• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can Singaporeons fight a war?

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the image of the national flag prominently displayed on this page, I think it is fitting to ask Singaporeons to ponder on this scenario.

The United Despotic Nations of the world decide to use their powers to force a country who is always quarreling with Singapore to settle their differences once and for all in a gladiator style contest. It will be winner takes all.

1000 able bodied men from each country picked at random through computer technology to ensure that man for man, they are of equal weight , height, size and fitness levels.

The contest will take place home and away like a football match, in their respective national stadiums. This is how the contest will be played out.

1000 men from each side will assemble on opposite ends of the stadium’s arena. Between then in the centre of the field would be a pile of 2000 parangs, knives, spears and other assortment of non firearms.

At the blow of a whistle, both sides are to rush to the centre and pick up what they can and fight for their lives. It must be a fight until there’s no one standing from the opposing side. I ask you. What do you think will be the outcome?

Whatever it is, I think F15s, F16s, stealth corvettes and leopard tanks are just a terrible waste of tax payers’ money.

Comment C&P from TOC

Last edited:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can Singaporeons fight a war?

Highly unlikely this will happen see the following discussion

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=6312

But it's my dream to invade our northern Allah Akbar neighbour if I can command a division of God fearing elite assault soldiers to whack them until Kingdom come...No more Mr. Nice Guy...LOL..

But someone needs to cover my ass with some nukes just in case the other bigger Allah Akbar neighbour in the south steps in and want to have some fun too...hehe...

Lagi best we send in our elite God Fearing ISD agents to infiltrate and destablise their Allah lands to soften up the grounds before an invasion.

But are there many God fearing elites agents/soldiers around? Nah...LOL...

Last edited:
Z

Zombie

But it's my dream to invade our northern Allah Akbar neighbour if I can command a division of God fearing elite assault soldiers to whack them until Kingdom come...No more Mr. Nice Guy...LOL..

But someone needs to cover my ass with some nukes just in case the other bigger Allah Akbar neighbour in the south steps in and want to have some fun too...hehe...

Lagi best we send in our elite God Fearing ISD agents to infiltrate and destablise their Allah lands to soften up the grounds before an invasion.

FancyMixedNuts.jpg

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wah you so racist ah? Your pastor teach you that?:eek: No wonder there're terrorism attacks in this world

Z

Zombie

nuts-montage-1.jpg

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you think a country can win any war if a big portion of country are spies?

they just need to turn off some switches, and overnight it is over.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the image of the national flag prominently displayed on this page, I think it is fitting to ask Singaporeons to ponder on this scenario.

The United Despotic Nations of the world decide to use their powers to force a country who is always quarreling with Singapore to settle their differences once and for all in a gladiator style contest. It will be winner takes all.

1000 able bodied men from each country picked at random through computer technology to ensure that man for man, they are of equal weight , height, size and fitness levels.

The contest will take place home and away like a football match, in their respective national stadiums. This is how the contest will be played out.

1000 men from each side will assemble on opposite ends of the stadium’s arena. Between then in the centre of the field would be a pile of 2000 parangs, knives, spears and other assortment of non firearms.

At the blow of a whistle, both sides are to rush to the centre and pick up what they can and fight for their lives. It must be a fight until there’s no one standing from the opposing side. I ask you. What do you think will be the outcome?

Whatever it is, I think F15s, F16s, stealth corvettes and leopard tanks are just a terrible waste of tax payers’ money.

Remember the Malaysia Cup? S'pore's young lions (National Football team) played against mere State Teams and NOT even against their National Team of Malaysia.

In the long history of the Malaysia Cup, S'pore lost most of the time until Uncle Choo came along for their one single victory.

Therefore, the foregone conclusion of the above scenario would be; S'pore losing any form of physical contest.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore can fight a war!, with all the bought software/hardware, Singapore can!. But at what cost?. The test will be not, we can fight!, but how screw up the armed forces will be?. Let's not talk about winning, but wrong the battle strategy will it be?

Those who have gone through NS & Reservist...will be able to answer that question, in the heads!, no need to speak it out!.

Yes!, we can fight a war!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkie fight a way?? You must be joking, This means you have not understand sinkie enough.

Go to my signature and click on the reality award winning video to understand sinkie.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkie fight a way?? You must be joking, This means you have not understand sinkie enough.

Go to my signature and click on the reality award winning video to understand sinkie.

No joke!, we can fight!....the armed forces is efficiently 'organized'!. We will move out, deploy!, display all the state of art hardware!, software!, what bloatware!.

No joke!, we will fight!, but how accurately or free of cockups!, we can not determine, unless we fight!, but no taking of bets!, we already know the odds!.

We can fight! Yes! sir!...we CAN!:biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I only know sinkie soldiers die without even going for a war, just by doing some stupid chin up.

madmansg

Alfrescian
Loyal
war is always won by superior technology so your system is not realistic. This also implies that NS is not realistic as it is base on cheap manpower which basically garuntee you lose in the war.

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
war is always won by superior technology so your system is not realistic. This also implies that NS is not realistic as it is base on cheap manpower which basically garuntee you lose in the war.

Superior Technology did not help the US win the Vietnam War! The greatest airpower in world could not stop the simple foot soldier armed only with an AK47 from winning the war.

Citizens who are griped with fear of voting against the PAP in the ballot box cannot be expected to stand up in the front lines to an invading force where the likelihood of being killed is greater than being AWOL and staying alive.