• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Walter Woon - I am starting to eat my words

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happenned? I thought I knew this guy.

The last straw was he mentioning that the judicary appointment and employment tenure is independently determined with no interference from the executive. What about Michael Khoo, was that a coincidence.

I also thought old man did the preliminary interview for all high court judges with CJ for a very long time.

Then holding up the SPH as a model of objective journalism with altruistic intentions. ( thats when I choked, vomitted, blood pressure went up, dick went flaccid)

Has he been smoking grass?

Even Tommy Koh who was close to some members of the cabinet took on the SPH on a number of occasions.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the very least, Walter Woon is NOT an opposition MP.

The last time I heard LOW Thia Kiang praising the PAP in a media interview and his protege YAW Shin Leong proudly boasted he voted for PAP, I almost fainted.

GoldenPeriod

Alfrescian
Loyal

The last straw was he mentioning that the judicary appointment and employment tenure is independently determined with no interference from the executive. What about Michael Khoo, was that a coincidence.

I also thought old man did the preliminary interview for all high court judges with CJ for a very long time.

Then holding up the SPH as a model of objective journalism with altruistic intentions. ( thats when I choked, vomitted, blood pressure went up, dick went flaccid)

Even Tommy Koh who was close to some members of the cabinet took on the SPH on a number of occasions.

we dont say smoking grass, we say smoke crack. you can buy grass. Buy grass, smoke crack. want to sue slang use properly pls.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

Money buys mind... walter is no exception.. he is human after all.. after praising pap media and now the pap judiciary... don't expect any credibility from this guy... a person who can say words despite the contrary facts in front of him has no credibility...

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what Michael Khoo thought when he read these remarks:rolleyes:

Perhaps Walter may be looking at 'upgrading' his car plate from SJ2 to SJ1 in the foreseeable future:biggrin:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wonder what Michael Khoo thought when he read these remarks:rolleyes:

Perhaps Walter may be looking at 'upgrading' his car plate from SJ2 to SJ1 in the foreseeable future:biggrin:

This really puzzles me. When in the civil service you do things that is asked of you but you do not go overboard knowing the lay of the land and your own principles. Walter seems to think there is actually no executive interference. I wonder what he thought of the JBJ privy council issues where the ruling was not recognised prior to removing as part of our judicial process.

Looks like LHL read him well.

By the way, Philip J's arguments were rather tame. Did not seem keen to step on toes and I suppose understandable.

I am sure not only Michael but the legal fraternity as well must be puzzled.

I wonder if he has a circle of friends or is he loner and has little idea of the general perception.

Seems odd after the appointment of VK or was it to balance out VK

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money buys mind... walter is no exception.. he is human after all.. after praising pap media and now the pap judiciary... don't expect any credibility from this guy... a person who can say words despite the contrary facts in front of him has no credibility...

Very disturbing bro. Even Chan found a devious way to argue the counting centre issue but this guy is speaking as thought he is personally convinced.

I have no doubt that the foreign press have an agenda and knew what they were doing which they do to their politicians back home but his points on SPH as a model is such a joke.

In my living memory, he is the first non politician to complement the SPH. Of course Lionel de Souza is not considered part of the human race.

locky2ky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very disturbing bro. Even Chan found a devious way to argue the counting centre issue but this guy is speaking as thought he is personally convinced.

I have no doubt that the foreign press have an agenda and knew what they were doing which they do to their politicians back home but his points on SPH as a model is such a joke.

In my living memory, he is the first non politician to complement the SPH. Of course Lionel de Souza is not considered part of the human race.

his master should ask him to shut up. the more he speaks the more he besmirches the judiciary.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is what PAP is doing to those who spoke out against them.
once they get you into their system,you have no way to escape and will speak for them.
already a lot of similar cases,Walter is no different.

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

perhaps its gd to give walter the benefit of doubts as he is between a rock and a hard place, either way if he aint careful, he could kiss his career, if there is any... good bye

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal

walter has to sound sincere... his career depends on it... and so do many other pap cronies... none of the pap and its cronies talk human anyway... :biggrin::biggrin:

Conan the Barbarian

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Agent Smith got him.

If I remember correctly, many yrs back when he was a law lecturer, he did seem anti-pap from the way he speaks.

Guess after seeing what happened to CSJ, and the 66.6% who never wanted anything but PAP, he must have seen the futility of it.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
perhaps its gd to give walter the benefit of doubts as he is between a rock and a hard place, either way if he aint careful, he could kiss his career, if there is any... good bye

walter has to sound sincere... his career depends on it... and so do many other pap cronies... none of the pap and its cronies talk human anyway... :biggrin::biggrin:

I think Agent Smith got him.

If I remember correctly, many yrs back when he was a law lecturer, he did seem anti-pap from the way he speaks.
Do agree that he is in a difficult position but he did not have to fight this case himself, he also did not have to point to ST as a model press etc The point about legal service independence I suppose he had little choice.

Yes, I do recall that he was very independent minded in the past and while he was NMP you could see that too was the case.

Thus the disappointment.

jw5

Loyal

What is Michael Khoo doing these days?

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Get this. Judges, AGs etc will not be chosen because they are obedient. Obedience can change. They are chosen for their ingrained views. And this is not unique to Singapore. Bush won in 2000 because a majority of the US Supreme Court, being chosen by his father and his father's boss, were conservatives and would lean in favour of the conservative candidate - Bush.

Walter Woon may not approve of everything the government does but, from what his students say, he is quite a no-nonsense person, even more extreme in that respect than the government - he is prepared to force Singaporeans to maintain their parents when the government felt it was interfering too much with the fabric of the family. . He also wouldn't tolerate stupidity either. So you can bet that, for so long as the reCHEEme is going to preach and practice disorderly conduct, he is going to go after them with a big stick.

Do agree that he is in a difficult position but he did not have to fight this case himself, he also did not have to point to ST as a model press etc The point about legal service independence I suppose he had little choice.

Yes, I do recall that he was very independent minded in the past and while he was NMP you could see that too was the case.

Thus the disappointment.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think "benefit of the doubt" may have long since passed. What a pity because I still have great respect for Walter's intellect.