• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NS Liabilities for Kids Migrating

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of people remain in limbo for forever.

My suggestion is to provide the requested data and see what is the outcome. It cannot be any worse than it is now. I know people who will no provide in the belief that they can be traced. The Singapore govt is not about to invade another country to grab deserters nor are they going to issue a warrant of arrest. They just classify them as defaulters and only arrest them when they land in Singapore.

Looking at the story that you provided, I would suggest mitigating reasons are present. At the end of the day, if they authorities do not yield at least you have a strong reason not step in. Which is also the current situation.

Hello!

I have an issue if someone can shed some light/advice/guidance!

My husband left Singapore for Australia before the age of 11 to migrate with his father. His parents divorced and the father decided to take both kids to Australia where his side of the family lived.
Shortly after, my father in law applied for Australian Citizenship for himself and his son (husband). During the time my husband never step foot in Singapore, nor has the father made an effort to register him for NS or thought about he may later want to go back visit his mother & relatives. Selfish & Irresponsible I shall add, but I guess that's what you get when you remarry and you don't raise your own child, because he lives with his grandma.

I am from Singapore myself and my brother was in a similar situation but my father registered him for NS at age of 16 and because he was studying was excused from his NS responsibility. When he reached 21 he renounced his citizenship and just a last months he finally step foot in Singapore with his Australian Passport after 15 years!

I dream to go back to Singapore for a amily holiday and he can see his mom & her side of the family.
We want to renounce my husband citizenship, but just scared of any fines or hurdles we may encounter.

Can you please provide advice?
I did sent a generic email to CMPB but was scared when they asked for his 'data' so they can assess the situation.
Was scared they will come to Australia and arrest him haha ...

Thanks!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am with you. The double standards involving the pianist is shocking. He is now back making money from Singaporeans, after paying a fine of $3K. Disgraceful.

I feel that 'Desertion' laws need to be more strict and tightly enforced. I have encountered children of PRs getting all the benefits, when they turn 18, they leave the country and come back as FTs..the PAP is lying when they say such likes will not get EPs etc..its all bull shit. such deserters should be thrown into Detention and fined at least 100K...

Desertion laws should be enhanced and be strictly enforced..I do not want a Melvin Tan (pommie piano player) incident again. Never serve NS, deserter , got fine a few K and can come back...and still want to play at the Durian...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revolution !

I am with you. The double standards involving the pianist is shocking. He is now back making money from Singaporeans, after paying a fine of $3K. Disgraceful.

Wah, you really 'see no open' (unforgiving because one holds on to a useless principle stubbornly especially when it is a general trend which is harder to stop).

All animals are made equal ? But, some are more than just being equal. Ask any Napoleon around the world and see if they will change for your sake or for their goodness sake.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I Second That

These Sinkie parents want their kids to have dual citizenship so that they can go to spore if things turn wrong in their host countries,,,but is being a sinkie means being better off?? Such clowns should not even be allowed to breed

They forgot that there is no free lunch in this world especially Sinkiesland (pay and pay). They thought they 'can' have the best of both world - they were dead wrong ! Wanna stay in Sinkingland, better be rich and having only daughters.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: I Second That

They forgot that there is no free lunch in this world especially Sinkiesland (pay and pay). They thought they 'can' have the best of both world - they were dead wrong ! Wanna stay in Sinkingland, better be rich and having only daughters.

The Singapore thinking is outdated. It will work during the good old days when women are not allowed to work.

These days, the power of the sovereign state is eroded by IT advances, liberation of money to move across borders, MNCs - so human resource mobility is a natural progression of this globalisation.

carolyn

Hi there
Please can you help me:
I'm Singaporean, but my husband's not - he's PR.

Our sons are:
1. UK citizen, SG PR
2. SG citizen

May I understand the requirements for NS for:
1. At what age must our older son be to leave SG, in order to avoid paying the bond?
2. At what age must our younger son be to leave SG, in order to avoid paying the bond?

Many thanks!