• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aljunied GRC MPs Outreach...

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Another long weekend is here! Our tickets for upcoming 1-day durian tour led by MPs of Aljunied GRC are selling fast. So hurry book your tickets with any of our weekly Meet-the-People Sessions at Bedok Reservoir-Punggol, Eunos, Kaki Bukit, Paya Lebar or Serangoon divisions now!

11074635_889083374486211_2676865365501524334_o.jpg

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
Workers' Party is a Silent Party.
Disgrace WP former MP for Hougang Yaw Shin Leong voted for PAP.
WP is a fake opposition party.
Ask ourselves, what had WP MPs done during 3 years in parliament ????
Nothings, WP MPs are talking all babies issues !!!!
LTK is a no ball MP and the most useless opposition leader.
Kick out all WP MPs include Aljunied GRC, Hougang and Punggol East.
Do a survey, many taxi drivers already lost faith on WP and will void WP vote if against PAP.
WP MPs every month are laughing to the bank with 16k to stay silent.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP is a silent party.
LTK is a horrible person and the most useless WP silent leader to protect his 16k salary.

copied from TR Emeritius

Amos Yee: Singapore’s Youngest Political Prisoner

Protected June 6th, 2015 | Author: Contributions

Amos says 'no' to probation

Yesterday (2 June) I attended Amos Yee’s sentencing hearing at the State Courts at 9.30am. As you may be aware, Amos has refused to accept probation. The AG had asked for probation, presumably to save the PAP the international opprobrium for jailing a child who had spoken the truth about the late Lee Kuan Yew.
Instead Amos requested that he serve a jail term instead. After all he had already served a longer period in remand than the man who assaulted him received after automatic good behaviour. However the AG objected and asked the judge to sentence Amos to reformative training instead on the grounds that he was unrepentant.
For those of you who are not familiar with what “reformative training” is in the Singapore context, let me enlighten you. The regulations governing it can be found in the Criminal Procedure Code (Reformative Training) Regulations 2010. A person sentenced to reformative training must serve at least eighteen months but no longer than three years. However after release they will be under the supervision of a probation officer and must comply with any conditions imposed. Any breach of those conditions will result in six months additional sentence. This supervision lapses four years after the date of the original sentence so in the case of someone sentenced to three years reformative training the supervision period is one year but if the sentence is only eighteen months the supervision period is three years.
This is what an AsiaOne article had to say about reformative training:
Reformative training is a strict prison regime for young offenders. It consists of foot drills, counselling and education. Offenders spend at least 11/2 years behind bars. Upon release, they are placed under supervision, which includes wearing ankle tags that track their movements electronically.
The article was about how the courts deemed reformative training as a suitable punishment for young loan shark runners who would not be allowed the “soft” option of probation even for a first offence. However the runner in this case was 20 years old and in NS.
It revulses me that the court and the AG could somehow think that the punishment option for someone defacing and vandalising the flats of those owing money to loan sharks, presumably with threats of violence intended to intimidate the unfortunate debtors, and other violent young criminals is appropriate for a child like Amos.
I say “child” advisedly even though our law treats him as an adult when he reaches 16 despite not being allowed to vote till you are 21. Yet another inconsistency in Justice Kaur’s judgement was that she claimed to be protecting the youth of Singapore from being corrupted and depraved by Amos’s supposedly obscene image while she was treating Amos as an adult for the purpose of sentencing. Amos’s blog and video were clearly aimed at adults and viewed mostly by adults and not children.
I will get back to yesterday’s hearing. The queue for the public gallery was quite short, perhaps because the hearing was originally scheduled for 2pm but was then moved to 9.30am. Singaporeans do not like to get up so early. The atmosphere among the crowd was slightly flippant considering that it was a child’s future we were talking about. When I said that the Government was out to break Amos, some people said jocularly that he would be more likely to break the AG and the judicial system by his refusal to bend. A young man in a suit made some comment to the effect that unlike the “soft” West we treated criminals like Amos as adults from the age of 16 and that the “shackles” which presumably soft-hearted liberals like myself objected to were just cuffs.
After a delay while the prosecution and defence lawyers met outside the courtroom, Justice Kaur entered at about 9.50am. I expected someone older and tougher looking. Instead she looked quite slight and undoubtedly younger than me. She was extremely soft-spoken so it was very difficult to hear what she was saying. It was difficult to fit her image to her reactionary and inconsistent judgement.
The DPP argued that as Amos had not “learnt his lesson” and refused to agree to probation that a reformative training sentence was necessary. He said that Amos’s conduct and his decision to make the image and video public again demonstrated the need for rehabilitation and appropriate counselling. The DPP said a jail term or a fine would have no rehabilitative effect on Yee and would therefore not be “tenable, because we cannot be popping back into court every other day.”
The judge agreed with him and said that “Rehabilitation is the fundamental tenet of our justice system” and ruled that he be remanded for three weeks to assess his mental and physical suitability for reformative training.
Alfred Dodwell, Amos’s lawyer, argued in vain that Amos should be given a fine or a jail term equivalent to the time he has already spent on remand and pointed out quite correctly that Amos was being punished for a second offence for which he had not been tried.
At the end of the hearing Amos was taken into custody again. I saw his mother passing him a plastic bag which made me feel very sad.
There can be no doubt that in this case “rehabilitation” is just a euphemism. The PAP Government mean to break Amos’s spirit through a harsh regime that is worse than prison. They would like to show Singaporeans that anyone here who dares to challenge the official narrative will be harshly dealt with.
In totalitarian regimes like Communist China, the Soviet Union and Nazi Germany “rehabilitation” meant years of imprisonment in harsh concentration camps. Everyone remembers the infamous words above Auschwitz which said “Arbeit Macht Frei” which loosely translated meant “Work Makes You Free” which was meant to be a sadistic joke about rehabilitation.
I feel only a slightly milder version of this punishment regime is in store for Amos. He will be forced to work and if he refuses will likely be punished. I am concerned that reformative training may include caning if Amos refuses to obey the orders given to him by his captors. He has years of imprisonment to look forward to and when he is inducted into NS he will probably end up serving his time in a military prison. Lee Kuan Yew made countless racist remarks designed to wound the feelings of minorities and was commended globally for his wisdom and candour.
Even with his time on remand Amos has served more time than the man who attacked him. The reports said that he would not be with adult inmates. However since Amos is already being treated as an adult that seems just another example of the AG’s disingenuity. He will presumably be placed with the kind of hardened criminals who are normally considered suitable for reformative training. He wlll probably be bullied and may be sexually assaulted. Of course many comments from PAP supporters and LKY worshippers on the internet were that rape was much too good for him.
The PAP Government’s treatment of Amos is an international embarrassment to them and to Singapore. The PAP always justify draconian restrictions on our freedoms by saying we enjoy Swiss standards of living as a result. But I look around and I can see that we have neither, at least not for the bottom 80% of the population.
I called Amos Singapore’s youngest political prisoner which led to the usual fierce attacks from people saying that he was tried and convicted. However so was Nelson Mandela who received a sentence of life imprisonment for terrorism. Yet today no one would dream of calling Nelson Mandela a criminal let alone a terrorist.
I will end by letting Amos’s own words speak for him:
“Unless you do in fact relish in my misery, I hope both of you will be able to sleep at night, and live with the fact that right now, as it is written in the annals of history, my blood is on your hands.”
I am seriously concerned by those last words and worry that, if this harsh treatment of a 16 year old that makes me sick to my stomach is not stopped and some compassion shown that Amos may do something that will indeed leave the AG, the judge and the PAP Government with blood on their hands.

Kenneth Jeyaretnam

*The writer blogs at http://sonofadud.com/

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]150517 Paya Lebar Division Kopi with Show Mao[/h]Updated about 3 weeks ago

Photo Credit: Adrian Sim

11054819_897781266949755_7655042417321739703_o.jpg

11206643_897781296949752_1343953716340755764_o.jpg

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am sure this post will kana infract by sengkang boy later on.:rolleyes:

Hmm maybe WP should consider sacking this boy ? :biggrin:

3vAJK1K.png

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
None of WP MPs has such ideas and balls to talk like this :-

copied TR Emeritius

Whose ‘Egregious Conduct’ Should Be Punished?

Protected June 7th, 2015 | Author: Contributions

I was intrigued by the following report by Kelly Ng that appeared in State Media’s Today Online a few days back.
SINGAPORE — A day after a High Court raised the red flag on the goings-on in Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC), Law Minister K Shanmugam followed up with hard-hitting words for the Workers’ Party, which runs the town council.
Yes no doubt her PAP-appointed editors approved of the use of the word “hard-hitting”. After all who ever comes up with hard-hitting words about the PAP and who would print them? Certainly not the State media! On the Singapore Government YouTube channel paid for by taxpayers’ money, 40% of whom voted for non-PAP parties, I am disgusted to find that while we see Sylvia Lim speaking on the motion on the Auditor General’s Office (AGO) audit in a separate video, WP do not get the right of reply to Shanmugam’s allegations. See this Video. It shows Sylvia Lim supposedly squirming but there is no video of her response to his attack. I cannot be the only viewer who wanted to see that response. It is one sided and as misrepresentative as an outright lie.
The scathing comments Justice Quentin Loh directed at AHPETC confirms his remarks previously that AHPETC’s town councillors had acted in an “unlawful” manner, said Mr Shanmugam, who is also Foreign Minister. He also zeroed in on the fact that the judge had highlighted AHPETC chairman Sylvia Lim’s misleading statements to Parliament about the financial transfers the town council was required to make.
Yet every year the Finance Minister presents a Budget that could be called seriously misleading.
It excludes most of the earnings on past surpluses apart from the Net Investment Returns Contribution?
Although the overall Budget balance for 2015 showed an estimated deficit of $6.67 billion this was entirely due to capital transfers to endowments and trust funds of $6 billion.These should not count as current spending.
In the previous year there was a transfer of $8 billion supposedly to fund the Pioneer Generation Package but actual spending on the Pioneer Generation in 2014 was only around $230 million and it was funded out of current revenue.
The true surplus is of the order of $25-30 billion a year once land sales, capital receipts, dividends and interest and investment income is added in and this is still probably an underestimate as it represents the Government surplus and not the General Government surplus. The latter is a wider definition to include the earnings of all Government companies and not just dividends and investment income paid to the Government .
The setting up of new funds is particularly worrying as there seems to be no accountability to Parliament for many of the biggest of these funds once the monies are transferred.
In particular I have expressed my concerns about the National Productivity Fund (NPF) which was set up by separate Act of Parliament in 2010. The Finance Minister has allocated a total of $3.5 billion to the NPF since 2010 but it does not appear in the last published annual Statement of Assets and Liabilities which the Finance Minister is required to publish this every year with the Budget. Neither does the Bus Services Enhancement Fund or the Special Employment Credit Fund.
Despite it being a legal requirement to present the NPF accounts to Parliament there is no record of it in Hansard. Neither have I seen any accounts or even an Act setting up the Special Employment Credit Fund (SECF). Legislation setting up the Bus Services Expansion Fund (BSEF) was added to the Land Transport Authority Act in 2012 but there is no requirement to keep accounts and I am concerned that the Finance Minister seems to be allocating more money to purchase buses in this year’s Budget without explaining how the first $1.1 billion has been spent.
I wrote an open letter to the Finance Minister on 21 April 2015 asking him to answer these anomalies. If the Finance Minister has breached the Constitution by failing to pass separate legislation for every fund he has set up and furthermore has failed to include significant funds in the Statement of Assets and Liabilities, he has acted in an unlawful manner.
This is even more true if he has failed to lay the accounts of some of the funds, such as the NPF , before Parliament as required under the Act. I would be happy to learn that I am simply mistaken and that the answer lies buried in Hansard somewhere. In that case why does the Ministry not simply respond with a clarification? As the PAP will be sure never to publish my letters to them I suggest that you share it as many times as you can in the social and alternative media.
In the video referred to above, Shanmugam is scathing about the lateness of the AHPETC accounts. But why is he not similarly scathing about the Finance Minister’s failure to publish the NPF, BSEF, SECF or National Research Fund accounts or present them to Parliament.
“I said in February, in Parliament, that the WP MPs’ conduct on AHPETC was unlawful. I said that several times. I choose my words carefully. This judgment confirms what I have said,” said Mr Shanmugam, who was giving his views on the court’s decision at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs today (May 28). “The judge was scathing about the town councilors and their conduct. He said that the chairman of the WP misled Parliament. It is very serious to lie in Parliament.”
Today was not the first time Mr Shanmugam has, shorn of parliamentary privilege, described the WP town councillors’ conduct as unlawful. Parliamentary privilege refers to the legal immunity from any action in the courts for words spoken in the course of parliamentary proceedings. The aim is to allow Members to speak freely and frankly without fear of legal consequences.
Note Shanmugam’s use of the word “unlawful” rather than “illegal”. He sounds scathing but has yet to cite an actual law that has been broken. Either the Government should charge the WP MPs and allow them to defend themselves in court or keep quiet. Continually referring to “egregious conduct that must be punished” is just smear tactics.
In an 80-page judgment released on yesterday, Justice Loh had said that AHPETC’s actions were “at the height of financial irresponsibility”, quoted Mr Shanmugam.
No, the height of financial irresponsibility and a Constitutional breach is to produce a statement purporting to show the assets and liabilities of Singapore but which is two years out of date and presented with so little in the way of explanation that it could be termed grossly misleading. The $833 billion of assets shown cannot possibly be correct as I will demonstrate in my next blog. Either there are substantial hidden assets or the Government has lost a lot of money through poor investments or worse.
There is a simpler proof that the Constitution has been breached. Under Article 147 -(4) (b) the Finance Minister is required to present an audited statement as at the end of the last completed financial year to Parliament. This means that when he put Budget 2015 before Parliament he should have provided a statement at the end of March 2014. However the statement he provided was only up to 31 March 2013.
The judgment underscores the fact that action should be taken over the “egregious conduct” of the AHPETC, he added, highlighting that the judge had said the conduct was “possibly criminal” and that the town council could be sued by residents and the Housing and Development Board.
Again “possibly criminal’ and “egregious conduct” are just smears. Either the WP MPs’ conduct is criminal in which case they should and must be charged or it is not. I am surprised that the judge Quentin Loh, who was one of the Appeal Judges in my IMF suit, seems to have overreached himself in his remarks and not confined himself merely to the issue before him.
Mr Shanmugam said: “If this were to happen to a People’s Action Party town council, what do you think Singaporeans would be asking?”
Shanmugam clearly has a very short memory because he forgets the Lehman minibonds saga when two PAP run Town Councils, Holland-Bukit Timah (HBKTTC) and Pasir Ris-Punggol Town Councils (PRPTC), lost 6.7% and 2.7% respectively of their sinking funds in unsuitable investments in structured products issued by Lehman Brothers and Merrill Lynch. While these investments fell well within the limits for investments in securities other than those issued by the Singapore Government of 35% of the sinking fund, the Town Councils concerned broke the spirit if not the letter of the MND guidelines.
These state that investments in foreign currencies are to be for hedging purposes only. While the Lehmans Minibonds and Merrill Lynch Notes may have been denominated in Singapore $ the underlying collateral consisted of foreign currency debt obligations of foreign companies and governments such as Icelandic bank debt. They thus involved substantial currency risk as well as credit risk that the Councils did not have the expertise to assess.
Did the HBKTTC and PRPTC take the advice of a qualified person as they were required to do under the Town Council Financial Rules? There was no proper public investigation of what induced the TCs to put so much of the sinking funds in such risky products nor whether there were inducements or entertainment offered to TC officers in defiance of accepted compliance standards to place so much of their sinking funds into such risky products.
“If this were to happen to a public company, what do you think the shareholders would be saying? Is conduct like this responsible? Is the Government responsible if it just keeps quiet in the face of a judgment from the Supreme Court that says all these things?”
Perhaps Shanmugam expects Singaporeans have forgotten the Hotel Properties Limited (HPL) saga in 1995 but much worse things happened at a public company. Numerous members of the Lee family, including Lee Kuan Yew, Lee Hsien Loong, Lee Hsien Yang and Lee Wei Ling bought multiple units in two new luxury condominiums at substantial discounts to the asking price. These discounts were not divulged to the shareholders or their approval sought and were not available to the public. You can read about it here. Lee Kuan Yew’s younger brother, Lee Suan Yew, was on the board. The Lee family treated it as their own private company without regard to the rights of shareholders. The discounts were not even disclosed until the Stock Exchange (SES) forced HPL to disclose them. The SES forced HPL belatedly to seek shareholder approval and Lee Kuan Yew and his son paid back the discounts they had received. That was a related party transaction that should have been disclosed.
However this should not be the end of the story. Under the Prevention of Corruption Act Article 8 states that there is the presumption of corruption if any gratification is received by someone in the employ of the Government from anyone who seeks to have or has any dealings with the Government. As a property development company HPL certainly had significant dealings with the Government.
In addition to this example there are many egregious conflicts of interest and use of public resources by the Lees and other PAP Ministers that go unchallenged. I wrote about the conflict of interest in having the Prime Minister’s wife as head of Temasek here. Presumably he approves her remuneration even though the Government says it is not in the public interest for Parliament or Singaporeans to be told what it is. There is also the fact that much of the conveyancing business from HDB purchases went to Lee and Lee, which was headed by LKY’s wife. LKY commandeered an SIA aircraft to fly her back when she fell ill in London even though she had no official position and gave her a state funeral.
The judge also noted that “it is clear there are grave and serious questions” in AHPETC, relating to its books and the validity and property of payments made to related parties.
I am still waiting for answers to the questions I have raised over the Government’s finances.
Calling for WP’s Secretary-General Low Thia Kiang and other AHPETC town councillors to take action, Mr Shanmugam said: “(They) have to explain what are they going to do to set right the situation? … What are they going to do to answer the ‘grave and serious questions’ that the court says has been raised? This is pretty serious.”
When does the MOF ever answer grave and serious questions? Do you all remember the IMF loan case? Rather than answer my contention that the Government had broken the Constitution the AG shifted it to a question of whether a private citizen could sue the government. The court ruled that I had no locus standii. Therefore the substantive issue was not fullly heard and I was denied the opportunity of arguing it as fully as it should have been.
I have raised grave and serious questions since then. My concerns over the misleading and inadequate nature of our Budget presentations were serious enough for Huffington Post to publish (see here) but not state media.
Mr Shanmugam said MND will consult the Attorney-General’s Chambers on its next steps, but said the Government has a responsibility to pursue further action.
The Government dear people has the responsibility to answer me. I have raised serious concerns – see my stuff above about how I would love to know that the answer is in Hansard and I am mistaken but ….
Reiterating that the judgment concurs with the government’s position that AHPETC’s conduct “was bad … and actionable”, Mr Shanmugam said the judge was of the view that the Town Councils Act empower the HDB and residents, not MND, to seek legal action.
But the PAP Ministers break the law with impunity and consider obeying the Constitution optional. We have no rule of law. This is because the people have no voice and Parliament is reduced to a rubber stamp.
The Town Council Act was devised by the PAP as another barrier to the election of Opposition MPs. By forcing MPs to be primarily estate managers they prevent Opposition MPs from fulfilling their primary role which should be to hold the Government to account. Town Councils should be directly elected by the residents rather than the current conflict of interest where MPs both run the Town Councils and are supposed to help their residents get their complaints and problems resolved.
“That is something the Attorney-General will advise us on, as to whether it is the correct interpretation, and what they should do about it,” he said.
So stop smearing and get on with it as we would like to see this in open court where WP’s answers cannot be cut from public view.
AHPETC could not be reached for comment today.

Kenneth Jeyaretnam

* The writer blogs at http://sonofadud.com/

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]150517 Paya Lebar Division Kopi with Show Mao[/h]Updated about 3 weeks ago

Photo Credit: Adrian Sim

11270657_897781336949748_3066543910469186628_o.jpg

11011876_897781360283079_5172300523226284892_o.jpg

10838185_897781396949742_8045537273724152202_o.jpg

11247002_897781423616406_5359145703935681897_o.jpg

11224560_897780973616451_3704330538811959591_o.jpg

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=2]Aljunied GRC[/h]We are 50! Fellow Singaporeans and friends, celebrate with your MPs and good neighbours of Aljunied, Hougang and Punggol East this special National Day. Collect a unique commemorative souvenir at the dinner!

11411658_910090072385541_2292265243004252745_o.png

11357186_910090032385545_4359114870869144913_o.png

11246250_910090112385537_7496154979799011051_o.png

11427295_910090099052205_2892893632206756134_o.png

11357117_910090109052204_7315274522642106711_o.png

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
All should read below

Our member sengkang has become a childish and petty boy ! lol

Hmm maybe WP should consider sacking this boy ? :rolleyes:

3vAJK1K.png

Last edited:

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
#‎SG50‬ ‪#‎PAPTownCouncilPolitics‬ "The Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC), run by the Workers’ Party, “will be embarking on direct management” of the town council from July 2015, says an open letter to residents issued by the town council’s chairman, Sylvia Lim.

The decision for direct management was made because there were no takers to the town council’s call for a managing agent in a tender exercise last November.

“We will do our best to keep costs down and protect AHPETC’s long-term financial interests,” Ms Lim, who is also chairman of the WP, says.
The 15-page, four-language letter, which also appears in the latest issue of the AHPETC’s quarterly newsletter, “Good Neighbours”, says that “despite the challenging political climate”, the town council will continue to serve residents to the best of its ability.”

AHPETC would be the second town council to embark on direct management, after the People’s Action Party (PAP) town council of Bishan-Toa Payoh.

The bulk of the AHPETC letter, however, dealt with “misconceptions” which had surfaced in recent months, including charges made against the town council by ministers."

Read on ..

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[h=1]AHPETC to directly manage TC, rebuts Gov’t allegations in letter to residents[/h]
The Aljunied-Hougang-Punggol East Town Council (AHPETC), run by the Workers’ Party, “will be embarking on direct management” of the town council from July 2015, says an open letter to residents issued by the town council’s chairman, Sylvia Lim.

The decision for direct management was made because there were no takers to the town council’s call for a managing agent in a tender exercise last November.

“We will do our best to keep costs down and protect AHPETC’s long-term financial interests,” Ms Lim, who is also chairman of the WP, says.
The 15-page, four-language letter, which also appears in the latest issue of the AHPETC’s quarterly newsletter, “Good Neighbours”, says that “despite the challenging political climate”, the town council will continue to serve residents to the best of its ability.”

AHPETC would be the second town council to embark on direct management, after the People’s Action Party (PAP) town council of Bishan-Toa Payoh.

The bulk of the AHPETC letter, however, dealt with “misconceptions” which had surfaced in recent months, including charges made against the town council by ministers.

Contracts given to “friends”?
On the charge that AHPETC had allegedly given contracts to “friends”, Ms Lim said it has not.

She says that public tenders were called in 2012, 2014 and 2015 for Managing Agents (MA) and Essential Maintenance and Services Unit (EMSU) services.

“Anyone can submit a bid for a public tender,” the town council letter says. “AHPETC does not and cannot reserve contracts for friends in a public tender.”

Ms Lim then explained why a tender was not called for MA services for the period of July 2011 to July 2012.

AHPETC had taken over the town council after the general elections which took place in May 2011.
The contract was awarded to the then newly formed FM Solutions and Services (FMSS), which consisted primarily of managers and staff from the former Hougang Town Council, Ms Lim says.

“This was in order to ensure a smooth takeover of town management in view of the short time on hand to do so and to avoid any disruption in services to the residents.”

That year, the PAP-run Potong Pasir Town Council had also foregone a public tender for a managing agent. The town council was formerly run by the opposition Singapore People’s Party before the 2011 elections.

“Not calling a public tenderfor an MA contract is allowed under Para 76 of the Town Councils Financial Rules,” Ms Lim’s letter to residents says.
“However, the town councillors did not award a standard three-year MA contract to FMSS at this point, as the Town Council intended to call for a public tender for MA services as soon as possible after takeover of town management has been completed and operations have been stabilised.”

AHPETC “overpaid” MA? Did PAP TCs overpay MAs?

Ms Lim then turned to the allegation that it had “overpaid” its MA, FMSS.
Government ministers have claimed that AHPETC had “overpaid” FMSS by an estimated S$1.6 million a year, and an estimated S$6.4 million over four years.

In particular, Ms Lim pointed to the charts presented in Parliament on the debate on the Auditor General’s report by Law Minister K Shanmugam.
Ms Lim’s letter republished the said charts.

The letter then went into the details of how PAP town councils charged for MA services, and why AHPETC had paid the rates for their own MA.
Ms Lim noted that “MA rates of PAP town councils in 2014 were lower compared to preceding years for six TCs.”

“In 2011, there were eight PAP TCs with MA rates per residential unit over $6, and nine in 2012 and 2013.

“In 2014, the number dropped to five and the ‘weighted average’ MA rate in PAP TCs was the lowest.”

Ms Lim also observed that in 2013, MA rates per residential unit “dropped drastically in 2014 for four PAP TCs even though the MA did not change.”

“East Coast from $6.30 to $5.10; Moulmein-Kallang from $6.63 to $5.80; Pasir Ris-Punggol from $6.25 to $5.50; and Potong Pasir from a high of $7.80 to $5.80.”

For commercial units, Ms Lim noted that prior to 2014, “some MAs of PAP TCs practiced [sic] charging a higher rate for managing commercial property compared to residential property.”

“For example, the MA rate for commercial units at East Coast and Pasir Ris TCs were $11.50 when the residential rates were in the range of $6,” the AHPETC letter says.

In 2014, this practice was apparently changed – all MAs managing PAP TCs adopted a flat rate for both residential and commercial units.
“Hence, by taking the 2014 rates only, the commercial rate of $14.92 for AHPETC stood out compared with the flat rates of PAP TCs,” Ms Lim says.

“In any case, if we use the same logic of the ministers to derive at ‘overpayment’ estimates, PAP TCs such as Tanjong Pagar (77,300 units), Nee Soon (65,000 units) and Sembawang (67,000 units) are also overpaying their MAs by around $860,000, $530,000 and $550,000 a year respectively.”

Ms Lim says she is not alleging that the three PAP town councils are in fact overpaying their MAs.

“My point is that comparing the MA rates of a TC to the ‘weighted average’ of MA rates for all TCs is not a good way to judge the fairness of rates charged by the MA,” she explains, adding that the charts presented to Parliament reflect the different geography and requirements of each town councils.

Using former PAP ATC as reference point
Ms Lim explains that AHPETC had used the rates charged by the PAP’s town council, Aljunied Town Council (ATC), prior to the PAP’s defeat in the constituency in the 2011 elections, as reference point for its own rates.

The ATC had used CPG Facilities Management (CPG) as its MA then.

When FMSS took over the running of the town from CPG in 2011/2012, the contract was based on the rate agreed between ATC and CPG.
“In other words, our contract with FMSS was substantially the same as CPG’s contractual MA rates for the second year, $6.37 for residential unit and $12.80 for commercial unit,” Ms Lim says.

However, Ms Lim also explains that there was a second cost component to be considered for the contract – the costs of the taking over of existing staff of the former Hougang Town Council at their then existing salary and also the costs of some additional staff to help with the handover.

Contracts 2012 and 2014

For its tenders for MA services in 2012 and 2014, AHPETC did not receive any competing bids.
“Only FMSS submitted a bid for our public tender for MA in 2012,” Ms Lim says.

“In the absence of a competing bid, we again returned to the CPG contractual rates and used the third year rate (2012) as the reference point.”
The contract was awarded to FMSS at the rate of $7.01 for residential units.

This rate represented an estimated “premium” of approximately 4 per cent compared to the third year CPG rate of $6.73.
One of the reasons for this was the need to operate an additional TC office in Kaki Bukit, and that FMSS had a “lower economies of scale” because it was a smaller operator, compared to CPG.

“We were also aware of the MA rates in several PAP TCs being in the range of $6 to $7 at the time of the tender, ie in 2012,” Ms Lim’s letter says.
“The subsequent rise in FMSS’ contractual MA rate from $7.01 in 2012/2013 to $7.43 for 2013/2014 for residential units mirrors the annual 6 per cent rise in the CPG contractual MA rates for residential units,” she added.

“To summarise, our contractual commitments with FMSS have been based on strict reasoning using available market information in 2012 when tender was called in the absence of competing bids, while placing residents’ interests in undisputed services at the forefront,” Ms Lim says.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/201...buts-govt-allegations-in-letter-to-residents/

sengkang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=1]UNDERDOGS WORKERS PARTY HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PAY MORE THAN MARKET RATE FOR ESSENTIAL SERVICES[/h] Submitted by farhan on Thu, 11/06/2015 - 3:31pm
wp-towncouncil-fixed-opposition.jpg

This has precisely always been the truth until pap ibs distort it and frame WP.
All the bidders are pap lackeys who are dependent on pap projects to made a living.

Ever since WP win over that ward in the election the pap have been sore about it and no one dare to bid and work for WP for fear of incurring PAP wrath and losing their projects and business in the future.

WP face with the issue of needing to service the community they are tasked to take care found themselves have money(公款)but no bidders daring to accept their projects thus WP have no choice but to look among their own supporters to settle the issues.

The supporters of WP are mostly underdogs and suppressed common people in society with small business and humble means.
They can't take on such a big project and thus in order to made these business grow and develop into entities that are large enough to take care of the projects the WP have to pay higher than market rates to help them build up their business first before these towkays can help WP and the people in that ward effectively.

Pap and their hantus see a chance to attack and accuse WP of practising nepotism and mishandling of public funds.
This is all dirty politics and scum behaviours.

Pap instil fear in their loyalists and no one dare to take on WP tender to do work.
Under this type of circumstances what would you expect WP to do?

Friends please vote in worker party if they come to your ward in the upcoming election.
Vote in people who care for you and our country not people who care only for their own pockets.

The more opposition in Parliament the less time pap have ways to come up with self serving policies to screw you.
Pap fear WP that is why they harm and do political fixing on WP for an entire 5 years since the last election until now instead of using the time to solve the fundamental problems which their policies have cause Singaporeans to face everyday.

Keith Lee

http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...hoice-pay-more-market-rate-essential-services

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was a die hard late JBJ supporter.
i never missed a rally even was very rain at the East Coast Park.
I attended WP rally when Francis Seow present his opening speech by saying, "please lend me your ear"
Today i completely lost hope on Workers' Party.
When PM ask LTK whether should WKS to resign? LTK has no ball just to say a simple "Yes"
With 3 seconds no reply from LTK concluded that WP is a fake opposition party.
Look, what had WP done these 3 years?????
WP MPs doing hair cut for elderly, organised excursion durian tour !!!!
WP talk about babies issues inside parliament.
Even late LKY sometimes praise LTK.
Come GE16, no way WP able to gain one more seat, WP may lost Aljunied GRC, Punggol East just to retained Hougang.
Hope there are 3 corners fight and to kick out WP and PAP.
WP under LTK will no longer progress as he has no ball to confront PAP.
All WP MPs are no match for 16 years boy name Famous Amos.

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
So our swissbank got alot of balls huh ?

Then why not you do the talking instead of Amos ?

We wait for you to become next Amos :rolleyes:

If swissbank you don't dare....Then please SHUT THE FUXK UP

niPMtBz.jpg

LOL2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
current WP will not progress further under LTK leadership
BUT....WILL WIN MORE VOTES...More GRC...More SMC Win....Cheers WP ! Keep the votes coming for WP :wink:

Thanks swissbank for bumping sengkang thread and creating more awareness for WP.....Once again thanks :biggrin: