• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Many countries have overtaken Singapore, especially in service

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR>What to expect when the cuntry has been hijacked by 1 Familee to enrich itself and its cronies, and actively replacing the citizens with FTrash to perpetuate its power?

Unseemly airport exception but,
</TR><!-- headline one : end --><!-- show image if available --></TBODY></TABLE>

<!-- START OF : div id="storytext"--><!-- 4 or less paragraphs so show all paragraphs first before showing the media and bkstry and stuffs --><!-- story content : start -->'Many countries have overtaken Singapore, especially in service.' <!-- story content : start -->DR MELVIN LAU: 'I have always been proud of Changi Airport. Very few airports can compare with the quality of its service staff. But, during a recent trip to Beijing, I was equally impressed with the level of service in Beijing, not just at the airport and hotels, but even at street-side stalls. The greetings and welcome smiles were genuine. Airport employees were efficient, friendly and professional. When I returned to Changi Airport, I was taken aback by the contrast when I stepped up to the immigration counter. There was no queue and the officer at the counter was reading her newspaper openly. When I approached her, I greeted her first, but she continued reading the papers before checking my passport. I know that she was probably the exception to the rule because most of the airport service employees do a great job of making Singapore look good. But it only takes a few with a poor attitude to ruin a visitor's impression of Singapore. We shouldn't be complacent as many other countries are working hard to improve, and have overtaken Singapore, especially in terms of service. Singapore can learn from Hong Kong and China, where many have noticed their dramatic improvement in service standards.'

myjohnson

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all boils down to low morale among Sinkies peasants. They all know it can only get worse from now on. So many people I met had expressed the phrase, 'Chiak Phar Tan Si'

DIVISION1

Alfrescian
Loyal
What you have highlighted, is unfortunately true and hopefully,this crisis will bring people closer. together and maybe service attitudes will be born.

ajikage

Singapore has never been known for its service anyway.

Singaporeans have this attitude that they are better than others, which is why service standards never improved after all these years.