• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

The bitch and 7-Eleven

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
"7-Eleven staff called me a f****** b**** because I forgot my IC"

STOMPer Lynette said she experienced rude service from a 7-Eleven staff who hurled vulgarities at her, when she went to purchase a pack of cigarettes.

The STOMPer recounted this unpleasant incident:

"On 21/06/08, at approximately 3am, I walked to the 7-eleven store at Orchard Plaza to purchase a pack of cigarettes.

"However, I left my bag behind with my friends and only brought my wallet with me. Therefore, when the cashier, who looked around his 20s, asked me for identification, I was unable to produce my I/C but instead a few membership cards of nightclubs, which he shrugged off and remained insistent on my I/C.

"What really appalled me was his terrible service attitude towards me. Firstly, he was being very rude in asking me for my identification and also in refusing my purchase. He did not make an effort to explain or inform me in a pleasant and courteous manner, but resorted to rolling his eyes and raising his voice.

"Finally, he began hurling verbal insults at me, calling me crude things like “f****** b****”.

"I understand the store’s policy on underage sale of cigarettes and the necessity for proof of identification, however I feel the service staff’s attitude in turning down customers should not be acceptable.

"Later on, I returned to the same store with my identification. Despite showing my proof of age, I was again treated with horrible attitude from the same service staff. This time, he was pointing fingers, shouting, and threatening to call the police constantly.

"When I asked for the manager’s name and number, he answered with a raised voice, saying that he was the manager at the outlet and to “bring it on”.

"He finally sold me a pack of cigarettes and I left the store without further communication.

"This incident has left me furious, and also with a very deep impression on the slack service standards implemented by service staff in Singapore. Especially in tourist popular Orchard Road, this issue raises a huge concern on how service staff portray an image of Singaporeans.

"I feel that no matter how difficult a customer is, “the customer is always right” still stands as an important policy of the service industry. I suggest proper training and instructions to be given to staff to improve their attitudes and standards of service."

jake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Complainant was drunk and refused to produce IC, says 7-Eleven

7-Eleven says that staff at their Orchard Plaza outlet refused to sell cigarettes to STOMPer Lynette as she was drunk and refused to produce her I/C.

Earlier, STOMPer Lynette said she experienced rude service from a 7-Eleven staff who called her crude things like f****** b****, when she went to purchase a pack of cigarettes because she forgot to bring her I/C along.

In an e-mail response to STOMP(29 July), 7-Eleven says:

“We have investigated the incident and would like to express our sincere apologies to Ms Lynette for any inconvenience caused whilst shopping at our store at Orchard Plaza.

“Our investigation, verified via security camera and another regular customer who witnessed the whole incident, showed that the complainant was drunk and refused to produce her I/C when staff asked her for it.

“Complainant became abusive when staff refused to sell her the cigarettes. Another customer then advised staff to call the Police as the complainant was out of control. Complainant then left the store and returned with 3 male friends.

“Her friends, on hearing the whole story, apologised on behalf of the complainant and produced her I/C so that she could purchase the cigarettes. Our staff followed procedure and was not seen to be abusive at any time.

“We would like to thank the complainant for giving us the opportunity to improve on our service level and welcome her back to 7-Eleven for a better shopping experience.

“Thanking you for your support.”

da dick

Alfrescian
Loyal
the 2nd message says it all. i always heard about how orchard road service staff are madly polite... and have been caught several times for selling cigarettes to the underaged. hahahha.

enforcing the so called delusional standard of "the customer is always right" will just encourage them to sell cigs to any dman teenage punk who loves to complain and act like a gangster.

if the customer is really always right... then cigarettes would be free and require no minimum age.

simone

Alfrescian
Loyal
al the fuss just for a packet of cigarettes which cost so much and does so much harm to our health???

p/s i am a smoker also...

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
the issue is the bitch dares to complain despite being at fault!

how many pple kenna sabo by pple complaining and posting photos on STOMP?

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
7-11 hiring all kinds of people. I won't be surprised at all. Cunning runt is a glutton for punishment. The bet fun I ever had when 7-11 hired 2 ah-quas so I ask them if "7-11 is hiring again". They got very angry so have to make a hasty retreat.

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cashier is right to screw her fucking bitch for buying cigarettes in fact should have scolded her stupid fucking bitch...cos she should know that smoking can kill...

pia

Alfrescian
Loyal
How to handle an alcoholic b***h like that? She must still be drunk when she wrote in to complain.