• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Girl enjoys her breakfast in station

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=510 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Ugly Commuters
Posted on 30 Oct, 2008 20:44
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=530 align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Girl enjoys her breakfast in station

A STOMPer, who spotted this girl eating her breakfast in the train station, says that she is inconsiderate for breaking the rules.

The STOMPer says:

"No food n drink in mrt station.

"Look at the young lady holding the plastic bag, she is enjoying the breakfast".

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Caught: Students eat and drink in trains. Why nothing done?

STOMPer Edwin is concerned with the increasing number of commuters caught eating and drinking in trains, and wonders if enough is being done to discourage this habit.

He says he has seen in several instances, students eating and drinking in trains.

Says the STOMPer:

"Singapore, having an outstanding education system, has a good curriculum that is set in place.

"After teaching these student how to solve calculus and all about Shakesphere, has the school failed to teach them how to read and obey signs that say: 'No Eating or Drinking. Fine $500'?"

He wonders if enough is being done to curb the problem.

He says:

"This is not the first encounter with people consuming food and drinks in the stations and trains.

"On another encounter, my friend saw three students from an ITE happily drinking bubble tea, tapping their cards through the gantry and travelling up the escalator to the train platform, while the station staff didn't notice them at all, when they walked through under their noses.

"My friend approached the station staff and told her about the three students.

"The reply that she got was that SMRT is unable to enforce and control the passengers if it takes place in the train.

"My friend then pointed out that the three students had just gone up the escalator and were drinking bubble tea all the way up to the platform.

"The station staff then gave a very innocent look, and replied 'Is it? I'll check it out'."

The STOMPer hopes that more can be done to tackle the problem, adding that the $500 fine should be strictly enforced to deter people from eating and drinking in trains.

getArticlePhoto.do

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD> </TD><TD>Youth eats in train </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fines won't work if everyone ignores them anyway. Its as if fines are an effective deterrent. If people ignore them subconsciously, the fines become useless.

The fact is: people are jaded, bo-chap, and so why bother about the no-eat, no drink rule?

I'm just looking from the angle of these chaps who were caught eating and drinking, btw.

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cut these people some slack! I am starting to believe that they are already on to something that we don't. That this country is going down the dumps, what better way to prove it? Why try to do something about it? What's public discipline? Our leaders are our examples. If I come across such incidents, I'll give them the thumbs up!

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about ah nehs that play their music loud loud can disturb everybody in the train and stupid chinaman that smoke in the station.

eeoror88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah kbkb for what ?? Pubic transport like that one lah !!

Don't like it, go and buy your own car lor !!