• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheap Food vs Pricey Brands

New Dawn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a week ago, we were having a short conversation in Plurk which arose from Wishbone’s confession of her hatred for instant prata usually found in supermarkets. It sprang up the suggestions of other brands to try. That led me to wonder if Singaporeans are more attracted to cheaper or pricier food.

You’d see, at a time when Singaporeans are finding life harsher, every cent counts. Even a one-cent discount compared to another brand can send the sales volume spiralling up. That’s for the thrifty households, and mine is one of these. Occasionally, I scout around for cheaper items since a brighter brand or higher price need not necessarily reflect the quality of the product. Don’t be surprised with the accumulative savings you enjoy at the end of each month.

But does lower pricings really work? Not all the time. Thinking back, I don’t really enjoy NTUC products very much. I am not sure if NTUC has her own manufacturing plant, so when I said NTUC products, I meant those that are labelled with NTUC logo solely. They are cheaper of course, and reasonably more affordable in the long run. However, most of my experiences with NTUC products are nothing more than one-hit experiences.

Cont...
http://forums.delphiforums.com/sunkopitiam/messages?msg=56.1