets...the situation is worrying.

I'm going to stock up food this weekend !

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Almost every Oct/Nov season there come flood warnings like that all over Thailand. No big deal. Just don't mis-step into an overflowing canal. If you're a tourist, no problem. Your tourguide or hotel staff will help you deal with it smoothly. No tourist ever die or starve in a flood in a Thai city. They're used to it and know what to do.

If you're staying there on longer term free and easy run road, do stock up some combat dry ration. Not to say you'll starve but let's say it can spare you some wet inconvenience on the street when the tide is high.

Last edited:

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost every Oct/Nov season there come flood warnings like that all over Thailand. No big deal. Just don't mis-step into an overflowing canal. If you're a tourist, no problem. Your tourguide or hotel staff will help you deal with it smoothly. No tourist ever die or starve in a flood in a Thai city. They're used to it and know what to do.

If you're staying there on longer term free and easy run road, do stock up some combat dry ration. Not to say you'll starve but let's say it can spare you some wet inconvenience on the street when the tide is high.

This time is different. You haven't been watching Thai news, have you ?

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
BREAKING NEWS
Thailand battles to keep floods from Bangkok

BANGKOK, October 7, 2011 (AFP) - Thailand stepped up efforts Friday to protect Bangkok and key industrial areas from the worst floods in decades, with homes, roads and factories already inundated just north of the capital.

Many residents ignored the government's appeal to evacuate to safe areas, preferring to stay and guard homes submerged by the rising waters, which have left 252 people dead.

The authorities raced to put up flood walls alongside canals and rivers on Bangkok's northern outskirts as huge amounts of muddy water flow down river after more than two months of unusually heavy monsoon rains.

"Nothing could be worse than the current situation, but the most important thing is to prevent flooding in Bangkok and two industrial estates" north of the city, said Science and Technology Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi.

A key test for the authorities is expected in mid-October when large amounts of run-off water reaches the low-lying capital and high tides make it harder for the floods to flow out to sea.

"Every canal in Bangkok is already at full capacity. If more rain comes it's likely that Bangkok will be inundated," Bangkok governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra said on Thai television.

He said the city was preparing emergency stocks of food and drinking water, and setting up evacuation centres at schools.

The floods -- several metres deep in places -- have damaged the homes or livelihoods of millions of people, particularly farmers, according to the government.

The military has been deployed to help victims and army camps are being opened to evacuees.

Japanese car giant Honda has suspended production temporarily after its parts factories was inundated in Ayutthaya, the ancient capital just north of Bangkok.

According to economists at the University of Thai Chamber of Commerce, the damage amounts to 104 billion baht (3.4 billion dollars) in terms of the impact on buildings, crops, livestock, industry, tourism and trade.

It said the impact could knock about one percent off the country's annual economic output.

While the government sounded optimistic that it could prevent Bangkok from becoming flooded, independent experts appeared less confident.

"Certainly Bangkok will be flooded. We have to assess the situation after each storm," said Royal Chitradon, director of Thai Integrated Water Resource Management.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Krungthep Mahanakorn cannot be gone, will always be there forever, unless somebody nuke it. All these news and dire weather forecasts are political propaganda for the new Government to extract more budget from Parliament.
You stupid ponytail donkey, go read the news, the flood is really bad this year, LOL

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was in aythaya 2 weeks back but could not see all the temples cos of flood.

It's just for your own safety precaution. Anyway, why go Thailand in Oct/Nov season if it's just for sightseeing? That's damn silly and risky unless you're running road there for longer term. Not life risking but a lot of inconvenience and funspoiling with the rainy season even if not flooding. I came back before Oct. :wink:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's just for your own safety precaution. Anyway, why go Thailand in Oct/Nov season if it's just for sightseeing? That's damn silly and risky unless you're running road there for longer term. Not life risking but a lot of inconvenience and funspoiling with the rainy season even if not flooding. I came back before Oct. :wink:

I went cos of the kin jay festival in phuket mah. They postponed the procession and i only had 1 fren in phuket so i decided to say fuck it miss the procession there and fly to bkk instead. Over in bkk instead of staying in bkk all the time i decided to go ayuthaya. Mind you i made a new fren who's a taxi driver and his gf came along with me and a fren and for 2500 bhat drove us to ayuthaya and back to see all 9 temples for luck but unfortunately could only see 2 cos 1 was closed and the others blocked off by the flooding river banks. Taxi was also in some deep water at 1 pt. I have the route saved on my gps and some pics taken. This recent thailand trip i flew to bkk then to phuket then back to bkk and then back home.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You stupid ponytail donkey, go read the news, the flood is really bad this year, LOL

You stupid orange jersey rubber dinghy. I've lived through a real flood in Thailand before. Half a storey high flood at street level, can row sampan. Those you saw at Orchard Road and KPKB were just water puddle in comparison.

Khun Ying Pojaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
BANGKOK, October 7, 2011 (AFP) - Thailand stepped up efforts Friday to protect Bangkok and key industrial areas from the worst floods in decades, with homes, roads and factories already inundated just north of the capital.....

A key test for the authorities is expected in mid-October when large amounts of run-off water reaches the low-lying capital and high tides make it harder for the floods to flow out to sea.

Joety, remember to move your Lexus to multi-storey carpark.

Tomorrow I will go check Klong Saen Saep again, as I need to go The Mall Bangkapi for Yamaha exhibition.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went cos of the kin jay festival in phuket mah. They postponed the procession and i only had 1 fren in phuket so i decided to say fuck it miss the procession there and fly to bkk instead. Over in bkk instead of staying in bkk all the time i decided to go ayuthaya. Mind you i made a new fren who's a taxi driver and his gf came along with me and a fren and for 2500 bhat drove us to ayuthaya and back to see all 9 temples for luck but unfortunately could only see 2 cos 1 was closed and the others blocked off by the flooding river banks. Taxi was also in some deep water at 1 pt. I have the route saved on my gps and some pics taken. This recent thailand trip i flew to bkk then to phuket then back to bkk and then back home.

September 9th Emperor season where got rain in Phuket and further south. You should have stayed in Phuket and enjoyed. But the rain clouds will be moving south by October, peaking in November.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You stupid orange jersey rubber dinghy. I've lived through a real flood in Thailand before. Half a storey high flood at street level, can row sampan. Those you saw at Orchard Road and KPKB were just water puddle in comparison.
Did you skin dip in it? LOL

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you skin dip in it? LOL

I stayed in 3rd storey apartment and have enough of foods and drinks stocked up. I looked out the window and watched the fun. The flood water would be damn dirty. But the Thai kids didn't think too much and played in it.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just curious, is Changmai affected by these yearly floods:confused:

"Floods still prevail in 212 districts of 28 provinces, effecting 2,696,521 people.

The provinces are Sukhothai, Chiang Mai, Lampang, Phichit, Phitsanulok, Nakhon Sawan, Uthai Thani, Chai Nat, Singburi, Angthong, Ayutthaya, Lopburi, Saraburi, Suphanburi, Nakhon Pathom, Pathum Thani, Nonthaburi, Ubon Ratchathani, Khon Kaen, Si Sa Ket, Surin, Nakhon Ratchasima, Loei, Roi Et, Buri Ram, Chachoengsao, Nakhon Nayok and Prachinburi."

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Flood waters bear down on capital
PM admits govt may not be able to avert disaster

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra last night told people in parts of Bangkok and elsewhere in the Central Plains to brace for severe flooding, as she admitted her government was almost at its wits' end dealing with the disaster.

Already the whole of nearby Ayutthaya province has been declared a disaster area as the deluge continues to bear down on the capital, having started in the North of the country and affecting 30 provinces so far.

In a televised address last night, Ms Yingluck spoke of the grim situation facing Bangkok and its neighbours.

She said despite concerted efforts by government agencies, she feared authorities would not be able to fully contain the incoming flood waters.

"The widespread flood problem is reaching crisis level, the worst in decades," said the premier.

She said the volume of water had exceeded estimates and the storage capacity of reservoirs and torrents have damaged a number of flood gates.

The government's priority is to speed up the diversion of flood water into the sea before the deluge - about 7,000 million cubic metres - flows down to the Central Plains from the upper North via Sukhothai, Kamphaeng Phet, Phitsanulok and Nakhon Sawan soon.

"If we cannot divert the flood water into the sea, it will cause extensive damage to the provinces in its path," said the prime minister.

She also voiced concerns about the Meteorological Department's forecast of low-pressure systems, saying the reservoirs were unlikely to be able to absorb more rain.

She said the Chao Phraya Dam, which can release water at a rate of 3,570 cu m of water per second, must bring its work up to speed to ease the impacts on downstream provinces such as Ang Thong, Chai Nat, Sing Buri, Lop Buri and Ayutthaya.

Ms Yingluck said flood diversion efforts would become more difficult at peak tide between Oct 15 and 17, when the flow is expected to reach Bangkok.

Fifty-nine provinces across the country have so far been damaged in some way by the floods, with 30 being badly hit and 252 people being killed.

A flood relief operation centre has been set up at Don Mueang airport and will begin 24-hour operations from today. It will integrate flood relief and preventive tasks of all agencies, including warning issuance, data gathering, plan development and providing advice and information to the public.

Justice Minister Pracha Promnok was appointed as the centre's director and acting permanent secretary for Interior Pranai Suwannarat is deputy director.

Science and Technology Minister Plodprasop Suraswadi is chief of operations, covering evacuation and flood preventive tasks, and Transport Minister Sukumpol Suwanatat is directing chief, covering warning and relief systems.

The centre has opened a round-the-clock call centre at 1111 ext 5.

"All parties must join hands to face a crisis which threatens lives and our way of life," she said.

Bangkok Governor Sukhumbhand Paribatra said the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration has already opened 90% of its water sluice gate. The city could drain out 1 million cubic metres of water per day to the sea, he said.

The governor said it was now difficult to speed up draining as the levels in all waterways in the city are very high.

Defence Minister Yutthasak Sasiprapa said the Defence Ministry has ordered all military units to offer assistance and shelter to flood-affected people in their neighbourhoods.

Those people could evacuate to nearby military camps, he said.

Water levels in the reservoirs of all dams in northern provinces have already reached maximum capacities. Those dams will have to release water, Agriculture and Cooperatives Minister Theera Wongsamut said.

Meanwhile, the Meteorological Department has played down fears over a series of storms hitting the country.

Watcharee Virapun, director of its Weather Forecast Bureau, said there were no significant indicators of a series of storms hitting Thailand in the near future.

It warned, however, that the central provinces, including Bangkok, are still under the influence of a low pressure system which will bring more rain until next week.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has been raining for the last few days. So far, no serious flooding in Chonburi/Pattaya. Most of the areas that are affected by the flood are situated along the rivers.