• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheapest Petrol in Sin

caveman23

Bros,

Just sharing thoughts on how to get the cheapest petrol in Sillypore esp times like now, seems like all brands "Ba card" get together to raise petrol prices together or something. And we don't have the luxury of government subsidy, good or bad. Ha

1) Update here if there news of price increase (b4 it increase)
2) Best bargain in term or discount or petrol card

To start off,
a) Esso + DBS Esso card - 5% - 5% = nett 10% off bill straightaway (what i'm using)
b) SPC + POSB Everyday card - 5% - 8% = up to -13% if use more than $500purchases, or 7% if use more than $300 per mth (more normal)

These are two best deals I can find, please share if there is any better deals, or if there is any "unknown" price increase coming....

C

cookiesncreme

i am accelerating less aggressively and also try to cut down on neccessary driving ( such as going for a spin ) to save petrol. really tough on the pocket nowadays.

astonteo1981

Alfrescian
Loyal
rise in oil price is not a issue actually,its the rising oils prices which cause us stock to drop which in turn affect worldwide stocks to deappreciate

this cause the entire economic to fall

SomandrisIsDead

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cheapest Petrol in Sin/ Petrol Saving Tips.

Save costs on Petrol? Here are some tips:

1) Pump Petrol in the morning before dawn, or night time about 9pm onwards. During the day time, esp for S'pore, temp is higher, which means the rate of evaporation is faster. So 1L of petrol pumped is not really 1L of petrol received. Heard that in some countries, there is actually a system that accounts for this, something like a formula so you only pay what you acually get.

2) Pump the petrol yourself, and use the slowest rate. You know there are 3 'catches' when u 'pulll the trigger'. Use the first one which slows down the speed of refuelling. The logic is this, the faster the refuel, the more petrol gets evaporated. Don't believe? next time when you refuel, or when the attendant does it for you, take a look just above the pump, and you'll see the vapour. Pumping slower will reduce this, I can't really see the vapour anymoe when I slow it down. Of course this slows down the refuelling time, so do it when you got time. If it saves on your pocket, the little time is worth it.

I only try this recently, and havent got chance to pump after dark. Will continue to monitor my mileage. Do share if this works for you.

Hypnotized

Re: Cheapest Petrol in Sin/ Petrol Saving Tips.

Save costs on Petrol? Here are some tips:

1) Pump Petrol in the morning before dawn, or night time about 9pm onwards. During the day time, esp for S'pore, temp is higher, which means the rate of evaporation is faster. So 1L of petrol pumped is not really 1L of petrol received. Heard that in some countries, there is actually a system that accounts for this, something like a formula so you only pay what you acually get.

i agree with pumping petrol in the morning and late at night from 9pm or even later. but i think evaporation is a smaller loss compared to the following illustration.

we all know that things expand when hot and contract when cool. when this basic science theory is applied to liquid of a given fixed volume, this expansivity alters the density of the liquid. a liquid of a colder temperature is more dense than at high temp.

so if the temp of petrol going into your car is cooler, you are getting a denser composition ie there is more chemical energy for your car to run and you can get a better mileage out of it. but the pump doesnt charge you for density. it charges you per liter, ie by the volume of petrol pumped.

the temp of petrol is largely affected by ground temperature not ambient temp. so pump during the early morning when the ground is cool from the night (heat takes time to dissipate from the ground so night pumping is not as ideal).

my two cents worth, and if you doubt the significance of petrol temp, flashback to the last race of the F1 season last year when McLaren sought to disqualify a few midrunners like BMW during the Brazilian grand prix on the grounds of a variation in petrol temp used during the race. (F1 has strict rules stipulating that petrol pumped cannot be cooled as was the practice in the 80s, as such cooled petrol mixtures were very dense and a few times more combustible than normal temp petrol leading to several mishaps in the pitlane in the form of fireballs on refuelling).

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Very funny. Those can drive car but cannot put fuel in the tank. Use card is good but only save you max. 10% average less than $100/month. But to keep car running cost the owner average $1500/month included insurance/parking/fuel and installment.
Best way is no to drive at all if complain fuel expensive.

goldencub

Alfrescian
Loyal
To start off,
a) Esso + DBS Esso card - 5% - 5% = nett 10% off bill straightaway (what i'm using)
b) SPC + POSB Everyday card - 5% - 8% = up to -13% if use more than $500purchases, or 7% if use more than $300 per mth (more normal)

Bro, got one more.

Caltex is also giving 10% discount with HSBC card.

caveman23

Pump early in the morning and late evening sounds like a very good idea, will definitely use this method.

Well, if you don't mind natural wind, switching off the aircon in the morning and evening, and winding down the windows, does also save on petrol consumption, serious my petrol usage went down.

A few days ago, while driving back, I saw Shell showing 2.134 for 95 octane, thought I saw wrongly, but ha, after hearing the news, for the first time, petrol price falls....

Seems like crude oil is going up again these few days, doubt this will last, petrol will be going up again.. :(

newcomerjkt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought they rise the pump price 2x 5cents, but only give one time reduction of 4 cents so they still earn alot.

As for cheapest Petrol, may also consider installing more fuel economical gaget to the car for better fuel economy, like high flow air filter together with iridium spark plug. I recommended that to my friend and he is reporting an improvement from 12 to 12.5km/l.

forumer

Alfrescian
Loyal
i use corporate discount card

caltex 14% discount off pump prices

add another 2% discount if you use their insurance quotation

plus still can accumulate rewards points :smile:

global25

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no cheap petrol in SIN. Go for 92 or even Diesel(for van) if cheapest price is the option.

Alternatively head over to MY. I was there last week and they do sell Petrol to SIN car @RM$3+/litre.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Petrol Saver & never have to look back: ................................................ Product Information:

1. Your engine will last much longer.
2. Uni-directional super magnet. It does not interfere with any other electrical device
3. Oil will remain clean and metal-free
4. One hundred times more effective than magnetic drain plugs
5. Prevents and deceases the burning of engine oil
6. Helps protect the environment by reducing pollutants
7. Increase mileage (Fuel saving of up to 30 %)
8. Works on petrol, diesel or gas (CNG, LPG…) engines
9. Extends engine life by cleaning existing Carbon/Varnish Deposits
10. Boosts Performance / Horsepower
11. Reduces harmful Exhaust Emissions – NOX, CO, CO2, etc
12. Use for engines up to 16 cylinders. Smoother running engine due to complete combustion
13. Install in less than 5 minutes (no tool needed !!!)
14. Maintenance-free and one-time purchase
15. Lasts 15 years and easily be transferred to another vehicle

What is Fuel Saver?
FUEL SAVER is the most powerful and effective fuel saving device ever made. It is powered by Neodymium Iron Boron super conductors with a very powerful magnetic field. Highly recommended for all engines, gas cookers & water softening.
How Is It Used?
Placing the Fuel Saver, clamped onto the fuel supply line/hose, causes the hydrocarbon molecular clusters to separate and expand. More Oxygen will now combine, with more of these hydrocarbon molecules, which are no longer in large or disorganised clusters, for better and more efficient combustion in the firing chamber. Since fuel is now burning more efficiently, the result is increased thrust power, reduced emissions and less fuel needed to cover same distance and to maintain speed levels.
Carbon and varnish build-up are lowered, thus reducing maintenance and extending engine life.
A "cleaner and hotter" fuel burning also increases horsepower and overall engine performance.
Benefits of Fuel Saver:
The fuel saver accelerates combustion and burns more of the fuel that is normally exhausted as un-burnt pollution in the form of toxic exhaust discharges.
· Pays for itself within a couple of months from your fuel's bill (3 tankful of petrol)
· Improves mileage up to 30 %
· Enhances energy performances!
· Reduces carbon monoxide emission
· Smoother and quieter engine!
· Cleans engine, carburetor and spark plugs!
· Environment friendly!
· Maintenance free!
· Easy to install!
· Does not affect vehicle warranty!
· Engine sound will be changed from sine cycle waves to square waves.
· Engine temperature will decrease.
· For gas burner/cooker , it will change the flame from orange colour to blue.
· For water use, it will change hard particles of water to soft particles.
How Is It Installed?
Fuel saver is small and compact magnetic device which is simply clipped onto your vehicle's fuel supply line nearest to the carburetor or fuel injection rail, or diesel pump without any tool or pipe/hose cutting.
Frequently Asked Questions:

1: Will FUEL SAVER void my new car warranty?
No, since FUEL SAVER is a retro-fit device, it will not void your vehicle's warranty. This applies to all after market or retro-fit devices such as remote car starters, K&N air filters, etc.
2: How much improvement can I expect?
This depends on the age, size and type of the engine, mode of driving whether city or highway, and on weather conditions. Increased performance and lower operating temperature of the vehicle are immediately evident/noticeable. Actual results may vary. Fuel savings can be higher or lower depending on engine model, fuel quality, equipment, cargo load weight, grade, road conditions, traffic, and weather conditions.
3: How does the FUEL SAVER clean the engine?
Your engine builds up carbon / varnish deposits because of incomplete combustion ( improper burning ). Molecules that are non homogeneous are found in both gasoline and diesel Fuel. As these molecules begin to cluster and grow, some molecules become trapped during combustion, air is unable to reach the trapped molecules and they do not burn completely. Instead they are expelled into the atmosphere or retained as carbon/varnish deposits inside your engine. The FUEL SAVER literally breaks the cluster of molecules apart, which otherwise could not penetrate a cluster, more Oxygen is now able to reach the individual molecule and complete combustion takes place.
4: Why aren't the car manufacturers using the FUEL SAVER in their vehicles?
Car manufactures are running tests on the FUEL SAVER , but since they are in the business of selling cars , they really focus more on design and safety features, rather then improving fuel mileage. They rather reduce costs than add cost by selling with fuel saver installed in their cars.The only Car Manufacture to use this fairly new technology is Volkswagen on their TDI (Turbo Direct Injection) diesel engines. Volkswagen currently hold the world's fuel efficiency record - The highest MPG engine for a regular passenger car. (keep in mind the Honda Insight is only a 2-passenger hybrid vehicle)
5: With so many fuel saving devices around, why should I buy your FUEL SAVER
Some cars are luxury and some cheap. Similarly other fuel saver using a similar concept but they are weak and less powerful to make any difference in fuel saving. We have seen a poorly designed FUELEX that uses either ferrite magnet or a Refurbished HARD DISK magnet. So the choice is yours. But we suggest you buy our Powermag Super Fuel Saver.

Attachments

• FS1.jpg
    FS1.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 183
  • fuelFLOW.jpg
    fuelFLOW.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 191
  • Jazz4.jpg
    Jazz4.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
The best way to cheap petrol is to force the petrol stations to lower price.

Imagine if the majority of the motorist would boycott a particular brand just for a week, what would happen? To stay viable that brand has to slash price and this would create a domino effect for the rest to follow.

I say start with SHELL and lets give them HELL!!!!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can share the price of yr product and test results to substantiate the report benefits :wink:
Is costs only $40 & I recovered it over 3 tankful of petrol. Saves about 22% with increased surge power & quieter engine................ I agree with the device which works on principle of frequency resonance to induce de-clustering of petrol molecules & ionisation - both physical forms of petrol responsible for full combustion of petrol in my engine. I drive a super efficient car (Honda Jazz) and yet this devices saves me lots of money with greater thrust power.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is costs only $40 & I recovered it over 3 tankful of petrol. Saves about 22% with increased surge power & quieter engine................ I agree with the device which works on principle of frequency resonance to induce de-clustering of petrol molecules & ionisation - both physical forms of petrol responsible for full combustion of petrol in my engine. I drive a super efficient car (Honda Jazz) and yet this devices saves me lots of money with greater thrust power.

how did you come across this product?

Btw anyone came across some site that peddling water as a source of fuel? Very doubtful, if really true then petrol companies would have gone bust...