• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amit NagPAP Talks Cock AGAIN! Bootlicker

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>Happy birthday, Singapore, and thanks for teaching me how to eat leaves and trees
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- more than 4 paragraphs -->THERE is famous joke about me. Nine years ago, when I first came to Singapore, I was a 24-year-old wide-eyed boy from New Delhi, on my first overseas trip. My then boss and his family took me to dinner at a fine-dining Chinese restaurant in town. I was excited as I love Chinese food. Imagine my surprise then when I looked at the menu and couldn't find any of the 'Chinese' dishes I gorged on in Delhi, notably - hot and sour soup, chicken chowmein, chilli chicken, crispy chilli lamb and chicken Manchurian.
All I could see was strange and alien names such as shark's fin, abalone, sea cucumber, dimsum, kailan and stir-fried broccoli.
My head was reeling so I asked my boss to order for me. Food came, but no chowmein or chilli chicken. Mostly rice, fish, dimsum and some greens, in many courses. And did I mention, I was the only one in the restaurant eating with cutlery and not chopsticks?
The waiter served me baby kailan in oyster sauce. One look and I was ready to throw up. My boss noticed the distressed look on my face and asked me why. I asked him: 'Sir, you want me to eat leaves?' For two excruciatingly long seconds, everything stood still, then they all put their chopsticks down to hold thei side amid uncontrollable laughter. I didn't get the joke.
Another course, this time stir-fried broccoli. Some on the table were still clutching their sides and laughing. Some broke into sudden fits of laughter. What I said later almost killed a few, they almost choked with laughter. Looking at my plate full of broccoli, I said: 'First you want me to eat leaves, now you want me to eat the whole tree.'
That was it. Uncontrollable spasms of laughter followed. I decided to keep quiet for the rest of the evening. It is another matter altogether that I am still teased about this.
Cut to today. Nine years after I stepped on an aeroplane for the first time in my life and about 40 overseas trips later, with a blue IC in my name, I can proudly say that garlic baby kailan at Yet Con chicken rice shop is one of my favourite dishes. I even force many of my local Chinese friends to try the chicken rice and kailan there. And Katong laksa... yummy. How can one not talk about Marina Square duck and roast pork mixed rice? Or Tiong Bahru porridge for that matter. Abdullah beriani at Tekka is even better than that in India and Koka wanton noodles at North Bridge food market tastes heavenly, even after waiting for 45 minutes. And satay... oh man... I just love the satay at Lau Pa Sat and Esplanade. Team them up with a chilled Tiger beer and you're in seventh heaven.
Ah and don't forget Hokkien mee, hor fun, economic bee hoon with crispy chicken wing and chilli sauce on the side... I could go on and on...but I'm drooling already!
Happy birthday, Singapore... and thank you for the amazing food. Amit Nagpal

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=heading>Latest comments</TD></TR><TR><TD id=messageDisplayRegion width="100%"><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Silly to be appalled over people who are daring enough to speak their minds.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: AlmostChristian at Sat Aug 09 13:49:52 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=AlternatePost style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>I'm rather apalled and ashamed that the writer who has penned a complimentary piece about how he has come such a long way in learning to enjoy Singaporean food can be met with such bigoted, immature and ungracious comments in this forum. Singapore does have much to offer - and I am sure I am not alone in appreciating people who tell me so. Too all our international readers of this forum, I hope you don't think the negative comments are indicative of the general sentiment in Singapore. Every country has their fair share of bitter, narrow-minded individuals who don't know how to say thank you with a smile. Singapore, unfortunatly is no different...
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: mytwocentsworth at Sat Aug 09 13:41:57 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Please do not forget to wipe your mouth and rinse it too at the basin.

Water is precious in RD. Plenty in the Indus, isn't it Please rinse each mouthful with gratitude.

If you can, please eat the last grain of rice and swallow it into the gullet with Gratitude. Can try lor, not difficult, isn't it?

AYB? [email protected] if have any issues.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: FixFixFix at Sat Aug 09 11:44:11 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=AlternatePost style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>please please please, cut all these hypocrite craps....
You decided to get a blue IC, isn't it because this place offers you better material needs than your hometown? didn't you stay because that job that pays better? because of that job prospect that looks brighter? or maybe because US rejected your green card application? so cut all these emotional attachments craps to singapore's food or places or people please!
it borders on disgust....
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: threesixzero at Sat Aug 09 11:40:19 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=2 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left><TABLE class=Post style="WIDTH: 100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Ok, now I understand why you are still holding on to your PR status. You really don't need a pink IC to enjoy good food in Singapore.

Singapore is just a nice big wonderful restaurant for you. Once you have finished your makan, you will leave.
</TD></TR><TR><TD style="VERTICAL-ALIGN: top" align=left>Posted by: AlmostChristian at Sat Aug 09 11:38:58 SGT 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

wallace

Alfrescian
Loyal
This letter is not too bad. Some neh neh like our country so much, like our food so much, I have no complaints.

It is not like he is complaining about Singapore and it's food.

But of course if he start bitching for things that are not for PRs, it's different story lor. Just take up citizenship and end of story, hor, Amit.

sammyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
same cb kia who threatened to sue kids at HWZ forum when they help exposed his details which he himself posted online...

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This Giant Lampa and PAP are a match made in heaven

Bollywood%2Bdance.jpg

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i thinked he cooked up the leaves and trees joke. if his story was real, his boss must be laughing at his stupidity and country bumpkin-ness.

jbsmith

Alfrescian
Loyal
No harm letting him to have a little fun, as long as he doesn't demand to buy direct from HDB.:wink:

saf_ranger

Alfrescian
Loyal
remember what our PM say ,bread is bread ,rice is rice so neh neh is forever neh neh.neh neh cannot be trusted.just one day FT overthrow PAP.and this is the END of singapore

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He's at it again..... :biggrin:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?p=252462#post252462

Counting the blessings after moving to Singapore <!-- headline one : end -->

THREE years ago in India, I was faced with a choice - take a job in Singapore, migrate to Australia or move to the United States where we have family.

At 31, whatever decision I took meant there would be no turning back as I was not getting any younger.

At that time, Australia was the most sought-after and fastest-growing destination for students and potential immigrants. A thorough check confirmed that I would comfortably clear the requirements to be considered for Australian immigration. So after a short stint in Thailand, when I got a chance to move to Singapore with a job, the question was staring in my face - Singapore, Australia or the US?

I ruled out the US because I did not want my four-year-old boy and future children (now I have an 18-month-old daughter as well) to grow up in a place where drugs and firearms are freely available.

Today, I am glad I did not listen to many well-wishers and know-it-alls and bore their smirks and head shakes when I chose Singapore over Australia.

Do not get me wrong. I am not censuring Australia or Australians. I am merely putting Singapore on a higher pedestal than any other country.

What is happening in Australia now with attacks on Indian students and the latest reports of Indian students fighting back is deeply disturbing and saddening and I hope it ends soon. I obviously did not foresee this. I am just happy that I listened to my heart and came to Singapore.

And boy, am I glad I did. No, it may not have been a walk in the park, but things are definitely getting better.

And that is why we - that is my wife, both children and I - chose to become permanent residents last year, one year after our arrival.

Thank you, Singapore.

Amit Nagpal