• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tempers frayed during last DBS meeting

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
“What is the bank’s responsibility ? We had trust in you. Where is your trust now when we need you ?”

- Unknown investor heard ranting at DBS’s management behind closed doors

“We can never be satisfied until the bank makes a final decision.”

- Mr Chia, whose mother invested S$600,000 in high notes 5

“How the outcome turns out will decide whether if I will continue to bank with them.”

- Mr Wong, who invested S$50,000

Watch CNA video here: http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/04/tempers-frayed-during-dbs-last-dialogue-session-with-investors/

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
“What is the bank’s responsibility ? We had trust in you. Where is your trust now when we need you ?”

“How the outcome turns out will decide whether if I will continue to bank with them.”

Watch CNA video here: http://wayangparty.com/2008/11/04/tempers-frayed-during-dbs-last-dialogue-session-with-investors/

all right you cowards... you voted for pap.. and the dbs is a pap glc...

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LKY cannot take pain and smart people. So this the collective price of bringing in nincompoops to serve him Systematic failures begins now. The price for fear of failure is total complete failure.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I believe they are just dragging their feet, with all this dialogue and stuff going on, wearing the patience of the investor.

I don't think they are going to get anything back, when they have declared that the high notes are worthless.

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the banks keep dragging the case for months...the investors will lose their anger.....and finally resigned to fate.

Part of the strategy of what peaceful talks are.
Ding dong here, ding dong there.
and everyone forget and forgive.

:biggrin: :o :biggrin:

Lee_cunt_yew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will any one please tell me a reasonable theory that when suckers bought bonds from banks and lost some other suckers had to be made to pay them back.

So you please also tell me if some suckers bought condos and found out in the end that they worthed less than pigeon holes does developers pay them back or who will be the suckers?

How about HDB to back pay home owners when prices of pigeon holes dropped?

Huh?

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condos worth less than pigeon holes is okie...afterall...the value just drop..u still can rent it out or stay in that condo.

But when the condo collapsed....ground zero like Hotel New World...where is your value of ur condo?
Before u buy that condo...u ask the developer condo agent...is the building structure safe?

And he replied with great confidence....and tell u the cement is the finest, the brick is the strongest, the architect is the most experienced.
Nothing to worry about.

And there you are, punting all ur savings into that condo...and only realised,
months later....the condo building collapsed like dominoes....gone with the wind.

So...suffered in silence
or
sue the developer for poor building structure?

Take ur pick.

:o :biggrin: :o

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
And he replied with great confidence....and tell u the cement is the finest, the brick is the strongest, the architect is the most experienced.
Nothing to worry about.

And there you are, punting all ur sa
=================================

but condo not suppose to fall down whereas all investment are RISKY which is understooded.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Will any one please tell me a reasonable theory that when suckers bought bonds from banks and lost some other suckers had to be made to pay them back.

So you please also tell me if some suckers bought condos and found out in the end that they worthed less than pigeon holes does developers pay them back or who will be the suckers?

How about HDB to back pay home owners when prices of pigeon holes dropped?

Huh?

bro, wat u said is not wrong. but a lot of them kena hard sale and conned to sign at the doted line. of cos all kpkb lah! i kena by them also when go to the bank, those sales staffs reali wan to con u all the way man!!! see you got few 10k in normal saving a/c, lai liao. all the product high returns and all can get back full amount for wat u paid for. dunno why no one try to record down wat they said. i never thought of it, if not will record and share it here. reali all con man and con woman. next time if they ask me to sit down and buy, i will spit at them.

Z

Zombie

Before u buy that condo...u ask the developer condo agent...is the building structure safe?

You buy structured product, is like buying condo in earthquake zone.

The developer told you it is safe but they also tell you that it is in earthquake zone.

Now there is an earthquake, your condo collapses.

You blame God for not regulating the earthquake,
you blame the developer for telling you it is safe,
but you forget to blame yourself.

tristesse

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is exactly how they handled a credit card fraud which i encountered. They handled it rather differently from UOB, and it pissed the hell outta me. Once the case closed, i closed all my accounts with them too.

C

cliffstyle

Talk about what? Just bring them to court. SImple as that.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They should make a statue call high note 5 in singapore

to celebrate sinkies trust in bank staff, who only want commission

and not think or read on their own.

and also trust AAA rating from USA

ZMA1

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro, wat u said is not wrong. but a lot of them kena hard sale and conned to sign at the doted line. of cos all kpkb lah! i kena by them also when go to the bank, those sales staffs reali wan to con u all the way man!!! see you got few 10k in normal saving a/c, lai liao. all the product high returns and all can get back full amount for wat u paid for. dunno why no one try to record down wat they said. i never thought of it, if not will record and share it here. reali all con man and con woman. next time if they ask me to sit down and buy, i will spit at them.

All these morons who are greedy deserve it. No one put a gun to their heads and asked them to part with their money. At that time, FDs pay less than 1% interest and High Notes etc pay coupon of 5%. You greedy, you ought to pay the price. Too bad. Tough shit. Learn your lesson lah. You are ultimately responsible for your own actions. If you are not greedy, no one can con you.

I never give the banks' RMs or telemarketers more than 3 seconds of my time. My immediate response on being approached is "not interested", even before they have a chance to open their mouths.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN .... make money clap hands, throw party, go holiday. Lose money cry father, cry mother, blame the cows, neighbours, society and gahmen !!

Sianzzzzz ....

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All these morons who are greedy deserve it. No one put a gun to their heads and asked them to part with their money. At that time, FDs pay less than 1% interest and High Notes etc pay coupon of 5%. You greedy, you ought to pay the price. Too bad. Tough shit. Learn your lesson lah. You are ultimately responsible for your own actions. If you are not greedy, no one can con you.

I never give the banks' RMs or telemarketers more than 3 seconds of my time. My immediate response on being approached is "not interested", even before they have a chance to open their mouths.

i only sit down and tok to chio banks RMs only, but never buy from them. hehehe:P

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN .... make money clap hands, throw party, go holiday. Lose money cry father, cry mother, blame the cows, neighbours, society and gahmen !!

Sianzzzzz ....

Of coz that is what Singaporeans are good at. Only want good returns but do not want to take risk. Last time boasting like hell to those who got no money to buy such products cos they are paid high returns unlike those who have just enough to open up a normal savings account with POSB. Now lost money everybody act dumb.

LP la. Where got such thing as easy money?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
This minibond thing is becoming silly. The initial part was reasonable - vulnerable consumers claiming to be misled.

Then last week we even had a woman who blamed DBS for 5-yr annualised return not enough to feed a dog.

Soon people will go to Hong Lim and kowpeh they didn't win the DBS lucky draw. KNN...

And our million dollar gahmen still acting blind, deaf and dumb....