• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AngMoh: Dun Call Me Caucasian OK?

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Caucasian, a term I dislike.'
<!-- story content : start -->DR GIL SCHNEIDER: 'At the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority I was recently asked to state my race. The lady at the counter suggested 'Caucasian', a term I dislike. In Europe, Caucasian refers to a person or language from the Caucasus region. It is mainly in the United States, however, that this terms means a person of white skin. The term has its roots in 19th-century efforts by dubious academics trying to establish race categories which are scientifically discredited and which formed the foundations of absurd Fascist and Nazi race theories. I therefore appeal to all government bodies and the public at large to drop this term and replace it with something more appropriate and less offensive. Even if it is not entirely correct, 'European' would be a better choice.'

AvalanCh3

Alfrescian
Loyal
its just like how ang mo call chinese as chinaman, so wads the appeal? don like can appeal to sg goverment.

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
<!-- story content : start -->DR GIL SCHNEIDER: 'At the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority I was recently asked to state my race. The lady at the counter suggested 'Caucasian', a term I dislike. In Europe, Caucasian refers to a person or language from the Caucasus region. It is mainly in the United States, however, that this terms means a person of white skin. The term has its roots in 19th-century efforts by dubious academics trying to establish race categories which are scientifically discredited and which formed the foundations of absurd Fascist and Nazi race theories. I therefore appeal to all government bodies and the public at large to drop this term and replace it with something more appropriate and less offensive. Even if it is not entirely correct, 'European' would be a better choice.'

How about white?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Caucasian is such a broad caterorization. Its like calling all east asians mongoloids. Using caucasian would include arabs, even east africans like ethopians, jews etc which obviously is not what wer are referring to when we mention caucasian.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How about White Trash? I think this term suits him. If he don't like what they call, he can leave Sg which also do him good.

Go to thailand, he is call farang, which also means guava. By borrowing the name from a fruit, i think it is not that offensive.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
ang moh can go fuck himself. dun understand why pple feel the need to impose themselves on others. it is not as if caucasians is derogatory.

i_am_belle

Alfrescian
Loyal
he doesnt like 2b called caucasian bcos he doesnt want 2b associated with the nazi ...

and the reason - he's a jew - schneider ... not a happy american jew but an unhappy one still living in europe ... :wink:

sometimes the things an ang mo says may be puzzling to us asians eg. hate the term 'caucasian' ... but they actually have emotional baggage we're unaware of ...

and bcos they're ashamed of their emotional baggage, they don't clarify them .... instead they blame the asians for being ignorant of their ways & culture ...

he hates 2b called caucasian cos he's a hooked nose jew ... haha :smile:

AhBeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think we should call them "pariah dogs"...since they sometimes don't even know who is their daddy or mummy................

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't like the term "angmo" literally meaning red hair... used by imperial chinese for their hair on red skin.....

ok lah... don't use 'caucasian'.. use 'cockcansian'.. ok ok ?

beng