• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

What would be a good place for migration?

f0xman

You can't lump the whole of Australia under one banner.

Which part of Australia led you to that conclusion?

Well, I stayed in Melbourne and Sydney for about 3 weeks and took a holiday around Perth for 10 days.

I felt Perth was a little too slow. Even the locals regarded the area as a "retirement" community. It was a good trip down the coast and to Margaret River, but other than that, not sure I would want to stay there.

Melbourne and Sydney were more to my liking. A nice surb-urban area with within distance of happening city life.

dan_nuke

i would recommend london cos my friend jus went there the pace shoik sia everyday after work everyone will jio u go drink one
their beer like water sia
so relax de less stressful

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha, If me i thinking of going to China when i retire and get all my CPF. ....D:biggrin:

Bro, just a word of reminder hor, that means you are going to give up your citizenship.

If you are really serious about moving, keep your CPF here. Love it or hate it, your red passport is still worth alot in this world for now :smile:

jw5

Loyal
hi bros....just want to give mt 2 cents worth on this topic. actually i am a malaysian who worked in singapore for about 15 years then decided to return to malaysia......and after 3 years i wondered why i return home. there are many good points in singapore which bros cannot find in malaysia or at least not so easy to find...
:p easy efficient public transport....compare to KL...after u alight from LRT no taxi stand no shopping mall no bus stop, interchange...instead you need to take taxi.....then get killed by the no taxi-meter taxis.......

:p geylang.....joo chiat....ktv, massage parlor with bbbj prc........being a samster this is the hardest to take....for my area i stay in, is like a dead area/ghost town...also some of the massge parlour cleanliness is pathetic, the prc all mostly dino...endless raid by damn gov officer....used to recce geylang area for prc chicks but u don't get any red lights at all in malaysia that's for sure

:rolleyes:speaking of geylang....remind me of the foodies stall in the area...well many would claim the many good food in malaysia....but frankly speaking i find that the hygiene is better in s;pore not to mention that they take more care in putting too much oil, fat in the food prepared

:mad: one of the world worst internet service provider streamyx...where line can drop any timeand 4Mbps cost an exorbitant RM288!!!! WTF!!!! i took me 1 week just to activate my account....compare that to starhub which i was subsribed to when i was in s;pore...S$60+ for 6Mbps...plug n pla too

and there are many more good points...ill-disciplined road drivers...tons of bangla, nepalese, indos (the gov strategy of making an islamic nation)...thefts, roadside thefts...mat rempits, ankasawan!!....

of coz here i am comparing singapore to malaysia, not NZ, australia, canada, etc...

so bros here might be wondering what's my plan now....well i am currently contracted to work in this shit company.....where u dun find any eye-candy at all....so after the contract is over will be back in singapore for sure AS A FOREIGN TALENT :biggrin:
You actually make some good points.
S'pore is a very good place to live in many ways.
It's just that it's too restrictive in some ways.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well, I stayed in Melbourne and Sydney for about 3 weeks and took a holiday around Perth for 10 days.

I felt Perth was a little too slow. Even the locals regarded the area as a "retirement" community. It was a good trip down the coast and to Margaret River, but other than that, not sure I would want to stay there.

Melbourne and Sydney were more to my liking. A nice surb-urban area with within distance of happening city life.

Perth "community city" is for me ... don't like city life.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
plenty of other countries that offer a better quality of life, plenty of other countries that offer better opportunities in life, plenty of other countries that offer a brand new life.

wherever the location maybe on the atlas, the key is adaptability & affordability. can adapt, cant afford also no use... can afford, cant adapt.. also square 1.

Hock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, just a word of reminder hor, that means you are going to give up your citizenship.

If you are really serious about moving, keep your CPF here. Love it or hate it, your red passport is still worth alot in this world for now :smile:

It's better to get your CPF out while you still can. The window of
opportunity is closing fast. Emigrating Singaporeans will not be allowed
to take out CPF when dual citizenships become effective. :eek:

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
I always think about pple who said that Singapore is not a good place, fark here and there...bla bla bla...but the thing is they continue to work and earn their keep at the very own country they fark...

This is very very true. :p

Food, culture, stability in country is what I look at.

Canada is kinda cool, but I need to stay there longer for a 3-6 mths stretch to see whether is good enough.

Middle East no. South East Asia, no place that can win Singapore. Asia, only with HK and Japan. Japan I don't quite like the food. Can't adapt. Americas not so safe. Basically, got to go Mauritius then. Must find more time to go there and see whether worth it or not.

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
:p geylang.....joo chiat....ktv, massage parlor with bbbj prc........being a samster this is the hardest to take....for my area i stay in, is like a dead area/ghost town...also some of the massge parlour cleanliness is pathetic, the prc all mostly dino...endless raid by damn gov officer....used to recce geylang area for prc chicks but u don't get any red lights at all in malaysia that's for sure

I don't think any Samster can bear to quit Singapore. :biggrin:

Being legal, Geylang is the best. You can pump all you want with peace of mind. :rolleyes:

Of the countries listed, the other country offering what Geylang has to offer is Thailand (assumming it's legal).

hunter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Canada is kinda cool, but I need to stay there longer for a 3-6 mths stretch to see whether is good enough.

Canada is cold and may not be as safe as one thinks.

Basically, got to go Mauritius then. Must find more time to go there and see whether worth it or not.

Mauritius is a good place to consider. Can live like a king there. The natives there treat chinese who has fairer skin as if they are superior to them.

The other place, Christmas Island. Here you become an Australian without all the mainland crap. You live peacefully and cheaply in Christmas Island.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wah, I didn't know this thread lasts so long...when i started this thread i was looking for answers....but now i have found my answer, so seldom come here

enjoy yourselves guys....

guy2100

Alfrescian
Loyal
Australia will be for me irregardless about what people say about the cost of living there. As long as a semi-detach home cost 1/10 of those in Singapore, i will still head there.

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's interesting you mention X'mas island. If you're willing to accept "back to basics", it will be paradise. They don't like modern amenities and infrastructure, and you have to deal with the annual migration of billions of crabs.

The other place, Christmas Island. Here you become an Australian without all the mainland crap. You live peacefully and cheaply in Christmas Island.