• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Phenonmenon FT Growth in SG for last 2 yrs!

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
FT Population in Singapore
(ie, exclude SG & PR)

1996 602,600
1997 672,600
1998 747,200
1999 729,000
2000 754,500
2001 812,100
2002 793,100
2003 747,900
2004 753,400
2005 798,000
2006 875,500
2007 1,005,500

(data from: http://www.singstat.gov.sg)

It took us something like 9 years (1996 - 2005) to increase from 600K to 800K FTs but only 2 years (2005 - 2007) to increase from 800K to 1M FTs!

Going by this rate, we are increasing something like 100K FTs a year (not even counting PRs). We now have 3.6M SG+PR. In 10-15 years time, there will be more FT+PRs than Singaporeans at current rate of growth!!!

kwh79

its a quick way to increase population to 6.5million target. faster than waiting for us to make babies.:biggrin:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
May drop in 2009 due to recession. But the FT managers hire their own people, should have some support there.

Tough luck for LV Sands, opening during bad times.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
you see lah brainless twit .... you still worship your MIW scums for f**K?

I am going to strictly enforce the rule that this section is for friendly talk only. Anymore nonsense from you and ALL your posts will disappear in 2 seconds flat. :mad:

I am happy to sacrifice traffic in order to keep out the rubbish from this section. If you don't like this rule, please don't come here.

If two people enjoy flaming each other, start a thread in the rubbish section and kill each other there. If you want argue about politics, use the politics folder.:rolleyes:

kojakbt

Alfrescian
Loyal
df043ff758.jpg

Mighty Megatron

Alfrescian
Loyal
wonder how we going to survive with so many unwant mouths coming hir.

Take a painful paycut, wrok longer inhuman hours, never be about to afford to get married and have kids... :( Looks like time to live like our forefathers live frugally and pray hard that inflation don't eat away our savings. :p

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
No. Time to get rid of the problem at its source = the Lees and the PAP dogs.

Take a painful paycut, wrok longer inhuman hours, never be about to afford to get married and have kids... :( Looks like time to live like our forefathers live frugally and pray hard that inflation don't eat away our savings. :p

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
singapore is fucked!!

Unfortunately have to agree with you:(

Even if tomorrow the parliament building collapese killing all the PAP, the damage of their policies will continue.

The effects of the stop at 2 policy. The damage of the second language policy. The inflation caused by the PAP. The millions of foreigner in Spore. The arrogant attitude of the elites,...

Current & future generations are screwed. :rolleyes:

gbomega

Alfrescian
Loyal
It all started when some elites quoted that in China golden era, I think it's Tang dynasty there is 1 foreigner found amongst 3 locals. So they import and declare our own golden age.

peterpan707

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is the number of COE increase at the same rate?

Obviously not, no wonder, car getting so expensive nowaday.

No wonder public buses and MRT are making so much money.
Better still, MRT station is convert to shopping centre, now become landlord start collecting rent. Just wait and collect money.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Could it be that the recent floods are caused by having too many people and buildings in SG and the land sinks or water table rising? At least thats what the old people are saying when i went back yesterday. My father in law was very disappointed with things in SG and told me in all his years, he never heard of Orchard flooding, its becoming ridiculous.