• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Olympic Team Singapore: Do they fly Biz or Econ class?

peter_lee_1969

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any insider? does the athlete fly biz class? Or are star athlete like li jia wei given biz class? or they all fly coach class? just curious...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If they win a medal, be it just a bronze medal, the welcome-home party will surely be extravangantly mindboggling. Perhaps Lim Swee Say may even cry again.

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got chance? No chance.

Img367056_t.JPG

kopi-C

Alfrescian
Loyal
they fly to china with loads of hope.. but guess, all they get to fly when they reach china are kites.. and there goes taxpayers' funds for the trip there.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
sports council like most other gahmen dept think alike.... they only give u the very minimum, nt unless u're a potential gold medalist. i recall nt too long ago, most of our athletes rely mainly on FMF (father mother fund) for their trg & equipments. n i believe its very much the same case in present times.

they should consider themselves lucky to be flying on chartered flights econ class. nt too long ago, athletes had to dig into own pockets for their own flight n accomodations for sea games.

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Basically I have no problems with athletes representing Singapore in Olympics on Biz Class or even 1st Class. Not many representatives and if flying by SQ, all from government which translates to taxpayers money.

It's more of a feel good feeling. The private sectors flies their executives via biz class, 1st class. I don't think we should treat athletes too shady on this.:o

jw5

Loyal
Peter
Based on the pictures in the newspapers, it seems that they fly economy class.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's more of a feel good feeling. The private sectors flies their executives via biz class, 1st class. I don't think we should treat athletes too shady on this.:o

Private sector can justify by the revenue the indivdual pull in. What do the athletes justify with?:rolleyes:

They should run bare foot there, maybe can improve their physical and who know really win a medal.

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
All athletes have signed contract before they are invited to participate in Olympic games. They are not confirmed return flight. If they win

bronze - cattle class
silver - business
gold - first

No medals
Swimmers - swim back home
Runners - run back home
etc etc
Those foreign imports who do not win any medal may opt not to perform all these as are already at place of origin.

2lanu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you understand national glory and pride/

How much does it worth?

I would like to know how much it worth too. Dun expect much from the althetes lah, every time high hope and end up with nothing coming home.:rolleyes:

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is national pride when the athletes who have a high chance of winning a medal is not born/bred here?

I'll bet some of them will return home once they have collected enuff takings from the medals.

suteerak1099

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is national pride when the athletes who have a high chance of winning a medal is not born/bred here?

I'll bet some of them will return home once they have collected enuff takings from the medals.
apparently 2 of the t-tennis paddlers & 1 or 2 soccer players have alraedy done so....