• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S$370,000 worth of heroin seized in CNB operation

SammyHulk

Alfrescian
Loyal
S$370,000 worth of heroin seized in CNB operation

SINGAPORE : A two-day islandwide anti-drug operation rounded up 10 suspected traffickers and 25 suspected drug abusers on Friday.

A total of 1.5 kilogrammes of heroin, 2 grammes of 'ice', 3 grammes of ketamine and 2 'ecstasy' tablets was also seized. The heroin alone had a street value of over S$370,000.

The biggest haul was from a home in Yishun which had been used as a main store, where some 1.2 kilogrammes of heroin was recovered.

In addition, two hideouts in Ang Mo Kio used by a syndicate were smashed by Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) officers on Thursday. They arrested a suspected trafficker at the lift lobby of Block 235, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, shortly before 1pm.

The 50-year-old man had 6 grammes of heroin on him, and a further 111 grammes of the drug in a black suitcase at his hideout in the same block.

45 minutes later, another man - the owner of the hideout unit - was arrested at the block's void deck. The 46-year-old stall assistant was found carrying 0.7 gramme of heroin.

In a simultaneous raid at the syndicate's second hideout at Block 230 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 3, CNB officers arrested another 46-year-old unemployed man. He had 0.4 gramme of heroin hidden in a bedroom toilet.

Another suspect showed up at the hideout a few minutes later and was immediately arrested. The 24-year-old unemployed man had 137 grammes of heroin in his sling bag.

A follow-up raid on his home showed that it was being used as the main store. Some 1.2 kilogrammes of heroin were seized, together with various drug paraphernalia.

The men are being investigated for drug trafficking. If convicted, they face the death penalty. - CNA /ls

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/359839/1/.html

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
A total of 1.5 kilogrammes of heroin, 2 grammes of 'ice', 3 grammes of ketamine and 2 'ecstasy' tablets was also seized. The heroin alone had a street value of over S$370,000.

wa sei , this is enough to dunno hang him how many times liao. Sigh

shrek2

Alfrescian
Loyal
actually this is small potatoes compared to the amount that is trafficked through the countries north of afghanistan, like uzbeckistan. they are even closer to the epicentre of drug production. but over there i'm not sure if hanging is legislated for such offences. even if it is, i think the barons are probably too rich to be prosecuted. think our cnb has been doing a good job - i mean it can't keep everything out, but the effort is there. as for the chap who faces the gallows, well, he knew what risk he was taking, so there.

Harry Lee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good job

make sure those not charged goes under CLTP

I Harry, am the real raja.......not that fellow "Siapa Raja" and don't you forget it!

glock

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, he knew what risk he was taking, so there.

i think a lot of people.....they dont think it apply to them because they think it wont happen.think they wont get caught

these 2....find out they are wrong. but too late to regret for this, singapore really dont play play when come to drug offences

50 yr old... not young some more.

i wonder how much money they made already?

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good job

make sure those not charged goes under CLTP

I Harry, am the real raja.......not that fellow "Siapa Raja" and don't you forget it!

My power is our only hope! I now declare a rebellion against the evil court! To Liangshan! :biggrin:

storm

Alfrescian
Loyal
As much as I love freedom, drugs are NO NO to me.

I won't even want my children to get anywhere close to those things.